Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 04:13 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Fans of teams deserve a thread of their own favorite club where they can compare notes. Where they can find out about roster moves, players picked up on waivers, injury reports, etc., etc, etc. They should be able to converse with similar fans without putting up with snarky commentary, flat out name calling, and flippant one liners.

Quoted from early September.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-29-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 06:48 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,497 times
Hey look... the Seahawks managed to beat a 3rd string QB and win the division and #1 seed!

Congrats!

Who will they play in the divisional round? Either the Packers, 49ers or Saints.

Hmmmm....

Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Has the Seahawks ever won a Super Bowl? Just wondering...
Sometimes will be the first time...right?
And just for fun, lets pretend they do win the Super Bowl, then you come on here next year and say ..
"has Seattle ever won more than one Super Bowl".

Anyways, I'm glad they lost last week in Seattle. It bothered me that people kept saying they can't lose at home. I knocked on wood 3 times each time somebody said that. No team is unbeatable.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Sometimes will be the first time...right?
And just for fun, lets pretend they do win the Super Bowl, then you come on here next year and say ..
"has Seattle ever won more than one Super Bowl".

Anyways, I'm glad they lost last week in Seattle. It bothered me that people kept saying they can't lose at home. I knocked on wood 3 times each time somebody said that. No team is unbeatable.
The Seahawks have only once had the #1 playoff seed before this season. That previous time was 2005 when they went 13-3 and made it to the Super Bowl. I like their chances. I'm not ready to crown them NFC Champs, but I do like their chances.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 PM

570 posts, read 720,967 times
The offense looked better today, but they still need to get those 3rd down conversions on lock.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:57 AM

3,972 posts, read 5,163,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
The offense looked better today, but they still need to get those 3rd down conversions on lock.
Those and penalties. We keep allowing the opponents drives to continue because of them. That's a big reason we lost to Arizona. We have to stop doing that or else we're one and done in hte playoffs.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Seahawks have only once had the #1 playoff seed before this season. That previous time was 2005 when they went 13-3 and made it to the Super Bowl. I like their chances. I'm not ready to crown them NFC Champs, but I do like their chances.
The NFL Network discussion this morning was on which team could come into Seattle and knock off the Seahawks...

Most said the 49ers. They are playing lights out right now and are a division opponent. (Please don't mention the last 2 times SF has lost in Seattle... it means nothing)

I also think Green Bay... Aaron Rodgers can play anywhere. Assuming Philly knocks off the bad road team known as New Orleans the Seahawks will get the winner of GB/SF for their first game.

Philly too... they can score. That would be the NFCCG though.

The Seattle D looks great... the offense, not so much. That and they continue to rack up penalties.

One and done?

Old 12-30-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
The NFL Network discussion this morning was on which team could come into Seattle and knock off the Seahawks...

Most said the 49ers. They are playing lights out right now and are a division opponent. (Please don't mention the last 2 times SF has lost in Seattle... it means nothing)

I also think Green Bay... Aaron Rodgers can play anywhere. Assuming Philly knocks off the bad road team known as New Orleans the Seahawks will get the winner of GB/SF for their first game.

Philly too... they can score. That would be the NFCCG though.

The Seattle D looks great... the offense, not so much. That and they continue to rack up penalties.

One and done?
Like the AFC, the NFC is wall to wall contenders. I feel least confident in the Packers and Eagles, but feel that any of the Saints, 49ers, or Panthers can go into Seattle and knock off the Seahawks. Likewise I think the Seahawks can handle any team in the NFC slate. This is a fancy way of saying I won't be surprised by any outcome this season. This is one of the best playoff slates in both conferences in recent memory. I'm excited to see how it plays out. I know you're hoping for a Seahawks upset but don't be surprised if they kick it in gear and reach the Super Bowl. A lot of teams do that in time for the playoffs.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Like the AFC, the NFC is wall to wall contenders. I feel least confident in the Packers and Eagles, but feel that any of the Saints, 49ers, or Panthers can go into Seattle and knock off the Seahawks. Likewise I think the Seahawks can handle any team in the NFC slate. This is a fancy way of saying I won't be surprised by any outcome this season. This is one of the best playoff slates in both conferences in recent memory. I'm excited to see how it plays out. I know you're hoping for a Seahawks upset but don't be surprised if they kick it in gear and reach the Super Bowl. A lot of teams do that in time for the playoffs.
Oh I won't be surprised. Any of the NFC teams could reach the Super Bowl other than maybe New Orleans IMHO... I don't see them winning 3 road games.

I question Seattle's offense and their league leading penalties but they definitely have the D to beat anyone.

Honestly I'm half hoping for a Seattle/Denver Super Bowl. They haven't seen a QB like Manning and I think he'd pick Seattle apart.

(Sorry Seattle faithful, the 40-10 preseason win over Denver where Manning played 1 quarter doesn't count)

Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Oh I won't be surprised. Any of the NFC teams could reach the Super Bowl other than maybe New Orleans IMHO... I don't see them winning 3 road games.

I question Seattle's offense and their league leading penalties but they definitely have the D to beat anyone.

Honestly I'm half hoping for a Seattle/Denver Super Bowl. They haven't seen a QB like Manning and I think he'd pick Seattle apart.

(Sorry Seattle faithful, the 40-10 preseason win over Denver where Manning played 1 quarter doesn't count)
I am as well. First off, I'm a Broncos fan, so obviously I want to see the Broncos in the Super Bowl. A Seahawks-Broncos Super Bowl pits the league's best offense against the league's best defense, as well as a grudge match between two former AFC West rivals. While the players on the teams today won't remember those Seahawks AFC West years, the fans certainly will. Seahawks fans still seem to have a special place on their $hitlist the Broncos and their fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football