Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

See you in Az., Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 08:24 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
This SuperBowl IMO the two best teams in the NFL will be playing each other, so it should be a great game, Pats vs. Hawks.

also, was I seeing things but did Lynch wear those gold cleeted shoes after all, I'm sure I saw them on the play where he went out of bounds. Thought one of the commentators said the league told him he couldn't wear them or he would be fined. I thought Ackman would have commented on it, but no one said a word???

Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Good game, Seattle. Now I understand why people are sick of the Patriots, I'm sick of the Seahawks! Hope to see y'all in a couple of weeks.
Should be a great game. Seahawks showed incredible resiliency today. But it seems each year you feel a team is destined to win it all. It feels like the Patriots year this year, but they have a gigantic road block in front of them.

In general, I think the gap between the Pats offense vs the Hawks defense is wider than the gap between the Hawks offense and Pats defense. I think the Pats offense can do more damage as I think the Pats defense is playing as well as the Hawks right now, but the Pats offense looks better than the Hawks.

But, that's just conjecture on my part. In two weeks from tonight we'll have the truth.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:33 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,527,359 times
Amazing game. A.MA.ZING. Wow.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Too many super bowls where it seemed like the best team didn't make it, that it was just a dumb luck last second thing that got them in. This is not the first time it's happened. It's hard to tell the very best teams when there are so few games.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:11 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
The Seahawks prevailed because they were the better team. Not by much however. Last year, that Hawk team would've beaten the Packers more decisively. The Packers got better and the Hawks declined a bit from last year IMO. Still dominant, but the Packers showed they were a better team for most of this game when it all started to fall apart for them.

Whatever the case, you have to finish these games, and that's what the Seahawks did. I have to give credit to the Packers though. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with next season, and may be the NFC team to beat.

Great to see the Hawks move on though. I've been wanting to see the Hawks defend their title against the Patriots in the SB since mid-season.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:39 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,527,359 times
The Packers have huge meat-and-potatoes Viking warriors on the team, and played great straight football, but they took the win for granted, tired, and didn't finish. Seattle was smart and used its quirky thinking-outside-of-the-box strategy to win the game. Our guys are more sinewy and less ready to fatigue, and are supportive of one another and unified as a team. This support is true from the owner on down. We have a team of oddballs but Seattle capitalized on its strengths, and that's what won the game.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:36 AM

526 posts, read 898,830 times
Who got MVP for this UNREAL game??

can't find answer anywhere easily. Thinking it should by Lynch

Old 01-19-2015, 11:58 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
The Packers have huge meat-and-potatoes Viking warriors on the team, and played great straight football, but they took the win for granted, tired, and didn't finish. Seattle was smart and used its quirky thinking-outside-of-the-box strategy to win the game. Our guys are more sinewy and less ready to fatigue, and are supportive of one another and unified as a team. This support is true from the owner on down. We have a team of oddballs but Seattle capitalized on its strengths, and that's what won the game.

Excellent post ! That's what I was thinking.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:02 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidas View Post
Who got MVP for this UNREAL game?? can't find answer anywhere easily.
Seahawk fans, oh boy.

Last edited by everwinter; 01-19-2015 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football