Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 09:26 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
At this point I just want the defense to progress to average. That would really help because the offense is starting to get consistent with their weapons.
Yep, understandable. However, after what we saw last night between the Panthers and Steelers, D-fense seems to be OPTIONAL (?), and no longer a major requirement in the NFL! The fear of hitting due to major penalties and/or concussions seems to have been driven into the players and coaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 04:12 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Yep, understandable. However, after what we saw last night between the Panthers and Steelers, D-fense seems to be OPTIONAL (?), and no longer a major requirement in the NFL! The fear of hitting due to major penalties and/or concussions seems to have been driven into the players and coaches.
Unfortunately, after watching Drew Brees run it in the end-zone twice against ATL really agrees with what you're saying.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Back to a non-existent defense.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:41 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Stick a fork in 'em

Old 11-26-2018, 04:16 PM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Arthur needs to re-assess the team. Its going in the wrong direction. We have great skill players on offense, but the D's a train wreck. We can't run the ball either.

We need 100% emphasis for the next 2 years on the big uglies in the trenches. That's our weakness on both sides of the ball.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
You do realize the two starting guards are on IR, right?

Old 12-02-2018, 10:11 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,204 times
Atlanta is coming to Green Bay next Sunday

Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 PM

Here's to hoping the Dirty Birds lose out for the good of the franchise. Winning 2/3 does us no favors.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:13 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Here's to hoping the Dirty Birds lose out for the good of the franchise. Winning 2/3 does us no favors.
Agreed but being a closet Falcons fan (because i live in Atlanta) I at least want them to play hard and they have not done so the past month. Sure they played hard in the 1st quarter vs the Pack but they quit in the 2nd quarter and if not for 2 late garbage TDs, the game was a blowout. I tell my hardcore Falcon fan buddies that Dan Reeves took the Falcons to the Super Bowl and he was fired for less. I put most of the blame on Quinn although i highly doubt he gets fired this year.. but another year like this and he is gone, IMO..

Old 12-12-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Agreed but being a closet Falcons fan (because i live in Atlanta) I at least want them to play hard and they have not done so the past month. Sure they played hard in the 1st quarter vs the Pack but they quit in the 2nd quarter and if not for 2 late garbage TDs, the game was a blowout. I tell my hardcore Falcon fan buddies that Dan Reeves took the Falcons to the Super Bowl and he was fired for less. I put most of the blame on Quinn although i highly doubt he gets fired this year.. but another year like this and he is gone, IMO..
Yep, I agree with everything you've wrote. This team is talanted but they are brainless. Going to Dan, well he did cost us a SB (Head Coach is supposed to override the OC during crucial parts of the game) and his scheme has major flaws since we don't have a great secondary like those SB Seattle teams. He's stubborn.

At this point, the players would be playing for incentives and their jobs, that's cool but I would be disgusted because Ws would now mess up our draft position and we need a good draft very bad. They can start pad their heart out but I still want them to lose out.

They need to get another OC. Did I mention that they need to lose out? As a fan, I won't look at the players any differently if they lose out and most Falcons' supporters feel the same way (besides that ship has sailed and we know this team is pathetic, the Cleveland loss was confirmation. I take that back, it was the first Saints game when Drew Brees ran it in from 10 yards and broke two tackles, all in slow motion. There's more but I don't get paid for this).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football