Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 04:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times

Advertisements

The Jets will never go back to the Superbowl; they'll be a perennial up and down team... In the meantime, the Miami Dolphins will return to greatness and win a Superbowl in the next two years.

Go Dolphins!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Hmm...not even one other comment after the win over Buffalo? How short peoples' memories are! Last season, 4-12. This year, nine wins after fourteen games. We've doubled the number of wins in one year. Brett Favre was brought in to lead and inspire--exactly what he's done. Yeah, but for some bad play the Jets could easily be 11-3 now. But...

There have been years when it was actually embarrassing to let anyone else know that you were a Jets fan. 2008 is at the other end of the spectrum. This has been a wonderful season. And it ain't even over yet.
I've been a Jets fan since they were the Titans, and never been ashamed to say so

Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The Jets will never go back to the Superbowl; they'll be a perennial up and down team... In the meantime, the Miami Dolphins will return to greatness and win a Superbowl in the next two years.

Go Dolphins!

Never is a very long time. And I don't believe any SuperBowl victory will ever have the impact as the Jets' one in SuperBowl III that validated AFL teams as true contenders.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

Go Dolphins!
Obviously, you either have knowledge that nobody else does, or some kind of gambling connection to the NFL's offices.

If anything at all is likely between these two teams, it's the exact opposite of what you predict. (Although I shouldn't really honor the statement by calling it a prediction. It's more like a hope, a prayer, a fervent wish you know perfectly well isn't happening).

Old 12-17-2008, 12:33 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Hmm...not even one other comment after the win over Buffalo? How short peoples' memories are! Last season, 4-12. This year, nine wins after fourteen games. We've doubled the number of wins in one year. Brett Favre was brought in to lead and inspire--exactly what he's done. Yeah, but for some bad play the Jets could easily be 11-3 now. But...

There have been years when it was actually embarrassing to let anyone else know that you were a Jets fan. 2008 is at the other end of the spectrum. This has been a wonderful season. And it ain't even over yet.
I haven't payed super close attention...do they have to basically win both of these last two games to make the playoffs? (due to tie-breakers etc.)

I actually hope the Jets make a push this year into the playoffs....because next year they will get a tougher schedule, Favre will be another year older etc.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I actually hope the Jets make a push this year into the playoffs....because next year they will get a tougher schedule, Favre will be another year older etc.
Meaning what? That there's a better chance for him (and by extension, the team) not to do well? Another good draft, another key free agent signing or two, and trust me, nobody will be able to hold the schedule against the Jets.

If you hate the Jets, why don't you just come out and say so? Here, look: these things are easy. I hate the Cowboys! See? I could do that all day long.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I haven't payed super close attention...do they have to basically win both of these last two games to make the playoffs? (due to tie-breakers etc.)

They don't HAVE to win depending on what others in their division do but.................................IF they win out they win the divison, regardless of others' games.

They control their own destiny, if they're truly a play-off caliber team they'll prove it in the last two games.

I've been a Jets fan since they were the Titans, if a team can't get themselves up to win two games and their division they deserve to get the golf clubs out.

Last edited by burdell; 12-18-2008 at 12:59 PM..

Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Meaning what? That there's a better chance for him (and by extension, the team) not to do well? Another good draft, another key free agent signing or two, and trust me, nobody will be able to hold the schedule against the Jets.

If you hate the Jets, why don't you just come out and say so? Here, look: these things are easy. I hate the Cowboys! See? I could do that all day long.
You have some serious paranoia. I just said I HOPE THE JETS MAKE A GOOD PUSH INTO THE PLAYOFFS! Next year will be MUCH harder for them schedule-wise. <sheesh>

Listen homer...you do realize that you also LOSE guys to free agency, injury, they get older and slower etc. The Jets are currently sitting on the fence, um...dont you want them to make the playoffs?

It's pretty obvious that you have been sniffing the Jets happy glue...you just seem to assume that good times are here to stay....um....you are very optimistic. Don't worry, Favre will be around another 10 years at least.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that you have been sniffing the Jets happy glue...you just seem to assume that good times are here to stay....um....you are very optimistic. Don't worry, Favre will be around another 10 years at least.
What's obvious is that you know nothing of what it is to be a Jet fan. We are the last people on this planet to assume good times are here to stay. Quite the contrary, we're always waiting for disaster just around the corner.

If you meant something other than what you put in that posting, then you didn't do a very good job of making it clear.

And by the way, I'm not sure why, but I have this crazy idea that Favre won't, in fact, be around for at least ten years. Just a feeling I can't get away from.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
What's obvious is that you know nothing of what it is to be a Jet fan. We are the last people on this planet to assume good times are here to stay. Quite the contrary, we're always waiting for disaster just around the corner.

If you meant something other than what you put in that posting, then you didn't do a very good job of making it clear.

And by the way, I'm not sure why, but I have this crazy idea that Favre won't, in fact, be around for at least ten years. Just a feeling I can't get away from.
You should at least admit you jumped on me for misreading my earlier post...then again, I'm stunned that I stumbled upon a Jets fan that is literate so lets just call it even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football