Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times

Advertisements

RjRobb2is right. There has been a lot of no shows according to a friend of mine who lives there and goes to the games. Their situation reminds me of their days from the late 70's through ALL of the 80's minus 1986, when John Mackovic at least got them a wild card. How did he get rewarded? He was shown the door. Yep, that's right-fired! It's going to take a few years for them to turn it around, and it is likely Herman Edwards will not be around to see it happen. Too bad- the mess isn't all his fault but that's what happens in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Except the fact that they are the highest scoring offense in the league and have double the points of almost every team.

Other than that......... just like last year.
well, highest I guess. the second highest offence that week is the one playing the broncos. Don't get me wrong, I like the wins, but I feel luck has a lot to do with it in the forth quarter.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 AM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I agree with that. I'm not used to the Broncos having a pathetic and leaky defense.

The Broncos get a big lead going in the 1st quarter and the opposing team (the Number 2 scoring team in the league for that week as sberdrow so accurately puts it) comes back in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Then when the pressure is on, the offense gives up the ball one way or another and the defense is finally put to the test to um... earn their paycheck and they choke.

I'm getting sick of it. I'm not used to seeing the Denver Broncos have a crappy defense. It's teams that have this prolific offense early in the season that fade late. I'd rather have the best defense in the league, have a .500 record and come on late and go into the playoffs with the best running attack and the best defense. That's the team that wins Super Bowls.

Oh, and about the KC game coming up; let's see what the attendance will be when the Broncos come to town. Bandwagoners or not, the Broncos will find a way to make the game interesting. I pick the Broncos by two.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I agree with that. I'm not used to the Broncos having a pathetic and leaky defense.

The Broncos get a big lead going in the 1st quarter and the opposing team (the Number 2 scoring team in the league for that week as sberdrow so accurately puts it) comes back in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Then when the pressure is on, the offense gives up the ball one way or another and the defense is finally put to the test to um... earn their paycheck and they choke.

I'm getting sick of it. I'm not used to seeing the Denver Broncos have a crappy defense. It's teams that have this prolific offense early in the season that fade late. I'd rather have the best defense in the league, have a .500 record and come on late and go into the playoffs with the best running attack and the best defense. That's the team that wins Super Bowls.

Oh, and about the KC game coming up; let's see what the attendance will be when the Broncos come to town. Bandwagoners or not, the Broncos will find a way to make the game interesting. I pick the Broncos by two.
I predict 21-3 in the first quarter, but games ends up 42-38 Bronco eeeeks out the win as time runs out and KC is driving on the Denver 44 before they stall on 4th down.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
That'd be fine. That will happen or the Broncos will lose and Cutler will get injured.

Wake up Denver Defense. Wake up!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I predict 21-3 in the first quarter, but games ends up 42-38 Bronco eeeeks out the win as time runs out and KC is driving on the Denver 44 before they stall on 4th down.
You think the Chiefs can score 38 points? They couldnt do that against a high school team.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You think the Chiefs can score 38 points? They couldnt do that against a high school team.
you know, you may be right. no...Im still going with my original score. 42-38 Denver win

Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM

719 posts, read 2,617,326 times
That was an impressive goal line stand the Denver D showed, though. They should build on that. This might sound crazy, but why not hire 'ol Joe Collier as a consultant to get that 3-4 defense working again, since they seem to be tinkering with it anyway. He is a genius.

Last edited by Sockeye; 09-23-2008 at 12:43 PM..

Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I really miss Joe Collier Sockeye! Every time I think of Joe I think of that clipboard he was carrying while ALWAYS pacing back and forth on the sideline. His mannerisms went into overtime whenever they played the Chargers. The look on Don Coryell's face was great every time Collier's defense would come up with a great play. Coryell would would get all tensed up on the sideline with that look! Those were great battles!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-24-2008 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: dupication

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM

719 posts, read 2,617,326 times
Yes! As Don Meredith always noted, Coryell always looked like he had a bad headache! There was a great article about Collier in the Post several months ago. He still bleeds orange, and for a guy in his late 80's he's in very good health. Heck, maybe he'd be proof that youth and agility is no match for old age and treachery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football