Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2010, 07:53 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,464,381 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, Jay Cutler called from the playoffs, he says hello....

Heeehee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 AM

18,196 posts, read 25,766,239 times
Cutler has had a good year this year, only passed for 194 yards last night but put five scores on the board for the Bears (Hester having the other one). Cutler's issue regarding the Broncos was the firing of Shanahan and the issues he had with Josh McDaniels.

The Broncos problems certainly aren't at quarterback. With the exception of the secondary, we're lacking on defense. Our running game hasn't scared too many defenses either though Knoshon Moreno had looked good the last few games until he got injured-again!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,464,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Cutler has had a good year this year, only passed for 194 yards last night but put five scores on the board for the Bears (Hester having the other one). Cutler's issue regarding the Broncos was the firing of Shanahan and the issues he had with Josh McDaniels.

The Broncos problems certainly aren't at quarterback. With the exception of the secondary, we're lacking on defense. Our running game hasn't scared too many defenses either though Knoshon Moreno had looked good the last few games until he got injured-again!
For sure...Jay has by no means been the Bears savior this year. I don't think its as bad as they are winning in spite of him though, nor do I think the Broncos would be a playoff team with Cutler at the helm. I just was having some fun like a few Broncos fans in our thread were last year when Cutler was throwing pick after pick after pick

Old 12-21-2010, 10:48 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Hey guys, Jay Cutler called from the playoffs, he says hello....

Heeehee
Don't worry, this is the part of the season when Cutler plays his worst ball. I'm sure I'll be making a "Hey, Cutler just ended your season with a pick 6 in the playoff" post soon.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,962,891 times
Cutler has had his good moments this season, but the Bears are winning because of their defense, a luxury that Cutler never had in Denver. He didn't have it in Chicago last year, either and look where that got him. So Bears fans who think they have their franchise QB had better hope that the Bears defensive identity holds up as long as #6 is their QB. He clearly cannot carry a team.

As for the Broncos and Tim Tebow, a lot remains to be seen. I'm excited for him and hope that we see a glimmer of hope in these remaining games. We could use it after this season. What I think is most impressive about his first start is that he did not turn the ball over. Very impressive for a rookie making his first start on the road against an above average defense. He took care of the ball, and that's a good start!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:09 PM

Matt Prater to injured reserve.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:38 PM

18,196 posts, read 25,766,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Cutler has had his good moments this season, but the Bears are winning because of their defense, a luxury that Cutler never had in Denver. He didn't have it in Chicago last year, either and look where that got him. So Bears fans who think they have their franchise QB had better hope that the Bears defensive identity holds up as long as #6 is their QB. He clearly cannot carry a team.

As for the Broncos and Tim Tebow, a lot remains to be seen. I'm excited for him and hope that we see a glimmer of hope in these remaining games. We could use it after this season. What I think is most impressive about his first start is that he did not turn the ball over. Very impressive for a rookie making his first start on the road against an above average defense. He took care of the ball, and that's a good start!
Good points. As we are guaranteed our worst season since 1967 (sheesh-that's 43 years!) let's see what the kid can do. He is after all the #1 draft choice from this season. The object here is to get some mileage out of your players.

I thought Tebow done all right Sunday, all things considered. He made some great plays, like the 40 yard dash for 6 points, the td pass to Brandon Lloyd, the ALMOST td pass in the 4th quarter (receivers name escapes me). One thing I want to stress here. It's not so much how well Tebow played OUT of the pocket (and he did), but how well he plays IN the pocket. And that will take time. It is going to take longer than just the two games remaining here to see if this is indeed our quarterback of the future. No doubt by then the new head coach will have to decide between Orton and Tebow.

Will the Broncos look for a head coach who has the backround to fit in philosophy wise what Tebow excels at? Where the two can be absolutley compatible? I don't know myself, I'm sure the administration is going to look at this closely. And then there is the administration itself. What kind of changes will happen here?

Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
They've also reeled Cutler in by a substantial amount. Hell, they had to since letting him air it out results in a bulk supply of interceptions.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:24 PM

26,174 posts, read 48,888,485 times
Per this webpage, Cutler is tied for 10th in interceptions, having thrown 13 so far this year, yet 9 of 40 QB's have thrown 14 or more picks.

Note that the webpage is interactive, you can sort on any column, a neat feature.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,401,981 times
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all my Bronco fan friends....guessing a few things on our Christmas lists are the same.

Enjoy your holidays, be safe and have peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football