Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 PM

19 posts, read 36,187 times

Advertisements

My Broncos will win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Whats the good news all about with Shannon Sharp? I didnt hear anything yet. BTW...PLAY TIM TONIGHT

Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Whats the good news all about with Shannon Sharp? I didnt hear anything yet. BTW...PLAY TIM TONIGHT
Oh, is this about the Hall of Fame?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Yes I'm a die hard Bronco Fan-I was not happy Shannon is in the Hall of Fame...

PLAY TIM TEBOW!!!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 04:04 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
He'll get plenty of time, you can bet on it. Usually with the first preseason game, starters generally play 2 series of plays in the first quarter. Then they are done for the night. As Tebow is currently placed at second on the depth chart, watch for him to come in halfway through the first quarter.

Looking forward to see several people tonight-Elvis Dumerville, I believe he'll be in a surly mood after sitting out all last season. And Von Miller, our #1 draft choice. What I saw last year from him I really liked! Julius Thomas? This guy might be the surprise of the draft from what I've been hearing from the Denver talk show yakkers I can pick up streaming the net.

Kickoff coming in a couple hours. Are you ready for some football??

Old 08-12-2011, 12:26 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I am so ready for football!!! I was dare-I-say-it sort of impressed with Quinn. He had some good numbers. I'm not sold on Tebow becoming the starter though. I prefer Orton to be the starter. Psyched about going to the game next Sat!!! and the rest of the home games!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I'm fine with Orton and the offense.

I'm concerned with the Broncos' defense and their ability to stop the run and to stop their opponents on 3rd and long. Until that happens, I'm predicting 5-11.

I'm sick of the Tebow hype... and I don't blame the player. I blame the media.

"Let's talk to Tebow about the game and see how he thought it went down." Tebow this, Tebow that blahblahblah!

How about shut the heck up and focus on the other 50 some players? How about talk to Jones, number 33 and see what he thought of his coverage on the last two plays of the game and whether or not he's got the skills to be Corner Back for the Broncos in the NFL?

How about start treating Tebow like the 2nd or 3rd string QB that he is? I'm sick of that hype.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 PM

It's not at all surprising to know all of this nonsense is being cranked out by one network- ESPN. Merill Hoge started all this nonsense, Jim Rome picked it up next (He is an ESPN employee with his own tv as well as radio show), now writer Rick Reilly is in on the act. It's like all these bohonks had nothing to write or *** about for the last few months and all of a sudden they go crazy.

McGowdog is right. And for ESPN's information, here is the scoop of what went wrong last year.

1. Our offensive line needs help.
2. Our defensive line needs help.
3. We didn't have a good north south runner.
4. We were 31st in the NFL last year in total defense.
5. Lots of distractions on the club ranging from a Bronco player committing suicide (Kenny McKinley) to losing our best player in training camp for the season (Elvis Dumervil)

Lots of problems.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Well, getting to the game. You're not going to get much out of a game when the first string players are only in there for maybe half of the first quarter. But it was a good start. You have the occasional blown assignments and dumb penalties which you expect in the first preseason game. A good one on that point was the penalty when Orton got the O down near the Dallas goal line. He was only in on the one series, then Tebow got in late in the first quarter. Moreno and Willis McGhahee got in a few good runs.

I was a tad concerned when the Cowboys went right down the middle on us early, still Denvers D held them to three points. Game actually was pretty even stat wise with time of possession virtually equal. Denver outgained on total yardage by 357 to 345. Brady Quinn got off to a rough start, actually stumbling on his first snap. But he looked pretty darn good on those 2 td drives, going 8 for 14 for 120 yards. All the media wants to carp on is Orton versus Tebow. How about a word on Quinn?

Coach Fox did the right thing by not feeding into the media hype machine by saying after the game that Tim Tebow is a "work in progress." He is. Tebow had some rough plays but had good ones as well. The 43 yard pass to Willis was a great throw. I'm not losing any sleep over the final drive with Dallas winning on the last play. By the third weeks game then we'll know what we have here as that is the game where the starters get the workout.

There was the penalties and blown assignments which one would expect from the first game. What was surprising was there was only one turnover in the game.

And it was good to get the season started.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Yeah, I'll agree that the only sure test is that third game. But it's still a sickening reminder of last season to see them roll over on the last two plays of the game to lose like that.

That #33 Jones needs to learn how to cover in the Red Zone better than he did there. Another thing, on runs up the middle, your cornerback shouldn't have to make the tackle or you're dealing with 1st and 10s as your opponent marches up the field... wearing down your defense and keeping your offense off the field.

Fox needs to prove himself too. He had the only team that did worse than our 4-12 Broncos.

I was thinking about Quinn coming into the 2nd half. I thought I'd heard that this could be Quinn's last chance to prove himself... and that he did. He got off to a really rough first series. But after that, he showed up. I hope our new coach can do the same during the regular season.

Although these preseason games don't matter for the regular season, it is very important to the individual player that is trying to make the team. The stupid penalties have to stop. Also, the team needs to come together and find a way to play for four quarters. It would have been a nice time for a turnover on one of those last two plays.

Once the Broncos play their in-division rivals, they will have to focus on this turnover battle if they expect to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football