Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 09:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times

Advertisements

I've finally recovered from the shock.

I'm usually pretty vocal as I watch a Bronco game. Yesterday after the game I climbed out of my recliner, walked into the den where my wife was chatting on her computer, and just stood there. In a daze. Where to start?

Unbelievable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:08 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,076,380 times
As a Pats fan, I believe this coming up game will be interesting. New England doesn't do all that well at Mile High, and it could come down to the end. The Broncos have the personnel to get to Brady, which may cause some things to happen in their favor. Looking forward to a good game!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:10 AM

26,204 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Is it Sunday yet?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:46 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,049 times
true, I guess we'll never know what would've happened. I just know I look forward to sundays even more than before! Which already was alot! So glad I got tebow's autograph at the green bay game!!!

QUOTE=Josseppie;22089554]Perhaps but even though he knew how to recruit the talent he did not know how to use them properly. If he was still the coach of the Broncos I don't think Tebow would be utilized the right way for them to be where they are now.[/quote]

Old 12-13-2011, 12:49 PM

417 posts, read 365,542 times
I believe in Tebow.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:53 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,451,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
true, I guess we'll never know what would've happened. I just know I look forward to sundays even more than before! Which already was alot! So glad I got tebow's autograph at the green bay game!!!
Ok I am jealous that is awesome! I already cant wait till this weeks game. I still wish it was a night game but it will be fun in the afternoon. If Denver can get a win this weekend I will predict that they will make it to the AFC championship game.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Ok I am jealous that is awesome! I already cant wait till this weeks game. I still wish it was a night game but it will be fun in the afternoon. If Denver can get a win this weekend I will predict that they will make it to the AFC championship game.
There is no way Denver will beat New England unless our offense scores 35 or more points. People lets not forget that this team has pulled off 6 of the weirdest wins in Bronco History. Other teams stupid mistakes are whats keeping us in the win column. Should we beat NE then Im done doubting, and Ill vote to add him for a next chapter in the bible. Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, Tebow, Romans.....

Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM

417 posts, read 365,542 times
If Tim Tebow wins against the Patriots this weekend, that is all the proof I need that God hates Bill Belechick (sp).

Old 12-13-2011, 02:00 PM

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Looking forward to a good game!
Same here. The Pats have something like the statistical worst defense in the league based on points given up... I believe. But I don't believe the stat as the Pats are #2 in the Power Rankings behind the Packers. The Broncos are now #8. Being that there are 8 conference leaders, it stands to reason that the Broncos would be at the bottom of the list. Of course, some conferences #2 rank higher than others' #1.

I'd like to know, can the Pats run the ball on the Broncos? If so, Brady is going to have a field day. He might have a field day anyway, if he doesn't get pressured. The Pats O-line must be doing pretty well. Let's see how they do against the Broncos' D.

I would rather see the Broncos lose a close game and not get injured than see them eek out another win and lose some key players.

Now, for the "Can the Broncos score enough?" argument... If it should turn into a shootout, let Tebow show what he can do. Look what he... and the defense... came up with against the Vikings and the Raiders. Keep in mind, we are comparing all the points Tebow, the defense, Prater, and the special teams can muster against that Patriot defense. How does the Patriots' defense compare to the Raiders' D or the Vikings' D?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Other teams stupid mistakes are whats keeping us in the win column.
You can't discredit the Broncos' play by saying the other teams lost the games instead of the Broncos winning them. Mistakes happen and are part of the game, even ridiculous ones. The Broncos won their games because they were able to produce when the opponents weren't, and they were able to take advantage of their mistakes. All teams make mistakes, some more than others. It's part of the game.

Marion Barber's two mistakes (fumble and falling out of bounds) were results of phenominal defensive acts. Did you see that strip?!?! Can't remember who did it, but it was an amazing reach with the tips of his fingers. Try watching MB's out of bounds replay. You can see him trying to get down to the ground and the tackler just forces him out as he goes down. These things happen when a stellar defense wails on you for 50 minutes. It's all part of the game. The Bears had PLENTY of opportunity to separate themselves by more than 10, and the Broncos made plenty of mistakes themselves. Two bungles didn't hand the game to the Broncos on a silver platter. They played hard for 4+ quarters and took advantage of the opportunities given to them when it mattered most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football