Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

Rumors on twitter that Peyton is hours from signing with Broncos!! and dad Archie is coming to town tomorrow. How crazy is this??? I'm not sure how I feel about this. Wouldn't Peyton only be a temporary "solution"? I mean, Denver will still need a QB, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
You are so right, Garfunkle. Manning is used to staying upright and clean! But at least he can get rid of the ball quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Manning would never survive with the terrible O-line of the Broncos. He's a pocket passer and needs protection to be efficient. He needs it even more now that one bad hit could send him to the emergency room. An immobile QB behind Denver's line is a recipe for disappointment.

I think the Broncos merely expressed interest and will inquire about him. That's as far as it will go.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
NOt happening...hes coming to either AZ or Miami....probably Miami

Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
Local news says they whined and dined, and hoped they could talk 'im into signing tonight.
Nothing doing. He's still shopping.
He says he wants to play in the AFC, but The birds might be able to sway him.
I just hope he doesn't sell out to the fins.
We'll see come Tuesday.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 PM

26 posts, read 42,029 times
Elway is at oklahoma state smoozing Weeden tonight.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 AM

570 posts, read 581,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I for one am surprised to hear the Broncos are going after Manning. Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree with them getting a new QB as Tebow will not take them anywhere, but I thought for sure Tebow would be starting at least one more year after he lucked into the wins he had last year.

With that said, I have no idea where Manning will go, and it will be fascinating to see.
I agree with you totally.....I THOUGHT THEY HAD A FRANCHISE QB ALREADY!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:08 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Three Denver Broncos players -- linebacker D.J. Williams, defensive tackle Ryan McBean and tight end Virgil Green -- have been suspended multiple games for violating the NFL's policy on performing enhancing substances, the league announced Friday.

McBean and Williams have been suspended without pay for the first six games of the 2012 regular season. Green has been suspended without pay for the team's first four games.

Williams denied any wrongdoing and vowed to defend himself.

"I understand from media reports today that the NFL has announced a suspension based on a specimen that the NFL acknowledges did not contain steroids or any illegal substance," Williams said in a statement. "Instead, the NFL contends that I provided a non-human specimen. I have never failed a test of any kind -- for steroids or illegal substances -- during my eight-year pro career.

"We proved -- conclusively -- at the NFL hearing on this matter that the NFL and its specimen collector wholly failed in their duties to safeguard and process my specimen properly ... We will be vigorously pursuing my rights in the judicial system. My suspension is unjust; the NFL has undermined and corrupted its own steroid policy."

Lawyers for Williams and McBean will file a lawsuit against the NFL early next week, a league source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. The two players are disputing the validity of the claims against them on multiple counts and will seek an injunction. The case will be filed in a district court in Denver.

All three are eligible for the team's offseason and preseason practices and games.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
2012 free agency -- Peyton Manning favors Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, sources say - ESPN

Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Exactly. Manning won't be mentoring Tebow, but he might help him pack.
That's right. If Manning comes in, Tebow goes out... to perhaps the Jags.

So Bronco fans would not have tebowing to worry about anymore and will have to hope Mannings' neck has healed up and is ready to go.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
What if PM does not go to the Broncos and now they are left with a PO'd Tebow, because they even tried?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football