Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I too felt that bringing him here could've been a mistake...
I didn't really want him all that bad either because I was excited that the Broncos were going to take on Tebow as a project. Nothing more exciting to me than developing talent rather than buying it.

However, now that he's here I'm behind him 100%. The guy played for 13 years for the Colts. It will take a while to shake the rust off. I'm sure his form had to change slightly due to decreased flexibility. He's in an entirely new offensive system. Regardless of the freedom he has within that system, its still a large difference. The Broncos line absolutely does NOT offer him the protection he would typically get with the Colts.

Hard to tell whether he'll ever get back to 100%, but we still see streaks of his old brilliance. I think he'll continue to get better. You don't immediately come back from a year off from being one of the greatests athletes in one of the most complex games in the world.

Give him time, he'll only get better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I didn't really want him all that bad either because I was excited that the Broncos were going to take on Tebow as a project. Nothing more exciting to me than developing talent rather than buying it.

However, now that he's here I'm behind him 100%. The guy played for 13 years for the Colts. It will take a while to shake the rust off. I'm sure his form had to change slightly due to decreased flexibility. He's in an entirely new offensive system. Regardless of the freedom he has within that system, its still a large difference. The Broncos line absolutely does NOT offer him the protection he would typically get with the Colts.

Hard to tell whether he'll ever get back to 100%, but we still see streaks of his old brilliance. I think he'll continue to get better. You don't immediately come back from a year off from being one of the greatests athletes in one of the most complex games in the world.

you know, when I was just watching this stuff on TV it was cool when the team was building for a year. However, now that I go to a game now and then, these tickets are expensive, so I expect a good product. The price of the tickets demands it. If its going to be a building season, OK fine, Ill return my tickets..actually I don't know if thats possible.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
If you're talking about the one where Schaub got KTFO, I don't think it was dirty.
You'd be wrong. One game suspension and a $50,000.00 fine, which was not enough. He basically head-butted Shaub and was a wreckless fool.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
The NFL has announced that Bronco linebacker Joe Mays was fined $50,000 and suspended one game as a result of his hit on Houston quarterback Matt Schaub. I imagine this shouldn't surprise a lot of people as the various sports cable shows having been showing this hit over and over and over. Mays has been reported to have called Schaub a couple times apologizing for the incident. That end of things seems to have been settled.

The other end of things involves Denver being short handed regarding the linebackers for Sunday's game with Oakland. Both 104.3 "The Fan" and 102.3 "The Ticket" have reported that there have been tests going on with linebacker Nate Irving who suffered a concussion in Sundays game. So certainly his status for the game is in question. D.J. Williams still has a couple more games to go on his suspension. It now can be stated that it was a good move on the Broncos part to latch on to former Atlanta falcon linebacker Keith Brooking. He's a 14 year veteran and the original thinking was does he have anything left. According to defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, he said Brooking has been coming on. Good thing, they're obviously getting thin at that position.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I know he's still developing a rapport with his receivers, and that he's still probably not 100% healthy, but it does seem pretty clear the Peyton isn't "Peyton" anymore.

he's still got the smarts, but he can't thread the needle like he used to. And you can see it on the field as he gets frustrated with himself sometimes.
Peyton has never had that impressive of an arm, and from some of the passes he has thrown so far make it look like he has come all the way back in that area.

You know what I think the problem is?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post

I hope so but I agree...Elway tried to buy talent. I believe we should have kept Tebow..maybe not being our primary quarterback but damn I miss the fire Tebow brought.

I hope Peyton improves but the way it's looking now he cannot be around for 5 years..2 years tops. He just doesn't have "it"

Old 09-28-2012, 01:59 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Looking ahead to Sunday's game;

It seems that we're developing a pattern here regarding playing against clubs who know us. Atlanta had former Bronco Def. coordinator Mike Nolan. Houston had Gary Kubiak and Wade Philips. And Sunday's game features Raider head coach Dennis Allen, who just last year was the Broncos defensive coordinator. Heh, kinda strange. I don't recall that happening before.

News out of Canton, Ohio has said that three newly named Broncos are on the 2012 list of nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. They are John Lynch, Tom Nalen, and Rod Smith. Still on that list carried over from years past are former Broncos Karl Mecklenburg, Steve Atwater, and Dan Reeves. And of course there are still others who can only get in through the veterans commitee, one of them that comes to mind is Randy Gradishar.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-28-2012 at 04:51 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Very satisfying game overall...

I'll admit to some colorful outburts during the first half ....you know who you are *cough..Demarius Thomas..cough*

Whoever was able to attend the game got their money's worth today.....Decisive win...against the Raiders...perfect weather.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,235,512 times
Back on track, good times..
Next week will be another biggie....

Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Huge win for Denver today. The Raiders suck, but still shouldn't take away from what Denver did on both sides of the ball.

The Peyton critics have been going nuts the last few weeks. Well, they can just shut the hell up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football