Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 02:16 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'd also like to commemorate the Dr. Jekyl Mr. Hyde performance by John Gruden; "Blah Blah Blah Slobber Slobber Slobber Philip Rivers Blah Blah Blah Slobber Slobber Slobber San Diego Chargers... Blah Blah Blah Slobber Slobber Slobber Peyton Manning Blah Blah Blah Slobber Slobber Slobber Denver Broncos."

I'd also like to commemorate Peyton Manning for what he did NOT say in the post game interview; "... and our drunked-up kickoff returner..."

I'd like to commemorate Peyton Manning for acknowledging the secondary. I swear the entire last quarter and the whole next day all I heard from commentators and pundits was: "How Peyton Manning WAS the second half comeback." They barely mentioned Tony Carter or Chris Harris, who each scored on defense and Tony had a fumble recovery and pick, Chris Harris had two picks.

Again, the whole fourth quarter, I barely heard the commentators mention those two. In Peyton's after game interview the first thing he did was credit those guys.

Anyone here listen to "The Fan"? I listened the whole next and day they may have mentioned another Bronco player's name besides Peyton Manning maybe 5 times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Anyone here listen to "The Fan"? I listened the whole next and day they may have mentioned another Bronco player's name besides Peyton Manning maybe 5 times.
every day on the way home from work. I enjoy the show, and Al and D-Mac make me laugh, but yeah, they're definitely two of the biggest homers on that station. And they love them some Peyton.

I agree with you, Peyton played one helluva game, but the Broncos scored 17 points off turnovers in that game.

Typical Peyton Manning, he kept it classy and mentioned the defense immediately.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
Looking ahead at Sunday nights game against New Orleans.

With the Broncos at 3-3, it is a little interesting to see the team/individual stat page in yesterdays paper. The Broncos are second in the AFC in total offense with 384.7 yards and third in the conference in yards given up with 330.5. Peyton Manning leads in quarterback stats. The current line is Denver by 6, down from 6 1/2. Though the Saints are 2-4, they still are going to be a tough opponent. The one thing hurting the Saints this season is their running game, which is averaging 76.2 yards a game, last in the NFC. They are however tops in the NFC in passing with 335.2 yards a game.

Looks like the D.J. Williams news is finally wrapping up. He is eligible to play November 12th. Looks like he'll serve his 30 day house arrest sentence after the season is over, according to what I heard on Sandy Clough's show on 104.3 "The Fan" this morning.

The longer Knoshon Moreno stays inactive, the shorter his chances of being a Bronco next season. Maybe it's just me though. The club has been pretty quiet regarding his status.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,891 times
I'll be at the game cheering on my team. I think it's a totally winnable game for the Broncos!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I'll be at the game cheering on my team. I think it's a totally winnable game for the Broncos!
Nice! I'll be in there with ya! South stands baby!

Mile High make some ****ing noise!!!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
An item that I caught last night on the Post online and also has been discussed with the morning team on 104.3 "The Fan" is the status with Tracy Porter.

And the problem is seizures. He apparently had a seizure a couple days before the Broncos got on the plane to go to San Diego. His symptoms included a racing heartbeat and extreme dizziness. And apparently this has happened before with Porter in the preseason.

For the past several days the Broncos organization has just said that he is ill and wasn't able to play.

I've always had issues with social media and there has been several Bronco talk lines and other NFL message boards and particularly Twitter where the rumors start flying in a derogatory tone. I hope to hell those punks are happy with themselves. The Bronco organization was trying to balance an individuals privacy against the end all appetite of information. What's sad is that Porter is just 26 years old and there is no family history of epilepsy. As of now the Bronco doctors have not cleared him to play-yet. It might be a game time decision. It might be longer.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-26-2012 at 11:22 AM..

Old 10-28-2012, 09:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times
Broncos looking good! Decker, McGahee, Hillman all having good games. Was a bit concerned about Manning's thumb but we're doing ok. Hard to tell whether the decreased passing is a result of the injury or because with this lead, there isn't a good reason to risk long passes.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM

Holy **** man, Broncos look scary. This is the first time they've put an entire 60 minutes together, and they destroyed the Saints. Not that that's saying much, as New Orleans sucks this year. But to hold Brees in check the way they did isn't easy.

And with the rest of their schedule being cake for the most part, I'd say the Broncos are a SERIOUS threat to run away with the AFC West and play for home field advantage.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,883,453 times
Now can we put the debate to rest? More attempts, completions, yards, and touchdowns in 7 starts for Peyton than "Tebow Time" produced in 13 regular season and playoff starts. We're a real team this year, not some stupid high school gimmick.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Well since you had to crawl back onto your soapbox, I think Peyton Manning would have the decency to thank Tim Tebow for lighting a torch under this team last year and motivating these players to have some of the leadership and character you see in them today/tonight.

The Broncos still love Tim Tebow. I could care less about your opinion on the matter.

Go Broncos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football