Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Thank you Denver, for DEMOLISHING the Ravens. As a Skins fan, i HATE the Ravens.

Moreno is a beast...holy crap. Even if McGee is healthy come playoffs, I say just keep rolling with Knowshon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 03:16 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Wow the Ravens are bad.
No, that's just an illusion the Broncos put on the field out there today.

The Ravens were something like 20-2 at home since about 2001 and playing for a win today. They certainly did some things right today but the Broncos had a well balanced attack with some shaky special teams play to make it interesting.

I think the Broncos are now 1-6 against the Ravens on that field. I like the new trend.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:47 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No, that's just an illusion the Broncos put on the field out there today.

The Ravens were something like 20-2 at home since about 2001 and playing for a win today. They certainly did some things right today but the Broncos had a well balanced attack with some shaky special teams play to make it interesting.

I think the Broncos are now 1-6 against the Ravens on that field. I like the new trend.
Yes first win there

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
McGowdog is right. Denver played solid football right off the get go to get an impressive win today. Baltimore has had their way with Denver at their place and once Denver jumped out on top early, they put it into cruise.

The only issue I had was some special teams plays as the Ravens got good return yardage on kickoffs. Punter Britton Colquitt made a touchdown saving tackle on one punt, it was surely going for 6.

Chris Harris, whew what a find HE has turned out to be! If I'm not mistaken his interception for 6 set a club record. And Moreno keeps on keeping on with 118 yards rushing and a touchdown. Magahee will, or should make a return come playoff time but Moreno has come from the depths of hell to play some great football the past several weeks. He now has been showing that #1draft choice talent we thought he had. Early this season I thought the worst. Now? Solid play from Knoshon!

I was looking at the USA Today box score and I was surprised to see them list Denver with just 2 sacks with Flacco, seemed as if it was more. Ironic as they were the last two plays of the game. Still, a great effort from the defense.

Will be watching the Pats/49ers game, Denver needs a win from the 49ers to get a game up for the possible #2 seed for playoff position.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
a pats loss tonight and the Broncos are 2nd seed in the AFC, with the Browns and Chiefs left to play....

Old 12-16-2012, 05:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Moreno has really stepped up. I'll admit I was done with him earlier this season and his jersey languished in the depths of my husband's closet. No more. The jersey can be worn again with no shame.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Thanks SF. Awesome job James (former Oregon Duck). Denver is in a good position right? 2 easy games left. Maybe a home game or two. Don't know exactly how all that math works, but SF helped our math.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
SF sure did. Broncos have an excellent shot at keeping the bye now with two easy games left.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Let's not call them "easy" games. I will call them "winnable" games, however. I've seen too much NFL football over the years to call any game an easy game. However, there is some real consistency about this Broncos team that we have not seen in years. And they will match up well against the Browns and the Chiefs as they close out the regular season, so all signs indicate that the Broncos will be kicking back their heels and relaxing during wild card weekend.

Fun fact: As of yesterday's game, the Broncos have scored a total of 409 points. This ranks this year's team as fourth in franchise history behind the 1998 Broncos (501), the 2000 Broncos (485), the 1997 Broncos (472) and just ahead of the 2005 Broncos (395). I like this historical statistical trivia because it puts this year's team in some good company. In two out of three seasons in which the Broncos score 400+ points in a season they have won the Super Bowl. Time to make it three out of four!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
What a wonderful win! Peyton is simply a marvel to watch, on tv and in person! Being a Bronco fan I didn't pay close attention to Peyton as a Colt. They seemed to always beat us, I knew he was one of the best, and it's thrilling to watch another legend here in Denver! Im happy and excited for the whole team. I hope the playoffs are just as decisive as yesterday's win.
And the Pats losing was just icing on the cake this weekend! On a side note, I love how some media guys are saying the Broncos wins have come against non-winning teams, and yet no one will acknowledge the Pats wins have also been against a relatively weak schedule, and they won't acknowledge the Pats are leaders in a terrible division but always emphasize how weak Denver's division is.
Just my observation!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football