Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times

Advertisements

I have pretty much lost faith in the Cutler situation. He's put his and his parents' homes up for sale, he requested to be traded, etc. all this over the weekend. So, I have a sinking feeling its over.
I wonder if Cutler wanted out of Denver all along??? I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't want a QB playing if he doesn't want to be in Denver? I can't believe he is being such a baby about this. The media may be holding back on things, or blowing it out of proportion, but it doesn't look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
There is something, or somethings going on that the fans are not privy to. Looking back, the reason I said what I did about Cutler is I wanted him to confront the new Bronco management in person. I didn't want this to be a p*s*i*g contest in the media, and the media is lapping this stuff up, that's for sure.

One of the things I was not aware of until this morning that when Chris Sims signed his contract, at the time the contract details were undisclosed. I now understand the contract is for 2 years, at $3 million a season. Not too many backups make that type of jack, though I might be wrong.

We'll see what happens at the team meeting Monday morning. The meeting Friday went over like a ton of ****. I'M HOPING COOLER HEADS PREVAIL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 AM

I'm also starting to think that even though there may be future qb's out there lining up for Cutler's job, I think this paints the Denver management in a negative light. That the team can just want to "trade" you at a moment's notice/behind your back, etc.
any one else feel this way?

*Well, Simms-I'd start getting that arm ready if I were you.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM

He stated that if McD had just called him after the meeting, requesting it be just him and Cutler, then he would have met with him, but McD stated Cutler wanted his agent present at the meeting.
So, which is it? you were willing to meet with coach in private?? or you wanted your agent present?
Grow up already, man! why is Cutler being such a stubborn baby about this? He says his home up for sale was just a coincidence. I find it hard to believe anyone at this point. Coach says one thing, Cutler says another, the media spins it any way they want. (sure would've like to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting!)

If he's not happy now, he won't be happy during the season, and I think some of my prior thoughts may be right, that he just won't be emotionally connected to the team anymore. What a huge let down. I'm really bummed today, and have been on edge about this since the beginning. But now that it is confirmed he wants out of Denver, then IMO, it's over.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:42 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times
How about Cutler to Detroit in exchange for Culpepper and the number 1 pick (a/k/a Matthew Stafford)? Culpepper's skills may have declined, but he's still serviceable for at least a season or 2, and he's still got a cannon for an arm. Stafford could be ready in 2010.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
The Monday morning meeting was at 8am this morning and no Cutler. Lots of coverage in the Denver Post this morning on this. I remember remarking in last nights post that I hope cooler heads would prevail. Apparently not.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,544,627 times
The team--meaning head coach and owner--should have known that if the Cassel trade fell through, that Cutler would be bitter. Well, here we are; no Cassel and a bitter Cutler.

I'm with Cutler on this one. Give him the trade, move forward with a new QB and put the issue to rest.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 AM

719 posts, read 2,617,851 times
Woody Paige's column was dead on in today's Post. This steaming pile of chit rests squarely on Bowlen's shoulders. This organization has imploded, and is the epitome of dysfunctional. I feel like sending my Broncos Country license plates straight to their front office.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:13 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
It doesn't matter whether you think Cutler is a crybaby or not. Cutler is holding all the cards right now.

Good quarterbacks are NOT in abundance right now, especially 25 year old franchise quarterbacks. Culpepper, sounds better than Simms to me, I guess. Is Simms supposed to be a potential franchise QB or a 3 Million a year bench warmer?

This is a mess and it's Josh McDaniels to fix. The Post is saying that he'll "fix" this; or more specifically, "I'll take care of it." Get your lips ready, Josh.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Sockeye is right. Woody Paige's article is right on the money.
The thing about this that REALLY aggravates me is that it has been reported that McDaniels has refused to be interviewed by anyone in the media; talk show hosts, newspapers, tv people, anyone. That is just ridiculous. I remember Sockeye saying last week that one of the positives about Mike Shanahan was he always was good regarding time with the media. Always!

If Josh McDaniels wants to convince the Denver fans that Pat Bowlen made the right choice regarding him being the man for the job, a little openness would be helpful.

Speaking of Mike Shanahan, there was a "Roast" at Invesco Field on Saturday evening honoring Steve Antonopulous, affectionately nicknamed "Greek", who has been the Broncos trainer for over 30 years. Lots and lots of current and former Bronco people were at the event, including Mike Shanahan.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 03-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM

563 posts, read 2,569,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Sockeye is right. Woody Paige's article is right on the money.
The thing about this that REALLY aggravates me is that it has been reported that McDaniels has refused to be interviewed by anyone in the media; talk show hosts, newspapers, tv people, anyone. That is just ridiculous. I remember Sockeye saying last week that one of the positives about Mike Shanahan was he always was good regarding time with the media. Always!

Typical mentality of a Patriots upbringing. They either don't say anything or do not have much to say at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football