Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 PM

349 posts, read 260,530 times

Advertisements

It has taken me several hours, and several glasses of whiskey to come to terms with this....

WHERE WERE THE LONG PASSES????!!!!

It didn't seem to me that the Bronco offense (Manning) ever looked deep.

The Ravens sure did, didn't they.

Hmph!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
yeah, did the Ravens just overprotect downfield or something? because Peyton was checking down to the dump offs all day.

Champ was getting SMOKED....they isolated him 1 on 1 with the young speedster, and it didn't go well.

Broncos got absolutely no pass rush on Flacco, and when they did blitz, it never got there.

Just to be straight up about it, the Broncos got outplayed today, and Peyton's two interceptions were huge. Broncos only scored 21 points on offense, the other 14 came from Trendin Holiday, who had one helluva game.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Surprised to see Champ Bailey get burned so many times. If Flacco was just a hair more accurate, they would have had a few long TD passes to guys Bailey was covering.

Another tough playoff game from Manning.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:23 PM

349 posts, read 260,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
yeah, did the Ravens just overprotect downfield or something? because Peyton was checking down to the dump offs all day.

Champ was getting SMOKED....they isolated him 1 on 1 with the young speedster, and it didn't go well.

Broncos got absolutely no pass rush on Flacco, and when they did blitz, it never got there.

Just to be straight up about it, the Broncos got outplayed today, and Peyton's two interceptions were huge. Broncos only scored 21 points on offense, the other 14 came from Trendin Holiday, who had one helluva game.
Well said.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
I haven't seen a replay but were the Broncos in a prevent defense at the end of regulation? If they were, I'm guessing someone on that defense knows what a prevent defense means, especially with a guy like Flacco who has one of the strongest arms in football. Peyton screwed up but he wasn't the only one.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Again...they look terrible when it counts...Champ Bailey was burned all through the game...they had the game in the bag....all they needed was one more 1st down-and they punted...why would they think the defense would be able to stop Baltimore when they weren't all through the game? Dumb call and Payton said he was the one that made the decision-WTF! You are Payton Manning?! I was never sold on him anyway (sorry but I wasn't)....

Maybe next year....

Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Again...they look terrible when it counts...Champ Bailey was burned all through the game...they had the game in the bag....all they needed was one more 1st down-and they punted...why would they think the defense would be able to stop Baltimore when they weren't all through the game? Dumb call and Payton said he was the one that made the decision-WTF! You are Payton Manning?! I was never sold on him anyway (sorry but I wasn't)....

Maybe next year....
screw next year, do you really wanna watch this guy real off 13 wins just to choke in the playoffs. Also, is Champ Bailey receiving a game check as well as Social security? Im not getting any younger and 1997 is getting father and father away. John Elway looks like an old man back there. Hope you guys have more than one NFL team to root for, because as long as it gets cold in the wintertime, PM isn't going to get you to a Superbowl.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,709 times
Put aside Peyton's bad pass for second...because personally I think its a sh1t happens event...bound to happen eventually especially over the course of a long game.

My point: 35 points is enough to win games. I feel the special teams and the offense did enough. I feel your second ranked defense fell flat. No adjustments to Champ getting steamrolled and that safety...that guy should be cut today. The big plays simply reared its ugly head "too many" times. I am a huge Niners fan, remember last year's painful exit, where one guy kept dropping kicks/punts...still fires me up! Sadly, one or two guys and plays can erase a good team effort. I think that's what happened.

I am confident the Broncos will be back next year. Good luck!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
That might have been one of the worst defensive plays in the history of the playoffs. They were breaking it down last night and it was just a mess.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
That might have been one of the worst defensive plays in the history of the playoffs. They were breaking it down last night and it was just a mess.
The EXACT same thing happened when the panthers played in atl earlier this season. Total breakdown by the safety w like a minute left to give the game away...

On a positive note your kickoff return guy was freakin amazing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football