Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 AM

532 posts, read 1,562,115 times

Advertisements

One thing that should be positive is a more precise offence. The bronco's offence last year got alot of yards, but wasn't really scoring well. It was also pretty sporadic and unpolished. They would either score in a couple of plays, turn the ball over, or get a quick 3 and out. With what style im predicting out of mcdaniels, we should be able to actually use our weapons on offence to dominate the defence and kill clock, while still putting points on the board. If Mcdaniels system gets instituted well enough maybe enough pressure will be taken off the defence for them to improve. I noticed they seemed to do well early in the game, until constant 3 and outs and turnovers by the bronco's offence finally put too much on them. Hopefully switching to a more strategic system will help the team as a whole. We still need a consistent pass rush for all those weapons on the secondary to shine though. From the draft we solidified our run defence a bit, if the kid pans out. We also got some 350 lb dude off free agency as well, we'll see what happens with him. Who do you think would work best in a ball control offence? Orton or Sims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,957,195 times
Another Bronco fan here checking in. Very excited for this upcoming season with McDaniels running the show. My early prediction is 10-6 and taking the division.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,205,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Another Bronco fan here checking in. Very excited for this upcoming season with McDaniels running the show. My early prediction is 10-6 and taking the division.
Hello and welcome.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 PM

17,876 posts, read 27,269,911 times
Well that would be nice. I hear that running back may not be too shabby.

Any thoughts on the draft overall and how the defense is coming along?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz View Post
Hello and welcome.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well that would be nice. I hear that running back may not be too shabby.

Any thoughts on the draft overall and how the defense is coming along?
- Loved the draft. Both of our first round picks should be studs and Quinn will let us run some 3 tight end sets down on the goal line. I wasn't too happy about the value we gave up to get Alphonso Smith, but the coaching staff felt he would be a better pick than anyone in next year's very weak draft class and we are very thin at cornerback, so I think it was the right move.

Overall, we went and drafted some very solid football players who will fit the system we're trying to run and are, by all accounts, good people.

- I'm very excited for the defense. Just the simple act of replacing Slowik will be a vast improvement, as is replacing the aging vets who STILL haven't found jobs with out teams.

On the flip side, we have a very talented and proven DC in Nolan, and excellent position coaches. That's much better than the last few years when we trotted out crap coaches like Slowik, Jacob Burney and Bill Johnson along with players who were either too old or shouldn't have been starting at all.

I'm expecting us to rank about 15-20 in overall defense. We probably won't put up nearly as many yards on offense, but we'll score alot more points (especially in the redzone) and have less turnovers.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM

3,970 posts, read 7,666,158 times
I really hope you're right, "Bosco". I am starting to feel hopeful. I'm also looking forward to the season, more so than in recent years, only because of the radical changes that have taken place!! I actually have butterflies in my stomach about it!!!
Let's have a great season & kick some a**!!!!!

Quote:

Old 06-02-2009, 03:52 PM

Fox 31 in Denver has just come out and said that Brandon Marshall will NOT face a suspension for his recent arrest. This is great news for our offense.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:56 PM

3,970 posts, read 7,666,158 times
that's awesome news!!!

Quote:
Fox 31 in Denver has just come out and said that Brandon Marshall will NOT face a suspension for his recent arrest. This is great news for our offense.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 PM

17,876 posts, read 27,269,911 times
Default See ya Brandon Marshall!

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!!!!

You suck Brandon, we hate you, have a lousy rest of your pathetic career!

Dime a dozen, those rcvrs with the dropsies and a knack for off-the-field drama. Royal has way more skills and character anyway.

I'm quite sure the Bronco's offense just got a tad better and a bit richer.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 AM

18,139 posts, read 25,671,871 times
I don't know just what it is about wide receivers and their attitudes, their behaviors. Players like Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Plaxico Burress, Donte Stallworth. Maybe these players are all Brandon Marshall's role models, I don't know, This is an idiotic event in another off season of idiotic events. Another standoff between management and player.

I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football