Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The infuriating thing about this game is that is NOT what happened. Denver played arguably the sloppiest game in NFL post season history.

I would have no trouble accepting the outcome if we had actually lost to the better team. As it was, our team came out unprepared, lifeless, and inept. The only unit that came out with fire was our defense, and with the exception of a couple errors they played almost as well as their supposedly far superior Seattle counterparts.

Pitiful game.
Saying Seattle was not the better team tonight is a bit laughable. Denver came out and was pushed around by a better team; Denver's performance has to be one of, if not the biggest let down in Super Bowl history.

Seattle scored on offense, defense and special teams all before Denver even got into the end zone. They also forced 4 turnovers and also forced Denver to go 0-3 on 4th down conversions and 6-13 on 3rd down conversions tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:05 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
I wouldnt build the Bronco's offense. I think the management needs to seriously strengthen the offensive line, make it match up to Carolina and San Francisco. Then also, very important, get a shutdown defense. Peyton has single-handedly covered up their inadequacy. The dead giveaway was when analysts talked about the D, they'd throw out a NAME. A good player is no substitute for a good UNIT. It's a team within a team. If the managers and coaches are any good, they should be able to knit together a cohesive unit where everyone plays for each other.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Saying Seattle was not the better team tonight is a bit laughable.
Point out where I said that. I'll wait patiently.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:09 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
The infuriating thing about this game is that is NOT what happened. Denver played arguably the sloppiest game in NFL post season history.

I would have no trouble accepting the outcome if we had actually lost to the better team. As it was, our team came out unprepared, lifeless, and inept. The only unit that came out with fire was our defense, and with the exception of a couple errors they played almost as well as their supposedly far superior Seattle counterparts.

Pitiful game.
See bolded.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
I wouldnt build the Bronco's offense. I think the management needs to seriously strengthen the offensive line, make it match up to Carolina and San Francisco.
Our offense line was great considering we were down to a 3rd string center and without the best LT in the game. Getting healthy will cure that.

We also had a few horrible mental protection breakdowns (like Orlando Franklin letting the DE come through on touched) that is not par for the course for us.

Quote:
Then also, very important, get a shutdown defense. Peyton has single-handedly covered up their inadequacy. The dead giveaway was when analysts talked about the D, they'd throw out a NAME. A good player is no substitute for a good UNIT. It's a team within a team. If the managers and coaches are any good, they should be able to knit together a cohesive unit where everyone plays for each other.
Our defense was elite in 2012 and played great down the stretch this year. Again, getting back our injured players (Miller, Wolfe...etc) will help. The only glaring weakness we have is at MLB.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
See bolded.
That didn't say what you said I said.

Try again.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:55 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
First there was the curse of the "Babino"...Now feel the curse of the "Tebow"...********* John Elway...
I was thinking the same thing when the score was 15-0! Then look at the final score. 43+8=51. 51 reversed =15! Coincidence or hidden message?

Old 02-02-2014, 10:44 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
Elway wasn't as good in staffing as he was in bringing a team back. As for injuries, they were the talk of every week of the season. I think there comes a time when you have to throw away that crutch. Your backups are the ultimate test of how strong your team is. Seattle compiled a league best record with backups in key positions. Denver won games like the playoff against the Patriots with backups. You just can't put that bandaid on a major wound and settle the issue. Adrian Peterson got injured and Cordarelle Patterson stepped up and became a playmaker, remember? Other teams lost their centers, offensive left tackles. A great team doesn't make excuses, it makes hard changes.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:50 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
some teams have never made it to the superbowl, at least the broncos made it there....
this game reminded me of the patriots perfect season a few yrs back, just to get beat by the giants in the superbowl..

the seahawks were hungry, they would have beat anyone tonight,
sometimes seasoned teams lose their edge, there hunger, get caught in the hype.

on any other given day, it would have been much closer...

manning had a bad day, as do all qb's. its one game..

in baseball, basketball, they play more than one game in the finals, maybe for the superbowl, they go best 2 out of three games

sunday game, thursday game, sunday game , all in one week

Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Our offense line was great considering we were down to a 3rd string center and without the best LT in the game. Getting healthy will cure that.

We also had a few horrible mental protection breakdowns (like Orlando Franklin letting the DE come through on touched) that is not par for the course for us.

Our defense was elite in 2012 and played great down the stretch this year. Again, getting back our injured players (Miller, Wolfe...etc) will help. The only glaring weakness we have is at MLB.
So what he is saying is this loss was a moral victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football