Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 04:17 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times

Advertisements

What will it take to get back to where they were with Elvis Dumervill and Von Miller. Every postgame discussion always featured those two. The AFC equivalent of the Smiths at SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 04:20 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
What will it take to get back to where they were with Elvis Dumervill and Von Miller. Every postgame discussion always featured those two. The AFC equivalent of the Smiths at SF.
Look for Quanterous Smith to make a big leap in year 2, a la Malik Jackson. He's incredibly talented but needed a year to learn NFL schemes and conditioning.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Sounds GREAT! Miller-Dumerville were a definite strength.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Sounds GREAT! Miller-Dumerville were a definite strength.
I think next year we will have at least a triple threat as opposed to the dual threat those guys provided, with the draft and free agency, we could end up with the best offense AND best defense next year!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:00 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'd happily take Chris Borland at MLB, and even Mike Mayock (my favorite analyst) projected him as a potential pick.
I like Borland as well, and he seems like a good use of an early pick. If you can't tell, I would like to use the off-season to make our defense into a straight up nightmare for opposing QB's, ha ha.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I think next year we will have at least a triple threat as opposed to the dual threat those guys provided, with the draft and free agency, we could end up with the best offense AND best defense next year!
You certainly have very high hopes. That's what 'tween seasons are about. Everything is possible till the first regular game of the season.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
ya know, I live here in Denver, and I'm a Broncos fan and everything, but listening to local radio this morning (104.3 The Fan) really opened my eyes.

The Broncos are not a really good team. They're a super powered offense with Peyton, who makes his receivers better than they are. Knoshon Moreno is only effective because the passing game is such a threat. Broncos defense is pretty bad. Outside Matt Prater, their special teams is anything but special.

This team needs some nasty defensive players, like Seattle has. I hope they sign that guy from the Browns that was visiting yesterday. They need some work in the secondary as well.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:21 AM

Peyton is back, being cleared by medical professionals. But it is not clear who else will. A shakey defense could lose a couple of players. A big answer will come when the key people who protect Peyton are assured as players for this team this season. To improve, of course, they need upgrade at some defensive positions. They just aren't good enough to give up 43 points.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:42 PM

346 posts, read 482,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
ya know, I live here in Denver, and I'm a Broncos fan and everything, but listening to local radio this morning (104.3 The Fan) really opened my eyes.

The Broncos are not a really good team. They're a super powered offense with Peyton, who makes his receivers better than they are. Knoshon Moreno is only effective because the passing game is such a threat. Broncos defense is pretty bad. Outside Matt Prater, their special teams is anything but special.

This team needs some nasty defensive players, like Seattle has. I hope they sign that guy from the Browns that was visiting yesterday. They need some work in the secondary as well.

I have this dreadful feeling that the Broncos and PFM's Super Bowl aspiration window is beginning to close. Their best shot was actually 2 years ago, when they had a healthy, adequate defense. Signing MLB D'Quell Jackson would really help, but if he has to choose between Denver and Indy, I'm betting he goes with Indy. I heard he even practiced with them today.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:57 PM

Maybe Denver can poach from Arizona or Carolina where there are more defensive talents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football