Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 09:36 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Bold Prediction: I think Peyton and company, having a week off, are able to figure things out on offense, and Denver shocks the world (Broncos are underdogs) and beat Rodgers easily by 14+.
Now THAT is bold. Personally I'm pretty worried about this game but I will be rocking my colors all weekend and waiting on the couch, beer in hand, for kickoff Sunday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
As much hype as the Packers defense has been getting this year (I admit they've been pretty solid overall), they got shredded for over 500 passing yards two weeks ago against Rivers. Now granted, much of that was 4th quarter garbage time...but they can be had through the air.

Rodgers has not seen a defense like this all season, and quite honestly, could be one of the best defenses he's ever seen. Not only does the front 7 get after that ass, but the LBs are good against the run, and the secondary is top 5 in the league. Wade Phillips has basically taken the same D from last year (personnel wise) and created a monster. I love Rodgers, I think he's a great QB and I'm a big fan. But I like the Broncos even more, and I want Aaron's head on a platter. I was 6+ sacks and I want to see Rodgers running for his life all night.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Most are picking the Packers to win this game and a lot of the reasoning behind it is that the Broncos haven't played a quality team. The funny thing about it is the Broncos have played and beat the 4-2 Vikings as well as the 3-3 Raiders. The Packers best opponent by record so far is the Rams, also at 3-3.

Look, I definitely think the Packers can win this game, but the reasoning most people cite behind picking the Packers is flawed. If the Broncos strength of schedule means they're a poser then the Packers SoS means they're posers too.

The Broncos defense is definitely their bid for success in this game. Their scoring defense is #2 to the Packers, but if you control for points scored against the offense, the Broncos points against drops to 13.5 PPG, #1 by more than a FG per game. Point tallies on the Broncos defense: Ravens 6, Chiefs 17, Lions 12, Vikings 20, Raiders 10, Browns 16. That's pretty stellar. To play 6 opponents and allow just one to reach 20 points offensively is impressive. The Ravens, Chiefs, and Browns have prettied up their bottom line with defensive scores off of Manning pick-6s. Thankfully the Broncos returned the favor with defensive scores of their own against each of those teams as well as one against the Raiders. This defense is insane.

I expect the offense to look a little better coming out of the bye, but the defense is what is going to win this game once again.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:22 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
There'll be an extended halftime for Sunday nights game as Pat Bowlen will be inducted into the Broncos Ring Of Fame. Lots of players will be introduced, according to DMac and Alfred Williams on 104.3 "The Fan" the '97 and '98 squad will be introduced in its entirety And of course, some 20 Ring Of Fame people will be introduced as well. As most Bronco fans know, Mr. Bowlen is been suffering from Alzheimers Disease.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:41 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,642 times
Well, now. I guess we can say who has the best D in that game. And the O is beginning to click.
Outrageous!!
Our son in Milwaukee sent me a text this evening, "So, you gonna watch the Donkeys get beat, tonight?"
My answer, "Nope."

Love it when a plan comes together.

The O-line is starting to get it, and they opened up some good routes. With a running game, Peyton had time to get in his groove.
Amazing game. Two of the top passing QBs in the league, and nary a passing TD. Whodathunkit?

Old 11-01-2015, 09:46 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
The Broncos were the worst 6-0 team in the history of the game. They are now the worst 7-0 team in the history of the game.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:19 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Broncos were the worst 6-0 team in the history of the game. They are now the worst 7-0 team in the history of the game.

If they keep this trend up, they could end up being the worst Superbowl winners in the history of the game.
I could live with that.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:39 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Great game! I was not expecting a blowout like this! Plus announcing the 97 football team was a nice start and it was nice to see Pat Bowlin inducted in the hall of fame. All and all a great night in Denver!

Old 11-02-2015, 04:21 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Watching last nights game on it's own, without judging how good or bad a 6-0 team the Broncos were coming in, I'd say that was a complete annihilation of another powerhouse team.

Although Manning didn't throw a TD, the offense moved fairly easily. And that defense was just buzzing and swarming all game. It was very impressive. The Broncos basically trashed the first of the undefeated teams to come to their house.

I'm hoping to see the Pats come in still undefeated and the Broncos the same. On the surface one would think if that "D" got to a mobile Rodgers so easily and messed up his game, how easy picking will it be fore them with Brady? We shall see.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:35 AM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
I saw most of this game and I am a Peyton Manning fan for the most part. He did well and better than I expected. He drove his team downfield and the running game preformed well.

That Broncos D is super scary. Wade Phillips is a much better D coordinator than a headcoach. That Broncos and Patriots game will probably be a great one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football