Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM

8,602 posts, read 14,823,764 times

Advertisements

Well for Peyton's sake I hope we're not 1-and-done for the 10th time in his career because the odds of him being a Bronco next year are slim to none. John Elway is smart enough not to commit $14 million to a 40 year old quarterback who's coming off the worst season of his career. He's got more important players like Von Miller, Brock Osweiler, and Derek Wolfe to lock up.

Unless he's willing to play for 1 or 2 million a year Manning's going to join Ryan Clady and DeMarcus Ware on the unemployment line.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 01-03-2016 at 09:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:23 PM

203 posts, read 198,605 times
Woo HOO! Was not terribly excited about the first half or when Manning stepped in (I'm a Broncos fan long before a Manning sycophant), but a win is a win, I left a south St. Louis bar gleaming at a bunch of po'ed KC fans (average waist size 49, the BBQ and cheap beer were flowing!).
GO BRONCOS!!!

Old 01-03-2016, 08:41 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,999,232 times
He won't be unemployed. Nationwide is on his side.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:27 AM

17,945 posts, read 27,377,476 times
Without Peyton F-ing Manning coming back into the game last night, the Broncos get their asses beat by the Chargers, travel to Houston next week, and get One-and-Done'd by the Houston Texans.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:15 PM

18,196 posts, read 25,766,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Well for Peyton's sake I hope we're not 1-and-done for the 10th time in his career because the odds of him being a Bronco next year are slim to none. John Elway is smart enough not to commit $14 million to a 40 year old quarterback who's coming off the worst season of his career. He's got more important players like Von Miller, Brock Osweiler, and Derek Wolfe to lock up.

Unless he's willing to play for 1 or 2 million a year Manning's going to join Ryan Clady and DeMarcus Ware on the unemployment line.
Yes, the O-line. Bluescreen73 brings good points here. Two out of the last three seasons Clady is injured and out for the season-this year in an OTA. A couple years ago early in the season--same thing. Will he be re-signed? I would be surprised, maybe he will though. He's a 3 time pro bowler. But the money? Oi!!

The O-line has come under some criticism, for sure. But all of a sudden a guy who was signed a few months ago is making the most out of a second chance.

Tyler Polumbus was a Denver Bronco, signed in 2008. Went to Cherry Creek High School and then Colorado University. After his third year with Denver he signed with Detroit, then played for Seattle and Washington. Denver signed him after the Redskins released him at seasons beginning. Polumbus was inserted into right tackle and had a solid game and the stats show it. Ronnie Hillman had 15 carries for 117 yards, C.J. Anderson came in with 15 carries for 98 yards. The O-line has struggled and a half--losing Clady to injury, losing Orlando Franklin to free agency, having to re-sign Ryan Harris, and losing another local guy who played at CSU and was signed by the Broncos this year--Ty Sambrailo He went out earlier this season-knee injury.

Polumbus has gotten a second chance and is making the most of his opportunity.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:54 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,962,891 times
In case anyone has forgotten, the Broncos defied a lot of expectations this year by winning the AFC West. Prior to the season at least half the media analysts had picked the Chiefs to win the division. So much so that a few of my co-workers were gleefully pointing this out to me in the last few days before the season commenced. Out of many who picked the Chiefs, a good number of them had the Broncos at 8-8 or 9-7 and out of the playoffs, while others had them at 10-6 and a WC team losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Instead the Broncos, despite a complete team overhaul on the coaching staff, offense, and defense, (this type of reboot is often a recipe for disaster in the NFL) finished 12-4 and for the 5th straight year won the division and reached the divisional round of the playoffs.

It's hard to know what to expect in the playoffs. No outcome surprises me in the NFL. The Broncos can come out flat and go one-n-done or go into the Super Bowl against a heavily favored opponent and emerge victorious. One thing that cannot be debated: It's a heck of a lot more fun to be watching this team right now than it was 2006-2010!

Old 01-06-2016, 07:19 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,950,188 times
We have home field and may get to the Super Bowl. This team has not played, or been coached, like a legitimate Super Bowl team. We played hard and smart for four quarters a couple times. I might call this team The Miracle with a good defense. But a good defense and home field can get one almost anywhere.

Still wouldn't be surprised to see us go one and done. We almost lost to one of the worst teams in the league, at home, in perfect weather, when everything was on the line.

They will surprise us....either good or bad....they will surprise us.

The best teams may be KC and Seattle. Good luck winning three away games. I do not want to play Seattle again.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,263,213 times
So do Denver fans believe starting Peyton in the divisional round is the correct move?

We all know his history, but he played terrible this year. Do you think Brock going 4-2 in Peyton's absence still didn't make him ready for prime time?

Old 01-07-2016, 10:29 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,127,107 times
Brock (along with the rest of the team, of course) has struggled with putting 4 good quarters together in 1 game.

Too bad Quarterback by Committee isn't a viable option in the real world.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:26 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,835,923 times
My opinion is Peyton should start. The media has really really tried to drum up a QB controversy where there was none. Kubiak has always said that Peyton is the starter and his availability is purely dependent on his health.

The reason why Peyton was "benched" last week for the first half was that he was not 100% yet but could play if Brock went down. Benching Brock in the third quarter wasn't about poor play, it was about sparking the offense. Peyton didn't put up big numbers but his ability to read the defense and make adjustments at the line proved valuable. The energy in the stadium was palpable when he stepped onto the field and that translated into successful scoring drives.

I think Brock has made a case for being a quality starter in the league next year. I really hope it's in Denver. Consistency will come with game experience. He has shown flashes of brilliance and never put up what I would consider a "bad" performance. If Manning retires after this year, the Broncos would be foolish not to give Brock a contract. Imagine what he could do with a quality offensive line and decent play calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football