Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 04:43 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
So proud that the Broncos won and deflated Tom Brady's ego; confused and deflated; thank you, thank you!!

Really, the Broncos are the best!!!! You got my heart started again!!
You did pop on over to the Pats thread, so I'll reciprocate.

As I previously said, it was a great win by the Broncos. The defense won the game.

Just a shame with your words how you lower yourself. Just needed to toss in some garbage words instead of enjoy the victory as a true fan.

Good luck Broncos. Cam and the Panthers are tough, and Cam is not as easy as Tom to keep in check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 05:05 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Congrats to the Broncos. You guys (somewhat like the Panthers!) have had a ton of detractors. I fully admit when the playoffs started that the Broncos wouldn't be going.

Being a #1 seed and home field in both conferences has helped!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:59 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Congrats to the Broncos. You guys (somewhat like the Panthers!) have had a ton of detractors. I fully admit when the playoffs started that the Broncos wouldn't be going.

Being a #1 seed and home field in both conferences has helped!
This makes 3 years in a row the #1 seed from each conference has reached the Super Bowl. It's always great when some team goes 10-6 and reaches the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and then wrecks shop once they get there. I love that in the NFL any team can take it all the way. But I also like these heavy weight bouts we've seen the past few years.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:00 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Man, I've never seen Brady so harrassed. It's a wonder he did as well as he did. I hope to see if they can do the same to Cam and observe how he adjusts to it. Is the Panthers' OL better than the Pats' line?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:12 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Man, I've never seen Brady so harrassed. It's a wonder he did as well as he did. I hope to see if they can do the same to Cam and observe how he adjusts to it. Is the Panthers' OL better than the Pats' line?
Yeah, quite a bit better in fact. It's going to be really interesting to see how the Broncos and Wade Philips try to game plan for that offense. My early guess is they play man against the WRs and load up against the run, including a spy on Newton. The Broncos secondary is good enough to do this, so long as we can keep our safeties healthy through the game. That Panthers running game is obscene though, and with Newton's ability to scramble and pick up big gains on the ground it's a legitimate duel threat offense.

On the other side of the ball, the Panthers defense is at first glance pretty similar to the Patriots. They have a pretty solid pass rush and are pretty stout across the board, but not unbeatable. I felt like the Broncos were too conservative in the second half with their play calling against the Patriots, but at the same time know if the Broncos can force the Panthers into a dogfight the Broncos offense can and will deliver when it needs to most.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:38 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Congrats to the Denver Broncos & Peyton Manning! Great game!

Old 01-25-2016, 07:47 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Surprised a bit, shocked not in the least.

I guess all the EXPERTS I heard on TV and Radio were WRONG.. I guess that is why they play the game!

Old 01-25-2016, 07:58 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,964,604 times
Wade Phillips and the defense deserve almost all of the credit for our trip to the Super Bowl. Since defense wins championships, we have a truly legitimate chance.

The offense, once again, was pretty weak. Our touchdowns were largely scored courtesy of great field position delivered by defensive interceptions. The Patriots scores were largely due to a truly stupid backward pass and a quarterback who became fond of running the wrong direction in the second half.

Both teams deserve a dunce cap for insisting on running the football when 90% of the runs got stuffed for less than two yards. Go back and review the three and outs. They include anemic runs for either negative or close to zero yards.

Why do we keep putting Manning under center? He is 39, lame, and has never had to do that. It is a bit too late to start insisting on new tricks from a very old dog.

My report card:
Wade Phillips: A+
Defense: A+
Peyton Manning: C-
Offense: C
Gary Kubiak: C-
Special Teams: B
McManus/kicker: A+

This defense will keep us in the game if the offense doesn't hand the game over. It is a very good thing that defense wins championships. This offense is, once again, offensive.

My thanks to Wade Phillips, the defense, and the Dolphins.....who gave us the keys to another Super Bowl appearance.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:39 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You did pop on over to the Pats thread, so I'll reciprocate.

As I previously said, it was a great win by the Broncos. The defense won the game.

Just a shame with your words how you lower yourself. Just needed to toss in some garbage words instead of enjoy the victory as a true fan..
Oh don't worry about the one-hit-wonders up in here now Metal.

Believe you me, the traffic up in here over the last 23 months or so was just a few regulars with a few experts chiming in to tell us all how Peyton Manning is done and needs to retire a season ago.

Surely we can tell Broncos fans from Patriots h8rz up in here.

Broncos are 4.5 point dogs. Hoping for a SB miracle here. Can defense really win a championship? Can Manning get up for one more game with these guys behind him? We'll worry about that in 13 days. In the meantime, what a game that last one was. Hope it was a stepping-stone for this next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Wade Phillips and the defense deserve almost all of the credit for our trip to the Super Bowl. Since defense wins championships, we have a truly legitimate chance.

The offense, once again, was pretty weak. Our touchdowns were largely scored courtesy of great field position delivered by defensive interceptions. The Patriots scores were largely due to a truly stupid backward pass and a quarterback who became fond of running the wrong direction in the second half.

Both teams deserve a dunce cap for insisting on running the football when 90% of the runs got stuffed for less than two yards. Go back and review the three and outs. They include anemic runs for either negative or close to zero yards.

Why do we keep putting Manning under center? He is 39, lame, and has never had to do that. It is a bit too late to start insisting on new tricks from a very old dog.

My report card:
Wade Phillips: A+
Defense: A+
Peyton Manning: C-
Offense: C
Gary Kubiak: C-
Special Teams: B
McManus/kicker: A+

This defense will keep us in the game if the offense doesn't hand the game over. It is a very good thing that defense wins championships. This offense is, once again, offensive.

My thanks to Wade Phillips, the defense, and the Dolphins.....who gave us the keys to another Super Bowl appearance.
I disagree with all of this, but then again, you're just a Bronco-newbie. You don't seem to understand the team that well, are to prone to engulf your feelings in media hype.

Manning did a lot better than he will get credit for. He managed to get two touchdowns where against the Steelers, he settled for field goals. He threw no interceptions, had no fumbles, and no turtle-ups. He ran for a freaking 1st down and went head first, and didn't take a dangerous shot.

Put it on Kubiac and Rick Dennison for the dismal 2nd half... but it worked so, there ya go.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-25-2016 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-25-2016, 09:01 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Wade Phillips humiliated Tom Brady yesterday. It was beautiful to watch. Tom was scared all day and had happy feet to show for it.

Hitting Cam's big ass won't have the same effect as hitting Brady did, because he's built to take punishment. However, if Wade can confuse Newton and force some mistakes...Denver has a shot.

Peyton really needs to have a good game though, as that Carolina defense will pick him off all day if he doesn't make accurate throws. At this point in his career, Peyton is just a game manager, which is okay. But he can't miss big throws like he did yesterday, missing two touchdown throws.

I really hope Denver can pull it off, but it's gonna be tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football