Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM

532 posts, read 1,565,168 times

Advertisements

Yea the offense was pathetic, and I think Cinci had at least 9 dropped balls. Cincy lost the game more than we won it. During the first half, until that last drive we had maybe 8 minutes of possession, were running it ok, but not extensively enough in my opinion. I think we had a first down on our first possession, then none until the last. Cincy executed whatever play they wanted, but their mistakes kept them back, we were getting into the backfield good against the rush, but were manhandled the rest of the time against the pass. Every blits would get picked up, weren't really getting much pressure, we did have 3 sacks though. Orton seemed to go down easy, didn't really take more than maybe 1 real shot though. Doesn't seem to have good balance. I'll take a win though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 04:36 PM

What do you guys think about the Cleveland game?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,490,838 times
Broncos 27 Turds 14

Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,221,843 times
I don't know but I have a feeling it will be another close one.

Then again the Brownies might score zero.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 AM

18,196 posts, read 25,766,239 times
I'm going with Broncos 20, Cleveland 13. We are not going to set the world on fire, but I think our D will hang tough till the end, like last game. Hopefully D coordinator mike Nolan will have a few new schemes for the defense to throw at Quinn. We need production out of the offense, all of us are counting our lucky stars after that pass, but we have to get back to biz on the running game. Getting a healthy Moreno would help.

Halftime Shannon Sharpe goes into the ring of fame, it will be intersting to catch his speech. The Broncos won't be doing the throwback unis till Oct. 11th, for you newer fans, get ready for uniform shock, I'm so old I saw one of those games with those uni's! All I can say was they done the right thing by burning them!

Will weigh in on Monday p.m.!

Old 09-20-2009, 03:57 PM

17,944 posts, read 27,377,476 times
Ok, Prater sucks again.

Add: I just hate fieldgoals in general. Better get to liking them though... if our D holds up.

PSS: Gaffney! Good to see someone besides Marshall and (choke...cough cough) Royal get a good catch.

Prater. Prater, your new name is scapegoat. If we lose, it's on you baby.

Touchdown Hillis. Now... let's really put this away.

Bronco Cheerleaders just are not funky. They look like they're wearing Big R brand Depends.

PSSS: Oh, and most importantly, the Broncos Defense IS for real.

PSSS: Dumerville! 3 sacks! I'm behind on time here... but The Broncos' are gonna get another one! Buckholder! 45 yards!

Oh no! 4 sacks for Dume!

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-20-2009 at 05:01 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Ok, Prater sucks again.

Add: I just hate fieldgoals in general. Better get to liking them though... if our D holds up.

PSS: Gaffney! Good to see someone besides Marshall and (choke...cough cough) Royal get a good catch.

Prater. Prater, your new name is scapegoat. If we lose, it's on you baby.

Touchdown Hillis. Now... let's really put this away.

Bronco Cheerleaders just are not funky. They look like they're wearing Big R brand Depends.

PSSS: Oh, and most importantly, the Broncos Defense IS for real.

PSSS: Dumerville! 3 sacks! I'm behind on time here... but The Broncos' are gonna get another one! Buckholder! 45 yards!

Oh no! 4 sacks for Dume!
Yea thats a shame we missed those two fg. Wind was gusting pretty strong though, and the effect the wind has changes throughout the kicks trajectory, first 20 yards straight, then the speed wears off a little, turns into a 2 seamer, then turns into a curveball.

As for the game, I'm glad the defence showed that it is for real, at least against teams like the browns (worst passing offence in the league) and the Bungles. Bottom line though they're finding a way to get it done, hopefully they'lll continue to improve throughout the year.

As for the offence. I know we put up a good number of points, and beat cleveland on the ground and air, but the offence didn't seem that potent to me. I play defence in every sport I play so maybe I'm biased haha. But, in the first half the browns beat us out in time of possession, and we weren't really capitalizing, nobody seemed to get open, and when they were, it was a bad throw. I don't think I've even seen a quarterback get 20+ seconds of no pressure at all in the pocket on three straight downs and not be able to complete a pass. That's almost 7 seconds per down (I think i'm talking ~6 minutes to go in either the 2nd or 3rd quarter). Ended up throwing it in the dirt or through the hands of a defender on all 3 too.

I was glad to see the running game get implemented finally. Same goes for CU finally NOT getting blown out by a worse team. We didnt' seem to run good until late though. The first half would be trying to cut through a hole and getting pancaked by the whole defensive line after 2 yards. Later on we got more effective, might have worn the d down a bit.

I think we played better than against the Bengals, but have a long way to go. Remember, this first string of games are pretty much mandatory wins if we don't want a pathetic record at the end of the year.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:31 PM

17,944 posts, read 27,377,476 times
PSSSS: Boom! Thank you Ray Lewis!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:38 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,783,006 times
The Bronco D sure has looked good so far. I like Elvis Dumervil, he is one of my favorite players.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
We are 2-0. I didn't expect this but I'll take it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football