Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 07:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

The Broncos didn't pick up Okung's option. This has me wondering if a trade involving Siemian, Joe Thomas of the Browns, some draft picks and maybe a third party is in the works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 03:01 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Joe Thomas is old. Get one in FA or draft

Offensive/defensive linemen performance declines quickly when they pass their peak.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Joe Thomas is old. Get one in FA or draft

Offensive/defensive linemen performance declines quickly when they pass their peak.
Whitworth from the Bengals is an FA and he'll definitely get a look. He's a couple years older than JT but he's a solid option. The beauty here is the team wouldn't have to sacrifice draft capital or players to bring him in. The other thing to consider is this year's draft isn't exactly deep at LT/RT talent, so drafting a player and expecting him to step in and not get our QB killed my be a bit optimistic. I'm all for drafting all along the OL, but I think it's going to take a trade or FA acquisition to address that LT spot.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:08 PM

The Broncos will have 4 compensatory picks in this year's draft: a 3rd, 5th and two 7th round picks. This is apparently short compensation for the FA losses last year but it'll have to work. The good news is this year the compensatory picks can be traded and the team already has a lot of draft capital. I'm telling you...that trade for JT is coming!

Old 03-05-2017, 07:09 AM

Rumors circulating now that the Broncos and Bills may be involved in a trade for Siemian. I believe this is contingent on the Broncos signing Tony Romo, and I'm still skeptical there's much behind those rumors.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:10 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Rumors circulating now that the Broncos and Bills may be involved in a trade for Siemian. I believe this is contingent on the Broncos signing Tony Romo, and I'm still skeptical there's much behind those rumors.
Oh jesus. Hope it's just a rumor.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
There's another rumor that the Cowboys, Redskins and 49ers are all involved in a big three-way involving Romo and Cousins, so who knows what's true at this point. I know I'd rather not see the Broncos trade for Romo. I'd rather they stuck with what they have at QB and improve that line in front of them, but if they do pursue Romo I hope it's as an FA and they don't have to give up anything to sign him.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Mike Klis saying there's serious interest in Romo if Dallas releases him.

Broncos ready to explore Romo if released | 9news.com

Doesn't sound that good to me, his odds of staying healthy seem to always be pretty low, and at best, it's kicking the can down the road in terms of finding a franchise QB.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:32 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
It is rolling. I didn't think it would happen, but now I think it will.

Jerry Jones doesn't want Tony to go to ANYONE from the NFC East. For that matter, no doubt anyone from the NFC in general.

And Houston? Heh, Jones absolutely, positively does NOT want Romo there!

We'll say though. In any case, Denver better have a plan for the offensive line makeover--again.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:46 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
It is rolling. I didn't think it would happen, but now I think it will.
I have no doubt that:

1. Romo would want to go to either Denver or Houston

and

2. That Jerry would not mind at all to send him to Denver, and possibly Houston as well, I don't fully buy into Jerry being paranoid about Romo being in Houston. But I suppose there is a greater chance Romo and the Texans shine next year over Romo and the Broncos.

But I don't see how the Bills need to be tied to any of this at all.

Personally, I felt that Elway would shy away from bringing in Romo. While on paper it makes sense in a lot of ways (and not in a few others), I felt that Elway would want to find a long-term replacement at the position sooner rather than later. Bringing in Romo simply kicks the cans down the road and does nothing to solve the long-term issue of finding a lasting replacement.

Houston would do anything to get Romo, but they have a huge Brock Osweiler sized albatross hanging around their neck. Or in other words, how much of a discount is Romo ready to take to play next season?

I think ultimately, Jerry releases Romo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football