Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 06:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times

Advertisements

Just listened to Sportscenter...waiting a looooong time while they disected each game ad infinitum...they finally get to the Broncos and spent about 2 minutes saying well yeah, they're 3-0 but the first game doesn't really count and let's face it they beat the Browns and the Raiders...big deal. Next? You'd think it was personally painful for them to talk about the Broncos....they didn't even mention the Raiders....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 07:16 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,586 times

Bronco Nation of STL is enjoying this, 3-0 to start, but alas the schedule does ramp up exponentially in terms of difficulty over the next five games. But, if we keep improving, you never know...approach Dallas next Sunday with a hardcore, positive attitude, and who knows...

Here's a fun question to ponder - Elvis "The Beast" Dumervil has six sacks on the season - how many NFL TEAMS (not players - TEAMS) - is he ahead of? LOL!

GO BRONCOS!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
As a Redskin fan from wayback, I'm hoping the Bronco's can beat the hated Cowboys next Sunday. That would be nice to see in person, but at $380.00 per ticket for section 306 (available as of a minute ago), I'll watch it from the comfort of my great room.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
How about Mike Nolan? He took one of the worst defenses in the league last year, completely changed schemes and now has them playing out of their friggin minds. All in ONE offseason. We will get tested in the next few weeks but I'm sure the D will be at least adequate even against offensive powerhouses. The Bengals sure don't look like a weak team right about now.

As for next week, I'm confident despite the fact this will be our biggest test to date. Romo is very hot and cold and you never know which one will show up, but I have faith that Nolan will confuse him and attack the offense all day. The Cowboys have a thunder (Barber) and Lightning (Felix Jones) rushing attack like Oakland, and I think we'll be able to handle them fairly easy.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Bosco55 is right; Nolan is a welcome addition to the coaching staff. Like Marksman 84 points out, the schedule is going to get tough, we've got good clubs on the schedule up till the bye week, which is about a month from now. The Broncos finally put one in the turnover category, but you know what, that was the first one this season.

I will say this though. Oakland was 1-1, had all the reason to be in a surly mood after opening game last season and the Broncos pounding them the way they did. You would THINK they would be fired up for the game. You would think-instead they laid a big egg!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:56 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
The Cowboys aren't looking too good now with the missed field goal.

So... when are the Broncos going to play a worthy opponent? What if their opponents suck by the time the Broncos get at them? Will they still be ranked 25th and undefeated?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Is former Bronco Coach Mike Shanahan about to get a new job? Is Redskins Coach Zorn on borrowed time? Redskin owner and boy wonder Dan Snyder can't fire the team....

WaPo says the Redskins private jet was seen at an airport near the Denver Bronco's practice field and nearby the home of former Bronco Coach Mike Shanahan. (Hmmm, don't we all LOVE a good mystery.)

Of course, the Redskins say the plane was NOT there on Redskin business nor was Shanahan involved. Sure. Just a practice flight, eh.

That's a mighty long way to go for a plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters and a six pack of Fat Tire Beer.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Uh, oh. I say i say I say UUUUHHHHOOOOHHHH!!

You heard it from Mike fbe! Might happen too! BTW, you guys ought to read the Redskin threads-YIKES!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:11 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post

Bronco Nation of STL is enjoying this, 3-0 to start, but alas the schedule does ramp up exponentially in terms of difficulty over the next five games. But, if we keep improving, you never know...approach Dallas next Sunday with a hardcore, positive attitude, and who knows...

Here's a fun question to ponder - Elvis "The Beast" Dumervil has six sacks on the season - how many NFL TEAMS (not players - TEAMS) - is he ahead of? LOL!

GO BRONCOS!
Elvis Dumervil is one of my favorite players, I hope he continues his great season. I would love to see Denver beat the arrogant Cowboys on Sunday.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Is former Bronco Coach Mike Shanahan about to get a new job? Is Redskins Coach Zorn on borrowed time? Redskin owner and boy wonder Dan Snyder can't fire the team....

WaPo says the Redskins private jet was seen at an airport near the Denver Bronco's practice field and nearby the home of former Bronco Coach Mike Shanahan. (Hmmm, don't we all LOVE a good mystery.)

Of course, the Redskins say the plane was NOT there on Redskin business nor was Shanahan involved. Sure. Just a practice flight, eh.

That's a mighty long way to go for a plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters and a six pack of Fat Tire Beer.
I'm actually hoping he ends up in San Diego and brings Bob Slowik with him.

If you want the heads up about Shanahan, I'd follow Adam Schefter. That's where any breaking Shanahan news will come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football