Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 10:25 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Wow, the Bronco's looked awesome last night, where was this team the prior four games..... if only....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,586 times
WOO HOO our Thanksgiving could not have been better! I got to hammer my brother-in-law the Jokeland Faders fan , and then enjoyed a phenomenal win by a very spirited and tight Denver Broncos squad. What efforts from the D, Orton, Moreno, Marshall, Scheffler and hello Jabar Gaffney!!

Now we need some help from the KC Griefs, maybe they can pull another upset against the Bolts.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Tell Josh to quit talkin smack to opposing players, its very busch league of him. I know Bill taught him better.

Aside from that I wish you guys good luck tonight and through out.

Oh yeah...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I intentionally waited until all the facts came out before I commented on this. It looks like the story is vastly different than Shaun Phillips' version.

Quote:
Apologetic for two recently publicized incidents, Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels nevertheless wants to set the record straight -- he's not a trash-talking renegade.

Specifically, McDaniels clarified an alleged incident with San Diego Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips during last Sunday's pregame warm-ups in which Phillips claimed the Broncos coach boasted, "We own you" before the Chargers delivered a 32-3 lashing of their AFC West rival in Denver.

"I was two or three steps out of the tunnel when Shaun Phillips raced up to me with his helmet off and said, 'I'll kick your [expletive] ass, too,' " explained McDaniels. "I'm not saying I felt physically threatened but that's exactly the way it went down. It surprised me in a way but we played them a lot when I was in New England and he's always been that kind of guy.

"I wasn't out there trash-talking their players, going through their drills. This guy has been doing this since I've been in the league and, because they won, he takes the liberty of telling his side of the story. I didn't swear at him or threaten him. What I actually said was, 'I've heard the same thing from you for four or five years now, and when I was in New England, we owned you.'"

The Broncos coach added, "Now, I'll apologize for that but it was nothing like [Phillips] portrayed."
Just another reason to hate the Chargers. They like to run their mouths but when it gets flipped on them they love to play the victim card. Sounds alot like the 2006 (or was it 2007?) playoffs when you guys beat them at home and they flipped out over your players mocking Merriman's dumbass dance.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:46 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I intentionally waited until all the facts came out before I commented on this. It looks like the story is vastly different than Shaun Phillips' version.

Just another reason to hate the Chargers. They like to run their mouths but when it gets flipped on them they love to play the victim card. Sounds alot like the 2006 (or was it 2007?) playoffs when you guys beat them at home and they flipped out over your players mocking Merriman's dumbass dance.

I agree with the Chargers being a bunch of whiney asses, that said Josh needs to be above that and focus on his job. I like the guy and I hate to see him get that label attached to him as a punk coach.

PS - Like they said on the sports talk shows to the Chargers after that game, if you dont want them celebrating on your field...DONT LOSE! LMAO

Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I agree with the Chargers being a bunch of whiney asses, that said Josh needs to be above that and focus on his job. I like the guy and I hate to see him get that label attached to him as a punk coach.
Yeah I know, but heat of the moment and all that.

Personally I would have loved to see one of our offensive linemen knock Phillips on his ass when he came running up on our coach like that, but oh well.

Quote:
PS - Like they said on the sports talk shows to the Chargers after that game, if you dont want them celebrating on your field...DONT LOSE! LMAO
Yep, that's the thing with the Chargers. They feel they should be able to disrespect whoever they please but God forbid you pull the same stunt on them.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:42 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,586 times
RE: The Chargers

One simple question generally silences the ilk that supports this franchise:

"How many Super Bowls has San Diego won?" (ZERO).

Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
OK, comment time from the resident geezer here!

It was a solid performance when it was needed the most. The Broncs had dropped the previous four and needed this one badly. The stats were pretty much all Denver, and the stat that tells the tale is turnovers by New York- three of them. Having the extra few days off definitely helps.

We have never played well in Kansas City, especially in December. As butt cold as it has been in Colorado the last couple days, I'm not sure what the forecast will be for tomorrow's game at Arrowhead.

But we can't worry about that. To get into the playoffs, winning this game is a must. 10-6 probably gets a wild card, but that's not a guarantee. I remember in the 1985 season 11-5 didn't get us in the playoffs at all. We still have to play Indianapolis and Philadelphia, both are away games.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
This just in from the Denver Post online.
Tim McKernen, AKA "the Barrelman", passed away early this morning. The Post online said it will have more on the story later this evening. I'll comment later, it's a sad day for Bronco fans as I was lucky to tailgate with him, the "Hatman" (from Pueblo), and the "Limo Man", (who is from Raton, New Mexico). Am saddened by his passing. He had been in bad shape for some time.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-05-2009, 02:30 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Default R.I.P. Barrelman

Sad news indeed.
He is suffering no more though, R.I.P.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
RIP Barrelman......truly a Denver original.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football