Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 10:06 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times

Advertisements

I think the B's will make it to the playoffs but then that means they have to come to New England and get destroyed HA I cant wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 10:10 PM

18,014 posts, read 27,460,166 times
I don't see that McDaniels has control over the team.

I was not on board with Marshall from the time Cutler and Royal scorched the Raiders in the season opener last year until I think the Dallas Cowboy game. I didn't like Marshall's attitude at all.

Then, ever since Marshall made "amends" with that touchdown drive and went over and hugged it out with Josh, I started to become a fan.

Now, I could care less about the other 44 players and the coaches.

I hate the Denver Broncos but love Brandon Marshall.

The Broncos are going to lose to the Chiefs Sunday. Now I'm hoping that the Minnesota Vikings or the Saints or maybe even the Arizona Cardinals can make it to the Super Bowl so I can have a team to root for.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:17 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't see that McDaniels has control over the team.

I was not on board with Marshall from the time Cutler and Royal scorched the Raiders in the season opener last year until I think the Dallas Cowboy game. I didn't like Marshall's attitude at all.

Then, ever since Marshall made "amends" with that touchdown drive and went over and hugged it out with Josh, I started to become a fan.

Now, I could care less about the other 44 players and the coaches.

I hate the Denver Broncos but love Brandon Marshall.

The Broncos are going to lose to the Chiefs Sunday. Now I'm hoping that the Minnesota Vikings or the Saints or maybe even the Arizona Cardinals can make it to the Super Bowl so I can have a team to root for.
Wow man, I mean ****, we've had a tough year and all but I think most of us can agree that this team has exceeded our expectations. No reason to turn our back on them now.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:21 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
Mcgowdog, you love a player that plays when he wants to, quits when he thinks things aren't going well, and "allegedly" embellishes injuries because he doesn't feel like playing..over your hometown team?

McDaniels may not make it to the playoffs this year, but I think that by benching malcontents - marshall and scheffler (average at best) - he is showing that he does have control of this team.

Now, I'm not a Broncos fan but I like McDaniels and I think he has been treated unfairly by Broncos Country due to his age and his unwillingness to deal with the Kleenex poster boy, Jay Cutler. Who has as started as many playoff games as I have.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Well the Broncos are going to have no rcvrs and no tight ends. I guess they have their running game to fall back on and Kyle Orton's scrambling ability to score points.

The Broncos are going to get behind early to the Chiefs on Sunday and be forced the throw early and often, leading to the defense being warn out by halftime.

Then things are just going to unfold and get ugly in the second half and the Broncos will be 8 and 8 and miss the playoffs... again.

My big problem with all of this is that they were once 6-0. Somehow, I get drawn in and have hope. So then they go 2-8 and the coach benches Marshall. You don't do that. You find a way to get through to him and don't aire your dirty laundry on national T.V.

I put all of this mess on the coach. I don't know what went on during practice yesterday and today between Josh and Brandon, but let's just keep it in the locker room and be ready by Sunday, give the O-line their "all I want to do is win a #$(*#* game" speech and see what happens.

Now, I don't even want to watch the game because I already know what's gonna happen. The Broncos are going to lose. Now, the Jets MAY lose, but the Ravens aren't and so the Broncos are done. Let's at least show some character and try to save face with Marshall.

Kyle Orton. Let's just get down to the red zone and throw the ball away on 1st down. This guy can't scramble to save his life.

The Broncos had a major meltdown this season and I refuse to put it on the players. I can't figure out what the heck happened to the O-line, but the inability to make adjustments at halftime and meltdowns in the 4th quarter... I put that all on the coach.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
SoxFan, good post!

McGowdog, I get your frustration 100%. I think that this McD/Marshall thing is probably blown out of proportion and just like their previous spat, it'll get hugged out. As for the record, how many of us honestly thought we'd be playing for the playoffs this year? I know on the Broncos forum I post on, the overwhelming sentiment was that we'd be lucky to win 4 games, yet here we are about to go 9-7 (I think there is about a 2% chance the Chiefs beat us tomorrow) with a shot at a wild card spot.

We've had a tough season, but this team has fought tooth and nail in every game they've played so far. There has been a major culture change in Denver and the future it bright.

Hang in there brother, we're getting there.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
McGowdog makes a good point with the offensive line. Ben Hamilton's play went south some time ago. Casey Wiegmann had been struggling, seems to have gotten it back, but I'm fairly sure this might be his last season. Losing Ryan Harris definitely hurts. I was hoping Knoshon Moreno could finish the season at 1000 plus yards, if he has a monster day against the Chiefs, he still might. The Chiefs have zip to play for other than their jobs.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:35 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Have a bad feeling about tomorrows game.....
Maybe they will prove me wrong.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:53 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,270 times
From ESPN.com and "Broncos sources." Sounds like McDaniels wasn't alone in his thoughts of Marshall and Scheffler.

According to Broncos sources, the problems with Marshall and Scheffler came after team leaders including Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey, Kyle Orton, D.J. Williams and Daniel Graham all met with McDaniels on Monday and encouraged him to take a hardline approach in preparing the team to finish the season against the Chiefs.

That development, combined with a home loss to the Raiders, compelled McDaniels to emphasize the need for accountability in a full team meeting Wednesday. It was later that day when Marshall complained about his hamstring.

Scheffler was presumably demoted to the scout team after he was overheard telling teammates that he couldn't wait for Denver's season to end.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Well the way I see it, I think Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey, Kyle Orton, D.J. Williams, Daniel Graham and Josh McDaniels should have kept their pieholes shut and found out a way to beg Brandon Marshall and Scheffler to help them out in body, mind, and spirit and worry about their own respective positions.

Go Saints!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football