Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPX2 View Post
Too bad they don't have anyone to throw him tha ball. Nice trade for Denver in a deep draft.
No offense but Henne is a much better QB than Orton and Henne is still learning and getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
With that pick Denver will no doubt be looking for a WR. Eddie Royal's production dropped off quite a bit last year, can't figure that out as he is still a darn good player.. Brandon Stokely does have a long history of concussions, though he is a quality player and a good guy in the clubhouse. Looks like Jabar Gaffney moves in Marshall's spot for now. At least Denver can move forward now and get all this stuff in its rear view mirror.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
I wish Brandon Marshall all the best. Some consider him to be a locker room cancer. I see a really talented WR there and he will hopefully find a team with a coach who can take care of him.

The Broncos are 3-10-1 against the Miami Dolphins so, you could say he's movin' up.

The Denver Broncos just moved down another notch as far as I'm concerned. Until the Broncos beat a fellow AFC West opponent or two and at least make the playoffs, I'll be skeptical.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:17 PM

79 posts, read 143,810 times
I'm still scratchin' my head over Brady Quinn. I really thought Bowlen & Co. would have aggressively gone after McNabb. And now we're thin at RB and WR. Who would have thunk it? I'm with McGowdog on this one. Down a BIG notch. I still bleed orange though, and always will.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:59 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I wish Brandon Marshall all the best. Some consider him to be a locker room cancer. I see a really talented WR there and he will hopefully find a team with a coach who can take care of him.

The Broncos are 3-10-1 against the Miami Dolphins so, you could say he's movin' up.

The Denver Broncos just moved down another notch as far as I'm concerned. Until the Broncos beat a fellow AFC West opponent or two and at least make the playoffs, I'll be skeptical.
It almost seemed he wanted out of town right off the get go when the coaching change started. As far as ability, he is as good as it gets, I don't think anyone can dispute that. But he forced his hand, he wanted out. That was evident in regards to his posturing during training camp. I hope things work for him with the Dolphins.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Well I hated him during training camp. He was kicking the ball off the field and refusing to work out... being a real punk. Then he eventually made it back on the field, the pouting subsided, then had a breakout game against the Pats or whomever that was, and he hugged Josh and I thought he had made amends. I liked him after that. Once a guy pays his dues, that should be it.

Anything that happened after that, I liken to bad coaching. That second half of the season was a debacle, minus a pretty good game against the Colts and I pin that on Josh McDaniels.

So what has Josh done in the off season?
  • Lost a very good defensive coordinator
  • Drafted Brady Quinn
  • Lost the now highest paid reciever in the game
If somehow the Broncos defense does as good or better than what they did the first 6 games of last year, I'll give him some credit. But the bottom line is , can the Broncos get out of mediocrity and make the playoffs? I'm not used to a team that can't even make the damn playoffs.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Drafted Brady Quinn??? Didnt that happen a few years back by the Browns. JK

I think they made out ok with 2 2nd rounders.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:04 AM

Whatever. Traded, borrowed, certainly not stolen. Unloaded. The Cleveland Browns unloaded Brady Quinn to the Broncos.

You like that better?

Old 04-16-2010, 02:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenIron View Post
I'm still scratchin' my head over Brady Quinn. I really thought Bowlen & Co. would have aggressively gone after McNabb.
McNabb is an older west coast offense kind of quarterback. He would have done nothing but been a very expensive hold the fort option for us, and we already have that with Orton. Quinn is the guy that McDaniels wants to develop to be his long term quarterback.

Quote:
And now we're thin at RB and WR.
We have Moreno and Buckhalter at running back, plus we brought back J.J Arrington as well.

Quote:
Whatever. Traded, borrowed, certainly not stolen. Unloaded. The Cleveland Browns unloaded Brady Quinn to the Broncos.
A potential franchise QB in exchange for an overrated FB and a 6th rounder? I'll make that trade everytime.

Quote:
Well I hated him during training camp. He was kicking the ball off the field and refusing to work out... being a real punk. Then he eventually made it back on the field, the pouting subsided, then had a breakout game against the Pats or whomever that was, and he hugged Josh and I thought he had made amends. I liked him after that. Once a guy pays his dues, that should be it.

Anything that happened after that, I liken to bad coaching. That second half of the season was a debacle, minus a pretty good game against the Colts and I pin that on Josh McDaniels.
You can't pin it on McDaniels. Hell, our 6-0 start was mainly thanks to him out gameplanning the other teams. Then we ran into basically the two most physical teams in the league who exposed our weak lines for all the league to see and at that point, we couldn't smoke and mirror our way around the problem anymore.

Quote:
So what has Josh done in the off season? Lost a very good defensive coordinator
Nolan wanted out because he wanted to run his defense, not the defense Josh was making him run. He simply wanted more control than he would have had in Denver. There is also alot of speculation that he is eager to get back into the head coaching ranks and he knew that was less likely to happen if he is nothing but Josh's defensive wingman.

Quote:
Drafted Brady Quinn
Traded for, and an excellent move IMO.

Quote:
Lost the now highest paid reciever in the game
We didn't lose him, we traded him for two 2nd round draft picks. Really the only option we had unless you drop a bunch of guaranteed money in the lap of a receiver who is virtually a lock to be arrested every season.

Quote:
If somehow the Broncos defense does as good or better than what they did the first 6 games of last year, I'll give him some credit.
I imagine we will seeing as how we signed three starter quality players for the D-line (Jarvis Green, Justin Bannan and Jamal Williams) and more cornerback depth.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
McNabb is an older west coast offense kind of quarterback. He would have done nothing but been a very expensive hold the fort option for us, and we already have that with Orton. Quinn is the guy that McDaniels wants to develop to be his long term quarterback.

We have Moreno and Buckhalter at running back, plus we brought back J.J Arrington as well.

A potential franchise QB in exchange for an overrated FB and a 6th rounder? I'll make that trade everytime.

You can't pin it on McDaniels. Hell, our 6-0 start was mainly thanks to him out gameplanning the other teams. Then we ran into basically the two most physical teams in the league who exposed our weak lines for all the league to see and at that point, we couldn't smoke and mirror our way around the problem anymore.

Nolan wanted out because he wanted to run his defense, not the defense Josh was making him run. He simply wanted more control than he would have had in Denver. There is also alot of speculation that he is eager to get back into the head coaching ranks and he knew that was less likely to happen if he is nothing but Josh's defensive wingman.

Traded for, and an excellent move IMO.

We didn't lose him, we traded him for two 2nd round draft picks. Really the only option we had unless you drop a bunch of guaranteed money in the lap of a receiver who is virtually a lock to be arrested every season.

I imagine we will seeing as how we signed three starter quality players for the D-line (Jarvis Green, Justin Bannan and Jamal Williams) and more cornerback depth.
I do think that the 2 picks for Marshall are pretty good because if you're going to lose a guy,2 2nd rounders can work or you can combine them and get a better pick,maybe 2 2nd for a 1st rounder. I also have not given up on Quinn but placing McNabb in the same category as Orton is crazy. McNabb is a MUCH better QB but has to be in the right offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football