Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Will do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 10:37 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Early start for the season opener, 11 a.m. Jacksonville is a two point pick.

With all the injuries in preseason, it's kind of hard for me to state who starts at running back, am guessing Moreno. We'll see how that O line goes, we have a couple rookies starting and Clady is still rusty. Kyle Orton had a good camp. though.

Kind of hard to read the Jaguars. Denver has not done well with them lately, they don't seem to match up with them. From what I can tell, DelRio is on the spot as the Jaguars head coach this season. He needs a winning season this year to keep his job. It's that simple.

Go Broncos!

Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
What a heartbreaker, Kyle Orton threw a TD pass that could've tied it late in the game but the receiver's foot came down a few inches out of bounds. One of the few games where I've ever seen a weather delay in the NFL, in this case for a T-storm that came through with a lot of lightning. Temperature in J-ville was 94 with a heat index of 102. Maybe that explains all the empty seats I saw, which really surprised me as most of the empty seats were in the mid-field area.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots of CBS touched on that subject several times during the game today. To say the Jaguars have been a concern to the NFL regarding attendance would be putting it lightly. Their season went poof in the last week of last season just like the Broncos did and head coach Jack DelRio certainly was hearing the criticism.

Mike is right, that was one wicked storm that rolled through the stadium in the second half. I've seen games on a delay before, don't believe the Broncos have been involved in any. And game kickoff 94 degrees? Sheesh! Regarding Mike's comment in the seats between the 30's, yea, that was noticeable all right.

Bosco55David went to the game today, I'll comment on some of the issues tomorrow. Disappointed, yea. There were a few good things I noticed, will touch on them later. Bosco, whatcha got for us? How wicked was that storm?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,802 times
I liked a lot of what I saw today.
Albeit we need to quit making stoopid mistakes.

I'm figuring the heat took some of the fun out of it.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
I didn't think our pass D was going to be a concern, I was wrong.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 PM

Well I am back from the game with time to rest and digest what I watched. Before I give my analysis, I must put the disclaimer haven't watched the TV Broadcast of the game yet so there may be things that I didn't see or look different from that vantage point.

The weather was absolutely atrocious. Depending on where you were, the mercury was dancing real close to about 100*. Humidity was about 60% according to the guy sitting behind me with the iPhone. All in all, we played a good game. The biggest problem with this team is that we faced a tough Jaguars D-Line with two rookies, a guy getting his first significant NFL playing time and a gimpy Ryan Clady on our offensive line and it showed. That is something that time will cure. Our defense's main problem is that they got exhausted and frustrated, which lead to some big plays and a few dumb penalties.

On the good side, how about Brandon Lloyd? Dude showed up to play and will be a very solid deep receiver until Demaryius Thomas takes his job from him. Seeing this game from a live perspective also re-enforced two things I've always known about Josh McDaniels.

1) He is an outstanding tactical coach. His formations and motions were completely confusing the Jaguars secondary and linebackers. Not only did it result in the Jaguars having to blow a couple timeouts, on more than one occasion I'd see a safety or linebacker looking at the Jags sideline with their arms in the air as if saying "what do I do now?!?"

2) The guy is going to hold EVERYONE, his coaching staff included, accountable. Special Teams Coach Mike Priefer, Tight Ends Coach Bob Ligasheky and 2nd string Tight End Richard Quinn all received tongue lashings during the game for various **** ups.

On a side note, I did get to briefly speak to a couple players and coaches after the game and met the families of DE Marcus Thomas and WR Jabar Gaffney, all of whom were extremely nice. I also got my encouraging words acknowledged by Thomas, Jarvis Moss and Josh himself. Yes, I am cool.

I guess that's about all I can think of off the top of my head. If anyone has questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:42 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Nice write up, how were your seats?

Anything you saw that you were surprised by? Or did they have a very similar gameplan as you assumed they would? Week 1 usually throws even the most astute fans some curveballs, which is why I am asking.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM

Speaking of seats Bosco55david, what's the scoop down there regarding the empty seats? That was addressed a few times on the telecast. Surprisingly, it looked to me that the area between the 30's had a lot of empty seats. I mean a lot!

Solid commentary, BTW! Will comment on a few things later.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Nice write up, how were your seats?
They were cheap seats up on the 4th level. Luckily the stadium is built more vertical instead of horizontal, so the vantage point was still good.

Quote:
Anything you saw that you were surprised by? Or did they have a very similar gameplan as you assumed they would? Week 1 usually throws even the most astute fans some curveballs, which is why I am asking.
It was pretty similar to what I expected. Lots of 3 and 4 wide sets with motion out of the backfield. Game plan seemed to be pretty similar to what Josh did with the 2007 Patriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Speaking of seats Bosco55david, what's the scoop down there regarding the empty seats? That was addressed a few times on the telecast. Surprisingly, it looked to me that the area between the 30's had a lot of empty seats. I mean a lot!

Solid commentary, BTW! Will comment on a few things later.
Jacksonville has historically had attendance problems. There were lots of empty seats even with four blocks of the upper section covered (a gimmick to circumvent the TV blackout rule I was told) and I'd say that 25% of the fans left after the weather delay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football