Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times

Advertisements

And speaking of money being an issue, the Broncos made a couple moves today. They released both Jamal Williams and Justin Bannan. Both were on the defensive line last season.

Bannan had signed a 5 year $22 million contract, with $7 million guaranteed.

Williams had signed a 3 year $16 million contract with $6 million guaranteed. I believe he was set to receive $4 million this season.

And the purge continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I'm not sure...but hey I like Orton and I agree with your dad-however, new coach may change things up and I do believe the coach is stating this for Orton's trade value-

Plus I love Tebow-the guy has dedication and that may win Elway over-

All I can say is PLEASE let the Broncos win more games...amen
Makes sense, I just don't want to risk playing Tebow to early as that could have possible negative consequences on his career overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
First off Xander_Crews, I've noticed you're a new name here-welcome to the football forum!

On the record, my previous post is to be in agreement with Bosco's observation. I'm good with Orton, if I was ever critical with him it was for the particular game he played. He came here in the Cutler trade with something to prove. With 2 #1 draft choices coming to us, it was clear to me Orton was considered the "throw in" on the deal. He came in here with something to prove. He has done all the Broncos have asked of him. Considering the offensive line he has to work with, and a running game that is lacking, he played good ball.

Personally I'd be good with both on the roster. Will that happen, though? Then you have Brady Quinn in the mix, what do the Broncos do with him? Fortunately money isn't an issue with Quinn.
Thanks for the welcome.

I am not trying to come across as smarter than anyone or anything, it would just be a confusing move in my mind to get rid of Orton, and I expect Elway to be a little more conservative with personnel moves than McDaniels was.

Until he proves otherwise, Brady Quinn should stay a 3rd string QB, His play in the NFL has not impressed me thus far.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And speaking of money being an issue, the Broncos made a couple moves today. They released both Jamal Williams and Justin Bannan. Both were on the defensive line last season.

Bannan had signed a 5 year $22 million contract, with $7 million guaranteed.

Williams had signed a 3 year $16 million contract with $6 million guaranteed. I believe he was set to receive $4 million this season.

And the purge continues.
I noticed this as well, (friends with the Broncos on facebook, handy for up to the minute updates.) no suprise here, our d-line was the worst performing group on our team last year, also Dumervil is going back to the line. I would expect yet more cuts on the D-line.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Posted one minute ago on the Broncos facebook page: "The Broncos have agreed to terms with defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson on a multi-year contract."

Old 03-04-2011, 04:33 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Makes sense, I just don't want to risk playing Tebow to early as that could have possible negative consequences on his career overall.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am not trying to come across as smarter than anyone or anything, it would just be a confusing move in my mind to get rid of Orton, and I expect Elway to be a little more conservative with personnel moves than McDaniels was.

Until he proves otherwise, Brady Quinn should stay a 3rd string QB, His play in the NFL has not impressed me thus far.

Well you are coming across as smarter than everyone-KIDDING!
Welcome to the forum...
I agree about Tebow...we will see how things play out-but Brady? Get rid of him...he is worthless-

Old 03-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Well you are coming across as smarter than everyone-KIDDING!
Welcome to the forum...
I agree about Tebow...we will see how things play out-but Brady? Get rid of him...he is worthless-
Hey, sometimes I can come across as pompous and I know that, so I thought I would throw a disclaimer in there.

I don't know, maybe we should keep Brady Quinn, if we let him go he might end up starting for another team, paying him to sit on the bench is doing the league a favor.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:45 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Hey, sometimes I can come across as pompous and I know that, so I thought I would throw a disclaimer in there.

I don't know, maybe we should keep Brady Quinn, if we let him go he might end up starting for another team, paying him to sit on the bench is doing the league a favor.

That wouldn't be so bad if Quinn started for another team right? I hear Cinci may need a quarterback soon...

If you are a fan of the Broncos you can't be that bad right?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
That wouldn't be so bad if Quinn started for another team right? I hear Cinci may need a quarterback soon...

If you are a fan of the Broncos you can't be that bad right?
I would still feel bad about it, how do you say, "I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy."?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
I don't know, seems like a kinda shaky move to put all your eggs in the Tebow basket, the kind of shaky move that I can't see Elway making... if we still had Mcdaniels I could see it.

The last few years the plan has been,"If it doesn't work right away, get rid of it." I guess I was hoping for a change from those tactics with the firing of McDaniels and the Hiring of Elway.

I mean if Elway was given the same level of chances that our players are being given today, he would have never won a super bowl.
I was originally all for keeping Tebow on the bench for 2010 and probably even 2011, but I think he showed enough down the stretch to take our chance with him.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I was originally all for keeping Tebow on the bench for 2010 and probably even 2011, but I think he showed enough down the stretch to take our chance with him.
I completely agree that Tebow is NFL caliber, but I would prefer not to take any chances when it is feasible to take the basic guarantee with him learning under Orton.

Who knows his aptitude for come backs might rub off on Orton lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football