Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 09:30 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times

Advertisements

[quote=dnvrsoul;20968585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Sorry I have to disagree...Tebow will be a better quarterback than Orton-hands down...
I think Tebow may become a better qb, but he's not currently better than Orton. Another year or two under his belt and it might be worth building an offense around him. Until then, Orton is a solid passer. Problems for the Broncos reach far beyond the QB position, and I would argue that Orton would be putting up even better numbers on most other teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Sorry I have to disagree...Tebow will be a better quarterback than Orton-hands down
Well go right on ahead and disagree. I'm talking about right now. Who's the better QB to lead this banged up offense right now? When the rest of the team contributes at all, Orton can help Denver win some games. You put Tebow out there now, he gets hurt, taken out, and stepped on, and forgotten. Now put him on a team with a good line, a good defense, a good running game, etc., and he does pretty good. But he'd never get a chance on THAT team because he'd be benched for an even better QB.

Colquitt kicked an 81 yard punt and idiot #25 Chris Harris nulifies it with a bonehead rookie error.

Number 41 Vaughn has pretty good speed but needs to learn to not get into a shoving match with the receiver. Make a play on the ball, read the receiver's eyes, look back.

Garfunk, I hear ya.

I like #58 Vaughn Miller. Oh, and he's a rookie.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-21-2011 at 12:57 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Well go right on ahead and disagree. I'm talking about right now. Who's the better QB to lead this banged up offense right now? When the rest of the team contributes at all, Orton can help Denver win some games. You put Tebow out there now, he gets hurt, taken out, and stepped on, and forgotten. Now put him on a team with a good line, a good defense, a good running game, etc., and he does pretty good. But he'd never get a chance on THAT team because he'd be benched for an even better QB.

Colquitt kicked an 81 yard punt and idiot #25 Chris Harris nulifies it with a bonehead rookie error.

Number 41 Vaughn has pretty good speed but needs to learn to not get into a shoving match with the receiver. Make a play on the ball, read the receiver's eyes, look back.

Garfunk, I hear ya.

I like #58 Vaughn Miller. Oh, and he's a rookie.
But how will we know if they don't even give him a chance? Elway sucked in the beginning-I like Orton, I do but I think if they aren't going to at least give some playing time ( and I mean QB) how will he improve...?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:53 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
We didn't need Tebow to begin with. We sure don't need Brady Quinn, we didn't need to get rid of Cutler, Sheffler, Brandon Marshall, we didn't need Josh McDork, nor did we need to fire the Rat.

But here we are with a veteran starting QB, a backup, and some spare change.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:19 PM

18,215 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Been streaming 102.3 "The Ticket" and 850 KOA, got some good and bad news.

Bad news: Eddie Royal is out, probably for a month. At first they were guessing two weeks with the pulled groin, a closer look is now three weeks. With the Broncos drawing a bye on October 16th, the next action he'll see is the October 23rd game. Meanwhile, Denver signed Quan Cosby, who played for Cincinnati the past two seasons. Not much on receptions, but a good punt returner. That will make Eric Decker concentrate on a wide receiver role only, though Fox might have him back there on kicks.

Good news: Some of the wounded are improving; working out this week is D.J. Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Knowshon Moreno, and Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd will be a game time decision as will Champ Bailey.

It doesn't pay to be a Thomas. All three of our Thomas's (Demarious, Marcus, and Julius) are still out for now. Won't know their status till game time Sunday.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
I think Orton is a pretty good QB. Folks who are calling for Tebow are moronic. I don't mind seeing him come out for certain plays though.
The problem with starting Tebow is that the players are still solidly behind Orton. Pulling him so early to start an unproven player could be disastrous, especially for a new coach still trying to get the players to buy into his system. There are only two scenarios where you can safely start Tebow this year.

- Orton sucks so badly and completely that benching him is obvious.

- Orton gets injured.

If neither of those happen, you ride it out and let Tebow go into 2012 as the clear starter.

Quote:
I feel bad for the injured players... but we can't spend the first half of the season waiting for them to get healthy.
I wonder when we (and I mean the team) starts looking at the strength and conditioning department as a problem. We seem to have more ligament and soft tissue injuries than any team in the league, and many players with clear medical histories (Moreno, Demaryius Thomas) show up in Denver and start having problems.

Something needs to be done.

Quote:
That defensive secondary is very shaky. I'd get rid of Moore, #41, maybe even Goodman. I can't think of all of their names now and my computer is down, so this is the best I can do with my "stupid" phone. It just seems like the secondary can't tackle and they aren't coming up with any picks. I wish we could clone Dawkins 5 times then we'd be set.
You're not much for patience are you? Moore is a rookie, and #41 (Cassius Vaughn) is only a 2nd year player. You can't put young players out there like that against a pretty solid receiving corps and expect them to perform well without a legitimate pass rush.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I wonder when we (and I mean the team) starts looking at the strength and conditioning department as a problem.
Not to mention the Broncos seem to be severely lacking in strength in general. The O-line can't hold their ground (important for a pocket passer like Orton or a finesse RB like a healthy Moreno) and the D-line rarely gains any ground during the pass rush.

On another note, Orton has earned the ire of sportscasters for being an "unathletic" QB because apparently the word "athletic" in the NFL is synonymous with speed and only speed. However, he had an 11 or 12 yard rush after the pocket collapsed too quickly (as always) and I was rather impressed with how quickly he got down field. He's no RB but he's got more gas in the tank than NFL commentators give him credit for.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
I wonder when we (and I mean the team) starts looking at the strength and conditioning department as a problem. We seem to have more ligament and soft tissue injuries than any team in the league, and many players with clear medical histories (Moreno, Demaryius Thomas) show up in Denver and start having problems.

I've been wondering this exact same thing.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
We didn't need Tebow to begin with. We sure don't need Brady Quinn, we didn't need to get rid of Cutler, Sheffler, Brandon Marshall, we didn't need Josh McDork, nor did we need to fire the Rat.

But here we are with a veteran starting QB, a backup, and some spare change.

Ohh I don't know I think getting Tebow was one of the few good things Mcdumba** did right-Brady Quinn was the worst-

I'm glad they got rid of Cutler-he is a diva and will never be as good as he could be...as soon as things start to get rough for him in a game-he pouts and starts throwing a tantrum-he needs a good sports psychologist-
Brandon Marshall-big mistake....

I guess we will have to see...

Old 09-24-2011, 12:19 PM

18,215 posts, read 25,850,946 times
There is an interesting thread that has popped up in the Denver, Co. subforum earlier this morning. If there is anyone who reads here who has interest I'd appreciate that poster get in touch with the OP.

Posters name: RandyTS

Thread title: "Looking for African American Broncos fan to feature in a short film for ESPN". It came on the board early this morning.

Appreciate it!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-24-2011 at 04:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football