Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 10:38 AM

3,970 posts, read 7,666,158 times

Advertisements

Oh, and id like to mention that despite the humiliating game, the packer fans didnt say a word to me, they were actually very respectful, touchdown after touchdown. After touchdown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times
I was wondering about you! I saw those long lines, people complaining on how bad it was (new rules). Of course, news cameras tend to focus on the negatives, Packers said they will get it handled better by the next home game.

I think Lambeau is one of the most traditional and actually seating capacity puts them in the middle of the road probably, although they say capacity will be close to 80,000 when they add to the south end zone.

Glad it wasn't a bad experience, aside from the score. Can't believe Packer fans were shouting Tebow!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 AM

18,139 posts, read 25,671,871 times
Those lines at Invesco were plenty long for the Raider game, but not so much at the Bengal game. Regarding the Raider game, it was a no-brainer beyond the 911 situation. Stadium security have been patting down to the ankles regarding Raider games for years. And while most fans know not to "cross that line" regarding fan behavior inside the stadium, that situation is different once you get out to the parking lot. The Raider game a few weeks ago had its moments, but wasn't anything like last years 59-14 shellacking. And the DPD had a lot of extra security for that one!

On the subject of "patting down", I went to the Bronco/Raider game at the L.A. Colisseum in 1988 and a guy ahead of me had his flask taken from him. He was inventive about it as he had it duct taped to his left shin.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,205,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And to think I was looking forward to football season....sigh....
It's getting old, feel like we are just going in circles and getting nowhere.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,785,181 times
I didn't expect too much difference from last year. Broncos should draft a RB in the first round or someone really good on D(not sure where, all the positions kind of look bad)

Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 AM

Well I was at the stadium pretty early so I didnt have any issues getting in to lambeau. I did get to meet john fox and some autographs

Old 10-05-2011, 03:20 AM

I feel so bad for brian dawkins, bless his heart, he tries each week to get the crowd and his teammates psyched up for the game, only to have such disappointing performances from his teammates. im still going to games and supporting my team, but sunday, if sd comes in here and puts on a clinic like gb did, its going to be a long, miserable season. Again.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:44 PM

17,876 posts, read 27,269,911 times
My wife won some door prize from her work and she is getting me a Bronco jersey. It's been a long time coming as they informed her they simply could not get the jersey I requested... Darrent Williams.

So, I told her I could settle for a Dawkins jersey. I'm still waiting.

I was trying to think the other day, what exactly is the character of this Bronco team. If you had to put a face to it, which face would it be? An often sidelined Champ Bailey or an Elvis Dumerville? No. Orton or Tebow? Heeeya no! Fox? Next.

The only guy I think they can rally behind is Dawkins. Go back to that horrible game footage of the last Bronco/Raider game. Despite the man-handling the Broncos took, look at some of the hits Dawkins put on in that game. He was manly amongst little boys in that game. I won't soon forget that. He's no CB. He has no business trying to chase down a rcvr in the backfield, but put him in a position to shadow the QB or something. He knows how to tackle and most everyone else out there does not. Goodman, Moore, etc. I'd get rid of the whole bunch and get some used-up and old vets out there or something. Miller shows promise. There's another or two out there who can play D.

I don't think the Broncos played all that bad at times against the Packers. I think it just goes to show you how out of their league they are right now. They better find themselves against the Bolts. I think the Broncos have shown improvement on running the ball and stopping the run. It's just that Rodgers was going to scorch them with his arm last Sunday. We really need a couple of good cornerbacks right now. If not Champ Bailey, get someone off of waivers or something. Meanwhile, we need some bigger D-linemen with long arms to try to knock some throws down.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 PM

26,678 posts, read 41,516,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My wife won some door prize from her work and she is getting me a Bronco jersey. It's been a long time coming as they informed her they simply could not get the jersey I requested... Darrent Williams.

So, I told her I could settle for a Dawkins jersey. I'm still waiting.

I was trying to think the other day, what exactly is the character of this Bronco team. If you had to put a face to it, which face would it be? An often sidelined Champ Bailey or an Elvis Dumerville? No. Orton or Tebow? Heeeya no! Fox? Next.

The only guy I think they can rally behind is Dawkins. Go back to that horrible game footage of the last Bronco/Raider game. Despite the man-handling the Broncos took, look at some of the hits Dawkins put on in that game. He was manly amongst little boys in that game. I won't soon forget that. He's no CB. He has no business trying to chase down a rcvr in the backfield, but put him in a position to shadow the QB or something. He knows how to tackle and most everyone else out there does not. Goodman, Moore, etc. I'd get rid of the whole bunch and get some used-up and old vets out there or something. Miller shows promise. There's another or two out there who can play D.

I don't think the Broncos played all that bad at times against the Packers. I think it just goes to show you how out of their league they are right now. They better find themselves against the Bolts. I think the Broncos have shown improvement on running the ball and stopping the run. It's just that Rodgers was going to scorch them with his arm last Sunday. We really need a couple of good cornerbacks right now. If not Champ Bailey, get someone off of waivers or something. Meanwhile, we need some bigger D-linemen with long arms to try to knock some throws down.
The face of the team as I see it right now is Tebow b/c that is all a lot of Broncos talk is. Put Tebow in, Play him. Never mind that the defense sucks, John Fox's style of football will not work with that current personnel, and this team is trying to repair the damage McDaniels did.

From a Carolina fan who watched Fox's tenure, Fox's style of football aint gonna work in Denver unless more talent at the Fox positions like RB, OL, and DL is found. When those positions were straight, we were straight.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM

18,139 posts, read 25,671,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My wife won some door prize from her work and she is getting me a Bronco jersey. It's been a long time coming as they informed her they simply could not get the jersey I requested... Darrent Williams. I know a few people in the sports card industry and you're right. Lots of requests for Darrent with nothing available.

So, I told her I could settle for a Dawkins jersey. I'm still waiting. Sean Dawkins- a quality guy on AND off the field!

Champs absence is definitely hurting, it sounds like we'll have him for Sunday's game though. I won't etch that in stone though; I've been wrong before.

I'm giving credit where credit's due to Green Bay. They have great personnel and showed it Sunday. Right now I'd put Aaron Rodgers up there with Tom Brady, Drew Breese and Peyton Manning as the best qb's in the NFL. Actually THE best this year so far! They went into a lull of sorts and then all of a sudden strike quickly and put up touchdowns effortlessly. That's what the great clubs do though.

And two of the guys who can underline that point is Cassius Vaughn and Johnathan Willhite. Aaron took those two to school.

We're just short on overall top personnel and very short on playmakers. Like I've said before, it took us a few years to plummet, it's going to take time to compete with the playoff clubs. Like McGowdog said earlier, we are improving regarding running the ball and stopping the run. Willis got 103 yards rushing, he's proven that the gas tank still has some gas in there. Moreno was basically a pedestrian, with 4 yards on 2 carries.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-06-2011 at 05:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football