Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times

Advertisements

Well! Not sure where to start here-again!

To say Marion Barber would be the game MVP for the Broncos would be calling it about right. How many plays did the Broncos gain on that gaffe at the change of possession? Several. And then there was the fumble but I'll give credit where credit's due here, and that is to linebacker Wesley Woodyard. That was just a great defensive play, with Elvis Dumervil right there to scoop the ball up. But there is one more item that helped the Broncos in a big way, and that was Barber's face mask penalty on Champ Bailey early in the 4th quarter. After a 5 yard (or so) gain, Champ held vertical on Marion, Barber couldn't maneuver past him, both went out of bounds on the Bronco side, and 5 yards and a few seconds later flags were flying. You don't see offensive face mask penalties much, and this this one was out of frustration on Barber's part. And couldn't have come at a worse time, along with the other two issues involving him.

Talk about an inept first quarter. It's been a while since I've seen that many dropped passes, and actually by both clubs, not just Denver. Decker's drops were painful as they were coming in belt high. And Demarius Thomas? It was a few days ago I was singing his praises on this thread as a guy who was finally showing us why he was drafted #1 a couple years ago. Painful-that word describes the post route he ran when the ball went through his hands at the five yard line. Tebow couldn't have put it in any better than he did. Thomas nabs that ball, and Prater converts the short field goal (which was blocked), and Denver goes in at the half 10-zip.

Having said that, I'll say this. Tebow continued to go to Thomas. Again and again. And Thomas responded. It's like Tebow is saying to Thomas, "Forget the first couple quarters, I'm calling your number anyway." He did too. It's little things like that is the reason for his teammates rallying around him. And you can't coach that in a player. That comes from his enthusiasm for the game. Thomas just had one catch at the half, then finished the game with 7 grabs for 78 yards.

And then everything comes alive with a few minutes left in the game.

Britton Colquitt earned his paycheck, and the one return by Devin Hester for 27 yards which looked like it was going all the way, I won't hold that against him. He placed that punt close to the sideline, it was just a heck of a return. The Bears special teamers know how to set up "that fence", and Devin? Well, he's just an amazing punt returner. I can't figure out why he just seem to fit as a wide receiver, going 1 catch for 0 yards.

How clutch is a 59 yard field goal with no time left in regulation? Can you spell Prater-pro bowler? And that kick could have set an NFL record. How do I know? I sit in section 133 row 10, and I'm maybe 60 feet away from the south goal post. And a 51 yarder wins it at the end. Clutch-yep, clutch!

The first 3 quarters Tebow throws for 45 yards, and then here comes the 4th quarter, and with overtime he wraps up the stat with 236 yards passing. Whew!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-13-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Good point H.

I think that was Hester, not Marion, with the offensive facemask. Not 100% though.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:59 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Good point H.

I think that was Hester, not Marion, with the offensive face mask. Not 100% though.
Yep, thanks McG! Devin Hester, yes!That penalty hurt as well!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
[quote=McGowdog;22104269]Same here. The Pats have something like the statistical worst defense in the league based on points given up... I believe.

I'd like to know, can the Pats run the ball on the Broncos? If so, Brady is going to have a field day. He might have a field day anyway, if he doesn't get pressured. The Pats O-line must be doing pretty well. Let's see how they do against the Broncos' D.

/QUOTE]

The Pats give up a bunch of yards, but it is that usual bend but don't break defense. As far as running the ball, the Pats use a running back by committee, with Woodhead, the rookie Ridley and Green-Ellis. BenJarvis Green-Ellis (The Law Firm) is a solid back, who has never fumbled in his 4 seasons in the NFL........that's an insane stat! (hope I didn't jinx him) So if they can get the running game going, that should free up the Gronk to run down the seam, and he is a match-up nightmare.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
I have been thinking that this thread needs a cool name like the other football threads. The marketing slogan the Broncos use is "Broncos Country" so maybe we could put that in the thread name or some variation of that. Any thoughts?????

Last edited by Josseppie; 12-14-2011 at 02:12 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 PM

Since it's HH's shindig, how about Donkey Ball?

I personally like Orange Crush or Mile High Salute or something of that nature.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Those are good ideas too.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:50 PM

417 posts, read 365,570 times
The Denver Tebows

Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Off Topic. Go back to the Packers thread thank you.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:26 PM

417 posts, read 365,570 times
You were asking for name suggestions, and I happen to be a Broncos fan too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football