Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times

Advertisements

Should be a great game, KC will probably play lights out for their "new" coach and for Kyle. I always liked Kyle Orton, thought he might end up in Chgo but KC grabbed him first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
The media is trying to make much of Kyle Orton coming back to town, and even went so far as to try and make it a grudge match between Kyle and Tim.

Somebody commented on how they never talked to each other, but that is not true.

I look forward to the KC game in Denver every year.
Sorry I couldn't comment on the game this week! My plane took off about 20 minutes after kickoff and they didn't have TVs in the seats so I missed the whole thing.

Anyway, I do agree here LarsMac. Stupid media hype. John Fox, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, AND John Elway all said that Orton was incredibly professional about the whole scenario of being booed out of Denver. Sure he looked like he was pouting on the sideline, but he really got the short end of the stick. I was always an Orton supporter as I think he's an excellent passer and incredibly intelligent football-wise. The only problem is that the Broncos young O-line CANNOT drop back and block intelligently. Orton would be pressured every single play, even on quick dumps. The O-line is young, so they are strong and can push forward (which helps the run game immensely) but they are abysmal at dropping back and forming a pocket. Tebow shines when he's chased out of the pocket, which is why he's been better than many have expected. I have very little doubt that Orton could put up monster numbers with Brady or Rodgers' O-lines.

Anyway, I think this week's game is going to be very close. I actually think the Broncos are going to have a very difficult time winning, but we'll see. I hope Orton finds a good home soon, and I hope Tebow performs well enough in what might possibly be the last game of the season that he converts even more naysayers. I still say that he's going to come out of the off-season as a functional passer and his long-term potential is much higher than most people, even his supporters, give him credit for.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I agree with Garfunkel524. It will be a close game. It looks like Brian Dawkins will not play again tomorrow because of the neck injury. In fact, the secondary in general has been dinged up the last couple weeks with Chris Harris (neck), David Bruton (achilles), and Quinton Carter (hamstring) all listed as probable for tomorrows game. Kyle Orton won't be sending us any sympathy cards, for sure. He would like nothing better than a victory here.

It's a big game for Chief Head Coach Romeo Crennel as well. He's well liked amongst his players, I think that's evident from what I've seen on the tube and from what I've read in the Kansas City Star. My own take on him is he might be the right guy for the KC head coaching job regardless of the outcome here.

Denver is going to need everyone to step up-everyone. This is the biggest game we've had in several years. We haven't been relevant in the NFL playoffs since 2005.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-31-2011 at 04:49 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 02:50 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,802 times
Very tense, important game indeed

Please lets start the New Year with a WIN

Old 12-31-2011, 05:14 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
I think we got this one.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:14 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Puke.

I am rooting for the Raiders to score two touchdowns and keeping this pathetic offensively-challenged team from backing into the playoffs.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:21 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Puke.

I am rooting for the Raiders to score two touchdowns and keeping this pathetic offensively-challenged team from backing into the playoffs.
San Diego has got to be sick realizing they are not going to the playoffs and a team without an offense is....sad for them but they dug their own hole.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Good job Denver so they host the Steelers? I am hella celebrating a Raiders elimination too.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:27 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Now the Broncos get to lose one more home game in the wildcard game?

I've got a feeling the Broncos are going to get stomped.

Why not have Tebow run the option for two yards for the 1st down with 16 ticks left?

Pittsburgh! PERFECT.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Now the Broncos get to lose one more home game in the wildcard game?

I've got a feeling the Broncos are going to get stomped.

Why not have Tebow run the option for two yards for the 1st down with 16 ticks left?
? What good would that do? The clock would run out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football