Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 PM

17,876 posts, read 27,269,911 times

Advertisements

I like this acquisition. I always thought the Carolina Panthers and the Jacksonville Jaguars were two of the most successful and best coached expansion teams of any sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sorry, Broncs, you're gonna get Gronked!!!
Hmmm... looks like Gronk got Gronked on that last Hail Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Brady: 6TDS
Tebow: 3 completions
Eli 2, Brady 0. How do you like dim apples?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:41 PM

998 posts, read 1,210,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
2011 Offensive Line Rankings

Denver's Offensive Line is only ranked 23rd. It is a miracle that team made the playoffs. New England's Offensive Line is ranked 2nd. New England's Offensive Line is so good that Brady was never even sacked all game. There is no way in hell that Brady could do better than Tebow if he had Denver's front line. Brady would have had a concussion by halftime.

The Patriots Defense ranks 7th. Denver's ranks almost last. Tebow carried this team.
Like I was saying before in my previous post, Brady was way over rated because he never gets pressure due to the Patriots front line. Just like the in the game against Denver the Pats play entire games where Brady never even comes close to getting sacked due to the awesome front line. Once the Giants finally sacked Brady halfway through the 3rd quarter he folded like a cheap suit. Any QB can look awesome when they have all day to throw. Once the pressure was on him he played like the wuss that he is. It looked like he may have been crying after he got sacked. He played like **** after he got rattled.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:35 PM

18,139 posts, read 25,671,871 times
Today's Denver Post had some real cheery news. This time it's Bronco running back Knoshon Moreno.

He was charged this morning with DUI. He was doing 70 in a 45 mph construction zone in his Bentley. He was also charged with driving without insurance.

AND- last but not least! The report filled out by law enforcement quoted what Moreno had on his vanity plate. It's one word- SAUCED.

DUH!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,957,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I like this acquisition. I always thought the Carolina Panthers and the Jacksonville Jaguars were two of the most successful and best coached expansion teams of any sport.
I have mixed feelings about it. I really liked Dennis Allen and thought he did a very good job with the pieces he had on our defense, and I LOVED that he was a Gregg Williams disciple. I think he also made a poor career choice. Jumping into a head coaching role with only one year of coordinator work is bad enough. Doing that with a highly dysfunctional franchise with very limited resources in the draft is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

I have mixed feelings about the Deli Rio hire.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I have mixed feelings about it.
To me, mixed feelings are watching your ex-Mother-in-Law back off a cliff while driving your newly restored hot-rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I have mixed feelings about it. I have mixed feelings about the Deli Rio hire.
Really? How so?

Old 02-12-2012, 06:53 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,075,831 times
^^^LOL

Quote:
To me, mixed feelings are watching your ex-Mother-in-Law back off a cliff while driving your newly restored hot-rod.

Now there's a thought

Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,957,195 times
Quote:
Hahaha...well played sir!

Quote:
Really? How so?
Well, because much like Fox, he tends to run a pretty vanilla defense...lots of cover 2 and 3, sometimes with rolls and brackets. They can be effective, no doubt, but it's just not my preferred style. I liked Allen because he ran Gregg Williams' defense, which is an aggressive, attacking zone blitz style. Think Pittsburgh's or Green Bay's defense, only this time run out of a 4 man front.

On the other hand, maybe having a weapon like Von Miller will ensure that we still see that aggressive defense.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM

3,970 posts, read 7,666,158 times
Broncos announcing today they've put the franchise tag on Matt Prater!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,443,520 times
I for one am surprised to hear the Broncos are going after Manning. Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree with them getting a new QB as Tebow will not take them anywhere, but I thought for sure Tebow would be starting at least one more year after he lucked into the wins he had last year.

With that said, I have no idea where Manning will go, and it will be fascinating to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football