U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 PM

2,834 posts, read 2,662,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I have mixed feelings on Peyton being a serious prospect for the Broncos. I'd love for him to bring us to the playoffs and maybe more a few times, but I was excited for Tebow to be a "homegrown" franchise QB. I think he has a good chance for success but it's taking him a while to develop (the lockout didn't help). On the other hand, Manning is on his last legs and the Broncos will be in the same spot they're in now in just a couple years. I also really worry about his health because the Broncos line can't protect him. I'm not necessarily worried for the good of the team, more that I don't want to see a legend suffer a horrific career-ending injury under the Broncos' subpar line.

I guess in my mind obtaining Peyton Manning is like buying a post-seasaon spot, whereas keeping Tebow is more like earning one. Either way I think they are both good options.
Don't want Peyton...want to see more Tebow...Yep Im one of "them"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,455,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Don't want Peyton...want to see more Tebow...Yep Im one of "them"!
I don't think you have to worry about it much longer. Word is from insiders that Denver might be on the outs. Now it's looking like Tenn or SF.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 AM

2,834 posts, read 2,662,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I don't think you have to worry about it much longer. Word is from insiders that Denver might be on the outs. Now it's looking like Tenn or SF.
I guess I Weird. I would rather see Tebow, and would give up the Superbow if it meant rejecting Manningl. There have been nealy 46 of those...each year I could care less and less. I want to see a person who I can call a good example as a human for once. Tebows games are "different and exciting" and I love the way it pisses of John Elway...who, it turns out, isnt such a great human being. Cheated on his wife, and screwed his business partners. I don't want to rent Peyton for a 2 or 3 years...his heart is really not in Denver anyway, its with the Colts where he was home grown. Tebow earned his spot...give him at least one more year. If he blows it...HE blows it. If he does go 3-13 Denver ends up with a better draft pick right? Am I missing something (im sure most of you think I am)?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:38 AM

3,214 posts, read 4,179,249 times
Quote:
I guess I Weird. I would rather see Tebow, and would give up the Superbow if it meant rejecting Manningl. There have been nealy 46 of those...each year I could care less and less. I want to see a person who I can call a good example as a human for once. Tebows games are "different and exciting" and I love the way it pisses of John Elway...who, it turns out, isnt such a great human being. Cheated on his wife, and screwed his business partners. I don't want to rent Peyton for a 2 or 3 years...his heart is really not in Denver anyway, its with the Colts where he was home grown. Tebow earned his spot...give him at least one more year. If he blows it...HE blows it. If he does go 3-13 Denver ends up with a better draft pick right? Am I missing something (im sure most of you think I am)?
So in essence you're putting Tebow ahead of the team. They aren't the Denver Tebows. I get it, Tim's a nice guy, but so is Peyton Manning.

Welcome to the Peyton Manning Children

The difference between the two? Manning can play QB and Tebow can't. Tebow's more than just "a bit off." Following up one accurate pass with half a dozen air and dirt balls doesn't mean he's on his way.

Tim's supposed to be focusing on developing his timing and mechanics and other than a week or 2 with Noel Mazzone, the only time you hear about him he's galavanting across the country, hanging out with the Hollywood types, and signing management deals with the William Morris agency. Sounds like Book Tour 2.0 to me.

Last year's games were not exciting for me. A good Bronco team wouldn't have had to pull all those last-second miracles out of their rear-ends (most of them against really bad teams). A good Bronco team doesn't lose at home when the defense only allows 7 points.

2011 wasn't destiny, it was the culmination of a weak schedule, a weak division, and a whole lot of luck. I can't believe Bronco fans have had their expectations lowered to the point where 8-8 is a good year. This isn't the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We've been to 5 Superbowls for crying out loud.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:16 AM

17,579 posts, read 21,221,260 times
Quote:
You don't consider Manning a person you can all a good example as a human? And most fans would trade pretty much anything for a SB win.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
This isn't the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We've been to 5 Superbowls for crying out loud.
Gah...my Broncos Fan card needs to be temporarily revoked. We've been to 6 Superbowls, not 5.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:39 PM

13,232 posts, read 12,429,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm a little surprised that the 49ers have popped in here, but maybe I shouldn't be. I always felt there was a team that would come in out of nowhere and join in on the bidding. That's what I thought of Tennessee at first but it's natural for them to be involved due to Manning's association with the university. The 49ers on the other hand have not signed Alex Smith though.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 PM

1,065 posts, read 591,119 times
Denver is one of the only places that could go bad for Manning . If Tebow is sitting and the Broncos are loosing games ? Mannings fault or not ...

If Tebow goes to Jacksonville , does his Tebowing , loving every needy kid , every human loving him thing . Then Manning gets hurt , on Sunday , after watching Tebow on TV , the Bronco fans will ...

Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Denver is one of the only places that could go bad for Manning . If Tebow is sitting and the Broncos are loosing games ? Mannings fault or not ...

If Tebow goes to Jacksonville , does his Tebowing , loving every needy kid , every human loving him thing . Then Manning gets hurt , on Sunday , after watching Tebow on TV , the Bronco fans will ...
If Manning comes to Denver and Tebow is still here, Bronco fans will be fine with Tebow riding the pine. Bronco fans aren't the problem, the Tebow adherents are.

As a Bronco fan I'm exhausted by the Tebow Circus. His bang-to-hype ratio is severely out of whack. He was statistically one of the worst QBs in the league last season, yet he gets coverage like Tom Brady. It's sickening.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:55 PM

1,065 posts, read 591,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If Manning comes to Denver and Tebow is still here, Bronco fans will be fine with Tebow riding the pine. Bronco fans aren't the problem, the Tebow adherents are.

As a Bronco fan I'm exhausted by the Tebow Circus. His bang-to-hype ratio is severely out of whack. He was statistically one of the worst QBs in the league last season, yet he gets coverage like Tom Brady. It's sickening.
Here is a story ...
I gave up watching football 100% when people in NJ were loosing their houses to high taxes and bad borrowing and the state of NJ gave land and billions of dollars of our taxes to billionaires to build a new stadium for the GIANTS/ jets , to play in .
I live in NJ , I am a Giants fan .
The re induction of Vick the dog killing gambling ring owning drug dealing felon , followed by a call from Obama patting the Eagles owner on the back for helping the fine kid was the Icing on the cake .
One fine day I saw Tebow play vs Miami , I saw him again vs the Jets , I loved him . Not that he won , but how he played the game . I followed him on the Internet and got hooked.
I forgave the Giants , ( its only billions ) , not Vick . I like football again.

zzzzzzzzzzzz that was wordy but I don't think I'm the only one. Tebow gives out energy , he makes people feel good when they cheer for him because you are sure he is a good guy.

Manning is loved for winning , he better do that in Denver or people will need meds .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football