U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 AM

3,854 posts, read 5,227,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
This isn't the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We've been to 5 Superbowls for crying out loud.
Gah...my Broncos Fan card needs to be temporarily revoked. We've been to 6 Superbowls, not 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 11:39 AM

13,755 posts, read 14,065,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I don't think you have to worry about it much longer. Word is from insiders that Denver might be on the outs. Now it's looking like Tenn or SF.
I'm a little surprised that the 49ers have popped in here, but maybe I shouldn't be. I always felt there was a team that would come in out of nowhere and join in on the bidding. That's what I thought of Tennessee at first but it's natural for them to be involved due to Manning's association with the university. The 49ers on the other hand have not signed Alex Smith though.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:31 PM

1,065 posts, read 667,875 times
Denver is one of the only places that could go bad for Manning . If Tebow is sitting and the Broncos are loosing games ? Mannings fault or not ...

If Tebow goes to Jacksonville , does his Tebowing , loving every needy kid , every human loving him thing . Then Manning gets hurt , on Sunday , after watching Tebow on TV , the Bronco fans will ...

Old 03-18-2012, 02:35 PM

3,854 posts, read 5,227,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Denver is one of the only places that could go bad for Manning . If Tebow is sitting and the Broncos are loosing games ? Mannings fault or not ...

If Tebow goes to Jacksonville , does his Tebowing , loving every needy kid , every human loving him thing . Then Manning gets hurt , on Sunday , after watching Tebow on TV , the Bronco fans will ...
If Manning comes to Denver and Tebow is still here, Bronco fans will be fine with Tebow riding the pine. Bronco fans aren't the problem, the Tebow adherents are.

As a Bronco fan I'm exhausted by the Tebow Circus. His bang-to-hype ratio is severely out of whack. He was statistically one of the worst QBs in the league last season, yet he gets coverage like Tom Brady. It's sickening.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM

1,065 posts, read 667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If Manning comes to Denver and Tebow is still here, Bronco fans will be fine with Tebow riding the pine. Bronco fans aren't the problem, the Tebow adherents are.

As a Bronco fan I'm exhausted by the Tebow Circus. His bang-to-hype ratio is severely out of whack. He was statistically one of the worst QBs in the league last season, yet he gets coverage like Tom Brady. It's sickening.
Here is a story ...
I gave up watching football 100% when people in NJ were loosing their houses to high taxes and bad borrowing and the state of NJ gave land and billions of dollars of our taxes to billionaires to build a new stadium for the GIANTS/ jets , to play in .
I live in NJ , I am a Giants fan .
The re induction of Vick the dog killing gambling ring owning drug dealing felon , followed by a call from Obama patting the Eagles owner on the back for helping the fine kid was the Icing on the cake .
One fine day I saw Tebow play vs Miami , I saw him again vs the Jets , I loved him . Not that he won , but how he played the game . I followed him on the Internet and got hooked.
I forgave the Giants , ( its only billions ) , not Vick . I like football again.

zzzzzzzzzzzz that was wordy but I don't think I'm the only one. Tebow gives out energy , he makes people feel good when they cheer for him because you are sure he is a good guy.

Manning is loved for winning , he better do that in Denver or people will need meds .

Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM

2,701 posts, read 2,254,221 times
Peyton is a Bronco:

2012 NFL free agency -- Barring snag, Peyton Manning picks Denver Broncos, sources say - ESPN Chicago

Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM

545 posts, read 335,577 times
Glad to see Peyton as a Bronco, oh well, the weather argument goes right out the window. Broncos should win their division.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM

19,428 posts, read 16,874,115 times
This is awesome news and I hope they can work Tebow in at slot.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM

5,287 posts, read 4,577,405 times
This is a good move no matter what. Even if Manning gets hurt, its hard to fault Denver for taking a shot on an all time great.

Also I heard a report that Broncos are toying with giving up the 1st rounder for Mike Wallace from the Steelers. That would be a very good move imo

Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 AM

3,729 posts, read 5,109,852 times
Great news! Now I just hope denver can get jeff saturday! Rehab your knee eric decker!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football