U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,298,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Really you are asking this question? 36 years old and has had 4 neck surgeries-which by the way if he gets hit a certain way he will be paralyzed? Umm yeah he is a has been..he will NEVER be the quarterback he was
Nearly every medical professional I've heard, along with a few former NFL players who endured a similar procedure (e.g. Joe Montana), indicated that paralysis due to a hit shouldn't be much of a concern. His neck should be a strong as ever. Of course, even players who've never endured a neck surgery could suffer a paralyzing hit.

What's clear, and even Manning has admitted as much, is that his arm strength is not back to 100%. He still needs time for the nerve to regenerate. We'll see how that goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 11:24 AM

758 posts, read 786,191 times
So since the Broncos traded Tebow away for a 4th round pick, I say that the Broncos drafting Tebow in the first round was a stupid and waste pick

Old 03-21-2012, 04:59 PM

4,059 posts, read 3,396,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Nearly every medical professional I've heard, along with a few former NFL players who endured a similar procedure (e.g. Joe Montana), indicated that paralysis due to a hit shouldn't be much of a concern. His neck should be a strong as ever. Of course, even players who've never endured a neck surgery could suffer a paralyzing hit.

What's clear, and even Manning has admitted as much, is that his arm strength is not back to 100%. He still needs time for the nerve to regenerate. We'll see how that goes.

We will see...but I don't see Peyton being much of a force...

Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 PM

9,213 posts, read 8,321,670 times
He can't do it by himself, he has to have a supporting cast! I don't get all the negativity about him.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 PM

18,410 posts, read 16,345,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Already selling manning jerserys on the website! how strange and exciting at the same time! It all seems so surreal. I'm going to cheer them on as always. No matter what happens. If Tebow was still our QB, I would still look forward to the season and be excited for some Bronco football. I don't have any unreal expectations, I'm just going to root for my team and support them no matter what!!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 PM

3,768 posts, read 5,536,251 times
Tebow to the Jets. Hmmmm..... don't know how I feel about that. I hope the team embraces him and supports him. I guess some not so nice comments have been made already. It's too bad, because he was already familiar with Denver and all of the components here. Now, he has the added pressure of a new team, new teammates, learning a new offense and improving his throwing skills. I just wish him well, I would have loved for him to stay here. I feel like this is such a unique situation, it hits a little harder because it's "my" team.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM

9,156 posts, read 16,656,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
So since the Broncos traded Tebow away for a 4th round pick, I say that the Broncos drafting Tebow in the first round was a stupid and waste pick
I think they get a 6th round pick too and they get rid of 2.5 million bucks in cap space and Tim Tebow did take a 4-12 team to a playoff winning team, so you could say that... but I'd disagree with you.

Tebow has played something like 16 starts so far so... I think it's a little early to throw dirt on him just yet.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:54 PM

4,350 posts, read 6,168,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think they get a 6th round pick too and they get rid of 2.5 million bucks in cap space and Tim Tebow did take a 4-12 team to a playoff winning team, so you could say that... but I'd disagree with you.

Tebow has played something like 16 starts so far so... I think it's a little early to throw dirt on him just yet.
If Tebow were on the same plane skill-wise with his counterparts I might agree with you but going into his 3rd season he still lags behind college QBs at passing the football. At the rate he's progressing, next year's draft class will be ahead of him as well.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM

966 posts, read 2,662,564 times
The Bronco fan base has just been expanded by millions.
Next time folks from Denver visits eastern TN they will be shocked to see the amount of Bronco's garb they will see.
I expect a lot of it to be around Indy too.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 AM

3,141 posts, read 2,751,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
If Tebow were on the same plane skill-wise with his counterparts I might agree with you but going into his 3rd season he still lags behind college QBs at passing the football. At the rate he's progressing, next year's draft class will be ahead of him as well.
I agree with McGowdog here. Not enough starts and never had a full offseason of work anticipating starts. I was actually very excited to see how he improves over this offseason for the Broncos. Unfortunately he's probably not going to be throwing all that much for that loudmouth coaching the Jets. I would still be willing to bet that with training he'll become an excellent QB the likes of which is rarely seen in the NFL. Maybe one day he would even be considered elite, impossible to predict. Unfortunately teams don't want him to play to his strengths so he's going to get stuck in a glorified Wildcat role.

Excited to see Peyton this year, but really worried about him getting hurt. I'm hoping for some big improvements in protection, but with the way they played last year a Denver QB's legs are every bit as important as their arm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football