U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 04:57 PM

11,528 posts, read 17,072,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
** Weather Alert **

Saturday going to be a high of 18 degrees in Denver, real feel temp of 10 w/a chance of snow showers....

Nice...
I was going to post about this as well. Only thing I can say is bundle up kids because its going to be cold! I am in the club level so if the game is not close I might spend part of the second half inside next to the fire place having a warm drink and watching the game on the big screen tv. However, if the game is close I will spend every moment outside being as loud as I can.

Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM

3,799 posts, read 5,825,358 times
You get to be warm, by the fireplace sipping a beverage?? I'm so jealous!! I'll be in the upper level freezing my !@$&*@$*'s off!! , I was so no thrilled when I heard that forecast. I hope they pipe in some freezing air during practices! I don't know how much experience Peyton has playing in those temperatures. The last Bronco game was tough and it was in the upper 30's I think, so being half that, yikes! I think the coldest game I've been to was a Broncos/Chiefs game in KC, it was like 20-something. Eventually you just go numb!!
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I was going to post about this as well. Only thing I can say is bundle up kids because its going to be cold! I am in the club level so if the game is not close I might spend part of the second half inside next to the fire place having a warm drink and watching the game on the big screen tv. However, if the game is close I will spend every moment outside being as loud as I can.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 AM

8,844 posts, read 7,854,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
You get to be warm, by the fireplace sipping a beverage?? I'm so jealous!! I'll be in the upper level freezing my !@$&*@$*'s off!! , I was so no thrilled when I heard that forecast. I hope they pipe in some freezing air during practices! I don't know how much experience Peyton has playing in those temperatures. The last Bronco game was tough and it was in the upper 30's I think, so being half that, yikes! I think the coldest game I've been to was a Broncos/Chiefs game in KC, it was like 20-something. Eventually you just go numb!!
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much discussion has been made of Manning's record and performances away from a dome. People try to argue that he is not as good outside. But what they fail to consider is that EVERY QB in the league will develop a noticeable split in his performances over time when playing at home and away from home. In Manning's case, home happened to be inside a dome for a long time. I'm not a stats guy but I would be willing to bet that his home/away splits are not really any worse than any other. If you really wanted to get a better idea of his indoor/outdoor performances, you could gather all the data of all his road games throughout his career and compare those played indoors with those played outdoors.

TRANSLATION: I am not worried at all about the cold. Yes, it will be cold, but these players have all done this before. It is not like it will be any warmer on the Ravens sideline either, so the enemy has to play in the exact same conditions as do the Broncos.

I am ready for this game to start already!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM

4,453 posts, read 2,635,232 times
Yeah, the cold shouldn't be a factor for Denver. They'll be fine. I do however believe that the altitude will be a huge advantaege, as the Ravens play at sea-level.

I remember watching Troy Polamalu need oxygen in the 1st quarter here in Denver earlier this year. The bad guys can't breath up here. If the Broncos can put together some long drives in the first half, and maybe even run some hurry up, that Ravens defense will be sucking wind late in the game.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM

11,528 posts, read 17,072,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yeah, the cold shouldn't be a factor for Denver. They'll be fine. I do however believe that the altitude will be a huge advantaege, as the Ravens play at sea-level.

I remember watching Troy Polamalu need oxygen in the 1st quarter here in Denver earlier this year. The bad guys can't breath up here. If the Broncos can put together some long drives in the first half, and maybe even run some hurry up, that Ravens defense will be sucking wind late in the game.
Agreed. Denver has two big advantages. 1) how loud we are and 2) our altitude. By second half you will see it impact the Ravens defense.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM

9,454 posts, read 8,973,722 times
Can't wait for these games to start! Good luck, Bronco fans! Going to the game sounds great, especially club level!

Some friends are going with Packers.com fan tours to San Fran, sounds fun. I've been fighting horrible sinus, ear issues since November, can't get on a plane for a long flight! They are looking for a 4th person!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM

very true! I know these guys are pros!!! I'm just "willing" them to do well and not let the temp affect them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Much discussion has been made of Manning's record and performances away from a dome. People try to argue that he is not as good outside. But what they fail to consider is that EVERY QB in the league will develop a noticeable split in his performances over time when playing at home and away from home. In Manning's case, home happened to be inside a dome for a long time. I'm not a stats guy but I would be willing to bet that his home/away splits are not really any worse than any other. If you really wanted to get a better idea of his indoor/outdoor performances, you could gather all the data of all his road games throughout his career and compare those played indoors with those played outdoors.

TRANSLATION: I am not worried at all about the cold. Yes, it will be cold, but these players have all done this before. It is not like it will be any warmer on the Ravens sideline either, so the enemy has to play in the exact same conditions as do the Broncos.

I am ready for this game to start already!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Hopefully you'll feel better by Feb, so you can make the flight to Nawlins! , Just kidding! I don't like thinking that far ahead, just want success for the team week to week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Can't wait for these games to start! Good luck, Bronco fans! Going to the game sounds great, especially club level!

Some friends are going with Packers.com fan tours to San Fran, sounds fun. I've been fighting horrible sinus, ear issues since November, can't get on a plane for a long flight! They are looking for a 4th person!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM

9,433 posts, read 17,701,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I've been fighting horrible sinus, ear issues since November, can't get on a plane for a long flight! They are looking for a 4th person!
Z-pack.

Given the temps we've had over the last couple of weeks, 20 ain't that bad.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM

14,552 posts, read 16,702,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Z-pack.

Given the temps we've had over the last couple of weeks, 20 ain't that bad.
Agreed. On the other side of the hills, over the last ten days, on 6 of those days we just did HIT 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football