Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 12:09 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,854 times

Advertisements

Perhaps after each touchdown the team that scored should crawl over to the sideline and just take a nap. Will that please the NFL Gods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 04:16 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,962,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Perhaps after each touchdown the team that scored should crawl over to the sideline and just take a nap. Will that please the NFL Gods?
That's what the fans will be doing if Goodell isn't careful.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,401,981 times
Can't remember where I read yesterday that the Mile High Salute is fine as long as it is directed toward fans (maybe the Broncos website?).....

Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Broncos released their first depth chart today and I was a bit surprised to see Hillman ahead of Ball to open things up. I suppose at this stage it doesn't make that much of a difference. I do hope to see Ball get some work with the first team, though.

The pre-season officially begins today with the HOF game. I am hoping for an injury-free pre-season. The team has already been a little banged up and lost some players to injuries through training camp. Let's have an injury-free season from here!

Go Broncos!
Barring spectacular circumstances, Moreno and Ball will open the year as 1A/1B. Even despite bulking up, Hillman doesn't have the frame to be the every down back in this league. He's also very mediocre as a blocker and receiver. Moreno is a tough runner when healthy and borderline elite receiver and blocker, both of which are crucial in this offense.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,063,218 times
DENVER -- Broncos linebacker Von Miller, already facing an appeal hearing with league officials Thursday over a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, was arrested Sunday on an outstanding traffic warrant.

Team officials confirmed Miller was arrested Sunday at the Centennial Gun Club, a facility that's near the Broncos' practice facility in south suburban Denver. Miller was arrested for failing to appear for a court appearance from an October traffic stop in which he was charged with careless driving, driving without a license and no proof of insurance.

"We have been aware of the matter involving Von Miller's failure to appear in court for traffic violations," the team said in a statement. "It was reported to the league earlier this week and is being handled through the legal system."

His original court date had been scheduled for Dec. 31.

Miller was released on a $1,000 bond Sunday, an off day for the Broncos.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 PM

Looks like Derrick Wolfe got injured on the Seahawks' opening drive. This is bad news. They strapped him to a stretcher and were not taking any chances. I hope it's overkill. Losing Wolfe is going to be a major setback for this team, considering the loss of Doom and Von's suspension.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,401,981 times
Hope Wolfe is ok...don't like to see anyone carted off by ambulance.

As to the rest of the game so far? SMH

Old 08-17-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hope Wolfe is ok...don't like to see anyone carted off by ambulance.

As to the rest of the game so far? SMH
The Wolfe injury is bad. The rest of the game...eh, it's preseason. I don't think the coaching staff puts much game planning into any but the third preseason game. It looks like they are really trying to work out the ground game, which I am happy to see. Offensively there really isn't much I'm worried about. The Broncos are playing it pretty vanilla. I'd prefer to see the defense look a lot better than they do, even in a preseason game. Then again, defensively they are playing it pretty vanilla as well. The injury to Wolfe remains to me the biggest concern coming out of this game.

Osweiler coming in as I write. Nice.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:34 PM

8,602 posts, read 14,823,764 times
Biggest concern I have coming out of the first two preseason games is the Broncos complete lack of depth on either side of the ball. I suspect that the running game is gonna suck this year.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:37 AM

I'm not ready to write off the ground ge just yet. Injuries to the O-line make it hard to keep chemistry flowing, not to mention it is only week 2 of the pre-season. Plus you can't entirely write off the Seahawks defense. They are good, no doubt. Offensively health of the players is the biggest concern. The run game will be fine. The line will solidify with more time playing together. I am confident we are goon to see good things put of Ball and Hillman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football