Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 07:42 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

Champ Bailey reportedly wearing a boot and using crutches is not a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 07:58 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Didn't see that report. That's lovely. Defense is falling apart on us. Ugh I hate pre-season games!

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Well, the best thing I can say is that I'm glad this is the preseason. If the final score of 40-10 was because of lots of points scored in the second half, I wouldn't have cared one way or the other.

The Derek Wolfe situation is certainly concerning. According to USA Today tests turned out negative which is a good thing. He was able to fly home with the team. I was really looking forward to see how he was going to progress this season. Peyton went 11 of 16 for 163 yards. AFAIC he held up his end. Julius Thomas's first fumble was indeed a disappointment but actually looked good otherwise. I'd still liked to have seen another angle regarding Ronnie Hillman's fumble at the goal line. But what happened AFTER the fumble and the subsequent 106 yard fumble return, well that was just inexcusable. And I'm pretty sure THAT will be addressed at the team meeting.

The turnovers are concerning. The injuries are very concerning. But like I said earlier, thankfully this is the preseason.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-18-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 11:48 AM

HH you are dead on regarding the Hilman fumble in the end zone. It didn't seem like they gave the position of the ball before he fumbled enough fidelity. Perhaps they did but it certainly seemed like they didn't. NFL network picked up the Seahawks telecast and those amateurs certainly didn't show every angle. They also went to a commercial break in the middle of a broncos offensive series. Couldn't believe it.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:00 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey is dealing with a serious foot sprain, according to a source informed of his injury. That's not ideal, but Bailey avoided a fracture or tear, as some feared. He faces a recovery time of several weeks, according to the source.

The Broncos also announced that Wes Welker suffered a mild right ankle sprain against the Seahawks. He should be fine for the opener.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 AM

Just read on ESPN the Broncos expect Wolfe, Bailey, Vasquez, and Welker to be ready for the season opener. This is really good news. Let's hope this team gets through the remainder of the preseason healthy and without any more scares like this!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Well, it's going to be an interesting season, I'm afraid. From the bad to worse news, here we go.

Am watching the tube now and Chris Mortenson of ESPN is reporting that Von Miller is now facing a SIX game suspension, not four as what was reported earlier.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
I think we can stop all the Super Bowl talk today. With Miller potentially out for 6 games the Broncos had better simply focus on winning the AFC West. The Chiefs are now primed to upset the apple cart.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I think we can stop all the Super Bowl talk today. With Miller potentially out for 6 games the Broncos had better simply focus on winning the AFC West. The Chiefs are now primed to upset the apple cart.
The super bowl talk was premature, no doubt. But so is talk of the chiefs upsetting the broncos for the division title. Miller is a good player but he is one man. These broncos still have the best offense in the division (likely conference) and it isn't like their defense is going to be horrible sans Miller. It is still the beat defense overall in the AFC West. Losing Miller does not help, but it by no means derails the team's goals for the season. I am willing to bet the team is no worse than 4-2 through his suspension.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The super bowl talk was premature, no doubt. But so is talk of the chiefs upsetting the broncos for the division title. Miller is a good player but he is one man. These broncos still have the best offense in the division (likely conference) and it isn't like their defense is going to be horrible sans Miller. It is still the beat defense overall in the AFC West. Losing Miller does not help, but it by no means derails the team's goals for the season. I am willing to bet the team is no worse than 4-2 through his suspension.
The Broncos pass rush took a huge hit when Dumervil departed. Shaun Phillips < Elvis Dumervil. If Miller's out 6 games the Broncos pass rush will likely disappear, and don't look now but Denver's secondary still sucks. Champ's lost more than a step and need I mention Rahim Moore is still back there at safety?

The Broncos will undoubtedly have the best offense in the AFC West, but I won't be surprised if the running game blows chunks. The NFL may be a passing league, but do you really want Peyton Manning putting it up 35-40 times a game at this point in his career because Hillman, Moreno, and Montee Ball can't get it done toting the rock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football