Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Redemption would be him making a key play in a big game, as in the playoffs. Not making a good hit in the first game of the season. Apart from Billy Cundiff missing the FG in the AFC title game a couple of years ago, his blown coverage was perhaps the biggest playoff screw up in the last 15 years.
Whatever, I don't really feel he has to redeem himself anyway, he had a great season last year, and he is a great player. I don't put too much stock in that play, many factors led to it, and aggressive coaching could have kept the ball out of Flacco's hands, do you think that John Fox has to redeem himself?

Yeah, he could have done one thing different during one play, and it could have won the game for the Broncos... same can be said for pretty much every player and coach.

I never crucified him for that play, so redemption is easy to achieve in my eyes.

ETA: It may not be a crucial game, but if you look at the score and down that hit was on, it was important to the outcome of the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So I guess that Manning guy is pretty good.
He is ok.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:03 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Whatever, I don't really feel he has to redeem himself anyway, he had a great season last year, and he is a great player. I don't put too much stock in that play, many factors led to it, and aggressive coaching could have kept the ball out of Flacco's hands, do you think that John Fox has to redeem himself?

Yeah, he could have done one thing different during one play, and it could have won the game for the Broncos... same can be said for pretty much every player and coach.

I never crucified him for that play, so redemption is easy to achieve in my eyes.

ETA: It may not be a crucial game, but if you look at the score and down that hit was on, it was important to the outcome of the game.
Kind of an odd post since you are the one that brought up redemption. And to answer your question I think plenty of people think John Fox really messed up and needs to redeem himself.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Kind of an odd post since you are the one that brought up redemption. And to answer your question I think plenty of people think John Fox really messed up and needs to redeem himself.

I brought up redemption because I think it is funny. I think people like you are funny.

You see, I don't base my opinion of a player or a coach on a single play or even a single game, do you honestly believe that play negated all the really good plays that Rahim Moore has made in his career?

"This player owes me because he made a single mistake in a game." Never mind the fact that they were the second best defense in the league last year. Never mind the fact that Rahim Moore did a lot to get the Broncos into that game in the first place. (Same with John Fox.)

Yeah, they need to redeem themselves for having a really good year!

Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I brought up redemption because I think it is funny. I think people like you are funny.

You see, I don't base my opinion of a player or a coach on a single play or even a single game, do you honestly believe that play negated all the really good plays that Rahim Moore has made in his career?

"This player owes me because he made a single mistake in a game." Never mind the fact that they were the second best defense in the league last year. Never mind the fact that Rahim Moore did a lot to get the Broncos into that game in the first place. (Same with John Fox.)

Yeah, they need to redeem themselves for having a really good year!

So you bring up redemption and then when other people respond to it you seem to take issue with it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

At the end of the day the goal is to win superbowls. When you make big mistakes that prevent that it tends to overshadow having a "good year".

Old 09-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
So you bring up redemption and then when other people respond to it you seem to take issue with it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

At the end of the day the goal is to win superbowls. When you make big mistakes that prevent that it tends to overshadow having a "good year".
Again, the post in which I brought up redemption was slightly sarcastic humor, as I don't feel like he has to redeem himself. You took issue with that, and I explained my position... what is the problem here?

"If you don't win the superbowl you had a bad year and must seek redemption." And this must apply to all players since Moore's was not the only mistake that led to that loss, right?

Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Again, the post in which I brought up redemption was slightly sarcastic humor, as I don't feel like he has to redeem himself. You took issue with that, and I explained my position... what is the problem here?

"If you don't win the superbowl you had a bad year and must seek redemption." And this must apply to all players since Moore's was not the only mistake that led to that loss, right?
So now it was "slightly sarcastic". Which means it was mostly serious. Just sounds like you are backpedaling at this point.

Plenty of players and coaches should be seeking redemption after that game. They blew it. Big time.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So now it was "slightly sarcastic". Which means it was mostly serious. Just sounds like you are backpedaling at this point.

Plenty of players and coaches should be seeking redemption after that game. They blew it. Big time.
Jesus, did somebody crap in your Wheaties this morning? What is your issue? Trying to catch me "backpedaling" and such, ha ha. Dude, read my posts...

Quote:
Quote:
Again, the post in which I brought up redemption was slightly sarcastic humor
Seems like I have consistently maintained that it was posted as tongue in cheek humor. And I maintain that it was a light-hearted jab at fans like you who like to get steamed and demand redemption.

I may not be who you are looking to talk to as I am not interested in getting all huffy and puffy and arguing about arguing. "You backpedaled!" ROFL.

So you are saying that he needs redemption like most of the players on the team and pretty much any starter in the NFL who did not win a superbowl last year... cool

Old 09-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Doesn't matter to me. I'm don't even like the Broncos. But certainly the concept of "seeking redemption" when you make a terrible play that leads to a terrible loss is nothing new.

As for your comment we will just have to agree to disagree. Personally it sounds like once someone called out your comment you changed your tune.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter to me. I'm don't even like the Broncos. But certainly the concept of "seeking redemption" when you make a terrible play that leads to a terrible loss is nothing new.

As for your comment we will just have to agree to disagree. Personally it sounds like once someone called out your comment you changed your tune.
Yeah, I know that concept, and I think it is silly, that is why I poked fun at it.

Agree to disagree all you want, truth is I never changed my tone. If you can't comprehend the context of what I said, and also refuse to believe me when I tell you at point blank that it was a joke... that is YOUR problem, not mine. Why would I be serious about his redemption when I think the whole redemption concept is silly?

Personally it sounds like you take yourself and this forum way too seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football