U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,335,002 times

Advertisements

One thing is for sure, you can say and talk all you want about the Patriots and the whole spygate thing, but the bottom line is the Trophies are still in New England and they are still the most successful team of this decade. Thats not debatable.

Back on topic.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM

13,613 posts, read 13,588,719 times
Will go a little further on this later tonight but have a quick observation on this.

When you have a car that is breaking down on you, what do you do? You fix it. When the transmission is locked up,won't downshift, and the brakes worn down to metal on metal, what do you do-replace the engine? No, you overhaul the transmission, and replace the brake drums and pads.

Denver couldn't stop a '59 Edsel for half the season. By the last month of the season not only was the transmission out but so were the brakes. The engine was running fine but the brakes and the tranny lost the last few games of the season.

The new owner of this car hasn't read the owners manual to it. He may not even have a manual to it at all. Maybe he is using the owners manual of the last vehicle he drove, but the Bronco engine he has now has overheated.

So has the fanbase.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-01-2009 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM

8,511 posts, read 14,671,999 times
Very good analogy, HH. Along those lines, I just blew a head gasket. Then I decided to not get mad. What's another couple of few more years before the Broncos get back on top and enact some revenge on those chowds... remember that last game? Nothing like getting kicked when you're down.

But that's cool. We'll wait.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM

723 posts, read 1,846,440 times
Its nice having a head coach whose last job was to crouch under Blowchuck's desk and give him Monicas.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 PM

McG - I forgot to return the rep. Your Jets post deserved and received it!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Oh thank you! See, even rivals can root for each other once in a while.

I'm still amazed at what Miami almost pulled off this last season; and what the refs did for the... I won't go there.

Go Broncos!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM

HH - I love your passion for your team. I can relate to any fan with your love for your team, but I think your anaology is not a fair one. Comparing a broken car to a football team is apples to oranges. People and machines work on 2 totally different premesies. 1 I agree McDaniel and Bowlen should address your efense ( I skipped the D because there was none in Denver last year). That said They also have to look at every possibility to improve the team over all. If trading cutler nabbed them a top DL or LB and a great pick, they have to be able to explore that or ANY other possibility. If they would have traded for Cassell and gotten him and a pick that they could use on a defensive player why not look at it? Should they have been more honest with HIM....100% yes, but in the long run he shouldnt be so sensetive either. If Joe Montana can get traded and Emmitt Smith can get traded what makes Cutler so special to think he couldnt be?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM

723 posts, read 1,846,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Its nice having a head coach whose last job was to crouch under Blowchuck's desk and give him Monicas.
I forgot to add that Mile High is going to be a very dangerous place...I'm talking to you McDaniels, you audacious little c%#@*

Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 PM

To be honest, I'm a life long Patriots fan but I have no ill will for the Broncos. I actually root for them out west because I was always a fan of Ed Mcaffrey. That guy was class!

In regards to Miami....reality will set back in this year. Brady is back, the Mangina is gone in NY and the Bills have improved the offense with TO and they dont have the soft schedule they had last year. I think that a great deal of things fell into place for them to win the division last year and I congratulate them for winning because in the end thats all that matters , but I dont think they will do the same in 09.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
... but in the long run he shouldnt be so sensetive either. If Joe Montana can get traded and Emmitt Smith can get traded what makes Cutler so special to think he couldnt be?
Cutler could have behaved better for sure. But I'm not gonna fault him for taking a stand and wanting to win. So he's a crybaby. That's a lot better than being a team cancer like 2 or Randy Moss (prior to Viking/Raider days... I think he's a reformed human being now and a wicked threat on the gridiron) or a murderer (allegedly) like Green Mile Carruth, OJ, and Michael Vick (dogs count too), or a cheater like Lyle Alzado (R.I.P.), Bill poppin'-them-white-pills Romanowski, and all the other wife beatin' tax cheatin' foos out there!

I can think of a lot worse 5 year and younger players out there. Guy's got diabetes and he CANNOT be sacked and can throw the ball 80 yards. We'll see who goes after him and how ferverently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
I forgot to add that Mile High is going to be a very dangerous place...I'm talking to you McDaniels, you audacious little c%#@*
Beauty. I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Denver is going to look back at this as the worst mistake in their franchise history. Cutler is going to a very successful QB somewhere.

Denver is going to be in the crapper for a looooong time.
Right. I agree. This is why I'm disgusted by this. Bowlen needs to be exiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Speedaddicted! Good post! Hold on to that thought, be back later this p.m. My own personal vehicle needs a tuneup at the chiropractor's office. 2 spark plugs are out!
Bah ha ha! I liked the analogy just fine HH. No offense to Speeds post, I just didn't read it. I'm just a different dog or something. I still agree with your analogy and don't forget to get that faucet fixed at the gyno HH.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-01-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football