Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinpdx View Post
I have been a Seattle fan since I was a kid. I am one of the few Seahawk fans at my work. BUT once Seattle started to do good and looking like they have a shot to go to the Super Bowl, it seems everyone I work with just about is a Seahawk fan.
Don't worry about it. Winning does that to people. I know someone who is supposedly a "die-hard Chargers" fan who was apparently a Seahawks fan all of a sudden. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM

8,604 posts, read 14,885,270 times
At the end of the day the Seahawks took the Broncos out behind the woodshed in all 3 phases of the game. The defense came out and smacked our offense around and they looked like the damn Keystone Kops for most of the game. Maybe next year we can focus on our defense a tad instead of celebrating a bunch of hollow, meaningless offensive statistics.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:30 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
At the end of the day the Seahawks took the Broncos out behind the woodshed in all 3 phases of the game. The defense came out and smacked our offense around and they looked like the damn Keystone Kops for most of the game. Maybe next year we can focus on our defense a tad instead of celebrating a bunch of hollow, meaningless offensive statistics.
The infuriating thing about this game is that is NOT what happened. Denver played arguably the sloppiest game in NFL post season history.

I would have no trouble accepting the outcome if we had actually lost to the better team. As it was, our team came out unprepared, lifeless, and inept. The only unit that came out with fire was our defense, and with the exception of a couple errors they played almost as well as their supposedly far superior Seattle counterparts.

Pitiful game.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Broncos Fan FOR LIFE! United in Orange always!

Old 02-02-2014, 08:45 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The infuriating thing about this game is that is NOT what happened. Denver played arguably the sloppiest game in NFL post season history.

I would have no trouble accepting the outcome if we had actually lost to the better team. As it was, our team came out unprepared, lifeless, and inept. The only unit that came out with fire was our defense, and with the exception of a couple errors they played almost as well as their supposedly far superior Seattle counterparts.

Pitiful game.
There is no doubt that Seattle's defense is superior. Sorry that your team lost though.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
There is no doubt that Seattle's defense is superior. Sorry that your team lost though.
I don't disagree. My point was that our defense, which has been much maligned during the year, played almost as well as Seattle's. Our offense, despite being the greatest of all time, came out completely flaccid.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinpdx View Post
I have been a Seattle fan since I was a kid. I am one of the few Seahawk fans at my work. BUT once Seattle started to do good and looking like they have a shot to go to the Super Bowl, it seems everyone I work with just about is a Seahawk fan.
I was laughing at a previous poster who referred to the Seahawks as the Bandhawks (a lame insult) and not questioning Seattle fans.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:59 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I don't disagree. My point was that our defense, which has been much maligned during the year, played almost as well as Seattle's. Our offense, despite being the greatest of all time, came out completely flaccid.
You better watch the game again, Bronco's got curb stomped by a far superior team in every phase of the game. Hawk defense if far and away the best in the NFL.
Bronco's looked like crap because they were out played. They didn't come out flat, they were plain out flattened.
There can be no excuses to what happened to Denver, they played a much better team, pure and simple..

Old 02-02-2014, 09:01 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
When I finally got disgusted with the owners of the Vikings, I needed someone else to root for. Since my favorite city in the 50 states is Seattle, I just switched. But when Denver won the AFC, I was glad. I would have been disappointed if they'd been eliminated short of that. Mainly, I hate ANYTHING that Jim Irsay says to be borne out. Him being snarky about Peyton is such a case of rich man's arrogance. Anyway, I'd have been happy for a close game. There must be a curse on the Mannings this year. Eli can't score at all. And Peyton struggles.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You better watch the game again, Bronco's got curb stomped by a far superior team in every phase of the game. Hawk defense if far and away the best in the NFL.
Bronco's looked like crap because they were out played. They didn't come out flat, they were plain out flattened.
There can be no excuses to what happened to Denver, they played a much better team, pure and simple..
I watched every snap of the game, and your analysis is as ass backwards as you trying to tell us how much better Seattle's kicker was.

Seattle played a good game, but it far pales to the ineptitude we displayed on offense. That ineptitude was responsible for the turnovers that gave the game away before the half was even over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football