U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 PM

13,185 posts, read 14,893,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticky909 View Post
I had a bit of a revelation a bit back when it came to the broncos. Why is Brandon Marshall on the team and Jay Cutler isn't? Then I thought about the direction this team is going and realized Brandon Marshall and the receiving core will be a bigger part of this offence than a quarterback like Cutler would be.
At the risk of rehashing the Cutler fiasco (ughhh) I'll just mention that Jay is only gone because he wanted out. McDaniels never actively tried to trade him, and had Jay stuck around we would have had an offense that made the 2007 Patriots look like a team unfamiliar with the concept of a forward pass. I take a little comfort in knowing that Jay is now in the offensive wasteland known as Chicago.

Quote:
I'm assuming there will be alot more accurate short passing and after the catch yardage this year than last year. Having a beast like Marshall to get that extra yards after the catch, and taking pressure off emerging guys like Royal is more key to this team than Cutler was.
Yes, this is correct.

Quote:
We need accuracy more than arm, though Orton and Sims I've heard have been pretty shakey thus far in camp.
Yeah, but they're still learning and this is a complex offense. To put it in perspective, alot of Patriot fans wanted Cassel flat out cut because of how bad he played in the 08 preseason, yet when he actually hit the field he turned in a very good year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Moreno is signed.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:35 PM

14,513 posts, read 16,582,777 times
Yep, happened late yesterday afternoon. I don't have the exact figures, but it goes for five years and has good size signing bonus. That is good news, as he needed to get in camp.

He probably won't be ready for the pre-season opener at San Francisco next Friday night, but we'll see what happens over the next several days.

According to the Post, he gets into camp tomorrow.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 AM

Ryan Harris injured in practice today. Injury is to the shoulder but apparently nothing serious.

Also, the official depth chart is out on the team site.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:01 PM

535 posts, read 1,214,289 times
I think the big stories with the depth chart was one of the linebackers, NT, Marshall being a backup (But hasn't practiced), and Ryan Torrain I think was last in the RB position. That's a shame for Torrain, from what I hear he is a hard working guy just ran into injuries immediately.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM

Good point Ticky. We'll find out how all this shakes out starting this Friday night against San Francisco. I think, or I should say hope, the head coach will take a close look at the running back situation in terms of the amount of backs that went down as the season progressed. As long as I've followed football, I've never seen that amount of players injured and out for the season at the running back position.

Regarding this year, do the Broncos keep 5 or 6 backs? To be sure, there will be a back on the practice squad.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 AM

Mike Klis has a good article in Thursday's Denver Post, talking about this year's schedule. It is a must read for Bronco fans. Once I saw the schedule when it came out a few months ago, it didn't take but a second or two for me to determine that it might be the toughest in the league. Klis confirms it- it IS the toughest schedule in the league from what he sees.

Conference games include Indianapolis, New England, and Baltimore. And we play the NFC East this year as well. Some pretty tough games here.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM

I think it's good we play the toughest schedule in the league. Get the reality checks in right off the bat with this new team and get everybody hardened up.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 PM

3,797 posts, read 5,796,112 times
Hope Marshall fares well with this court hearing? I guess he could be suspended?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:31 PM

I don't think it should be a big deal. From what I understand this trial is for a misdemeanor. Right now I don't think he's generating alot of hype with this trial, and therefore his not being in the spotlight may help him avoid attention from the league and give us a whole season. We'll see how that hip holds up we could use him this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football