Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 04:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,962,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yes, it's been an odd year. I've watched all the games but am just feeling as hopeful and excited as last year. Haven't had much to comment on because I just can't get a feel for the "character" (for lack of a better word) of this team.

Regardless....we'll be wearing the orange and blue as long as we can over here
One thing I learned in the down years of 2006-2010 (especially that 4-12 2010 season) was to enjoy the ride more than I had in the past. I think that is part of what made the Tebow year so much fun. Then to transition to Manning...Even though the Super Bowl was a let down, I had to ask myself this: Did I have more fun than I would have if the Broncos had not made it to the Super Bowl? The answer was yes, I did. I'd call that a successful season. Some people will say anything short of a Super Bowl is failure, but that makes most teams failures most seasons. I certainly want the Broncos to look at it that way, mind you, because it's their job! But I'm a fan. I've enjoyed this season, the 12-4 finish, the storm this team had to weather to get there, and plan on enjoying the playoffs ahead, regardless of the outcome. FWIW, I think we have a contender here and while I don't blame anyone for considering the Pats the favorite out of the AFC, I have a lot of confidence the Broncos will again represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. And with the way they've played this season, I am confident they can beat any team in the NFC slate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 04:49 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,679,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This thread is usually one of the busier ones here, but has been surprisingly quiet lately.
To a person who's not a Denver fan, its not really surprising...

Generally, the people who post on here post more when their teams do well...(ie look at all the Seahawk and Cowboys fans who have been posting alot lately.)

Even though you guys are a #2 seed, the feeling from outside is that Denver is not unstoppable say like last year or even the year before. You guys got beat up against the Rams and most recently Peyton seemed human against the Bengals...I think his performance has alot of Denver fans worried...(many would not admit to it, but I think its definitely in the back of alot of peoples minds...)

Who knows, maybe once the divisional round comes around, you guys will blow out whoever you'll play, and it'll be like old times w/you guys posting nonstop...lol

Old 12-31-2014, 05:33 PM

236 posts, read 368,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Who knows, maybe once the divisional round comes around, you guys will blow out whoever you'll play, and it'll be like old times w/you guys posting nonstop...lol
Unless special teams can play that way we're a looming liability in any game.

That said, time to get healthy, a resurgent running game, and a strong secondary are nothing to sneeze at.

Peyton needs to look a bit less frazzled when he's passing - wakey, wakey OL!

Old 12-31-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Generally, the people who post on here post more when their teams do well...(ie look at all the Seahawk and Cowboys fans who have been posting alot lately.)

Even though you guys are a #2 seed, the feeling from outside is that Denver is not unstoppable say like last year or even the year before. You guys got beat up against the Rams and most recently Peyton seemed human against the Bengals...I think his performance has alot of Denver fans worried...(many would not admit to it, but I think its definitely in the back of alot of peoples minds...)

This thread was pretty active in the midst of a 4-12 season for the Broncos a few years ago, so I completely reject your explanation. The activity on this thread this year simply never reached some of the higher levels we're used to seeing, even as the Broncos got out to a pretty fast start. This is not a dedicated fan site, so it is not unreasonable if some fans haven't been as active here as they have been in the past. There is actually a lot of excitement about this Broncos team right now, and a very quiet confidence. Peyton's performance has been a dialogue, but not one I buy into. He is not infallible, but nobody is.

There is a quiet confidence amongst Broncos fans right now. Their defense is playing really good ball right now and the offense has morphed into a physical bruiser that can still move the ball fast and deep. This bye comes at a much needed time, and I think the team will emerge stronger for it. I won't go so far as to predict the Broncos as Super Bowl or even AFC Champs just yet, but I will say there is not a team in the playoff slate this Broncos team is not capable of beating.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:58 PM

18,196 posts, read 25,766,239 times
While I'm watching the Fiesta Bowl, I've been doing some digging regarding posting per season on the Bronco team thread. Here's what I come up with-----

2009--posts 10 to 326-----------316
2010--posts 327 to 1120---------793
2011--posts 1710 to 2577--------867
2012--posts 2578 to 3562--------984
2013--posts 3563 to 4594--------1031
2014--posts 4595 to 5357--------762

HEH, I haven't imbibed yet but my numbers are a tad off here, will correct this later tonight.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
While I'm watching the Fiesta Bowl, I've been doing some digging regarding posting per season on the Bronco team thread. Here's what I come up with-----

2010--posts 327 to 1120---------588
Did you go by calendar year or season? Because some of the early posts in calendar year 2014 were likely on the subject of the 2013 season and ensuing playoffs. Either way, even in a "quiet" year the Broncos fans have been pretty active here. The sports-dedicated forums I frequent also have very thriving Broncos communities. I don't think there is a "best" fan base, rather a top 5 that you can make a case for, and Broncos fans are easily in that group.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,401,981 times
Quote:

Eh...I've been a fan for 20 years - since I moved here (Bears fan prior to that....still have a soft spot save for a player or two ). Lots of ups and downs. Some years are more interesting to me than others (it doesn't always correlate to a winning season although those certainly tend to be more fun). This year has been overall good, just not as compelling to discuss. Or maybe I've just had a lot more going on outside CD. Although even before the season started I wasn't feeling it. Didn't even join my pick'em group. Shrugs.

Happy New Year fellow fans!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

2010--posts 327 to 1120---------793

HEH, I haven't imbibed yet but my numbers are a tad off here, will correct this later tonight.
The most obvious trend is the huge decline from last year to this year....roughly 30%. 2010 doesn't really count because anytime you have a new forum/sticky thread, it takes a little bit of time to start (hence it started in 2010)/

The results are not surprising as for the reasons I stated in my earlier post....

What are the numbers for the Cowboys thread? I bet you a nickel it jumped up ALOT recently....

Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
The most obvious trend is the huge decline from last year to this year....roughly 30%. 2010 doesn't really count because anytime you have a new forum/sticky thread, it takes a little bit of time to start (hence it started in 2010)/

The results are not surprising as for the reasons I stated in my earlier post....

What are the numbers for the Cowboys thread? I bet you a nickel it jumped up ALOT recently....
Not necessarily true, but you believe whatever you wish.

PS: The thread actually started in 2008.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Not necessarily true, but you believe whatever you wish.

PS: The thread actually started in 2008.
We can argue about how long it takes to rev up a thread I'll agree with you there, but make no mistake the most striking item from double h's data is the drop off from last year. I'm glad he posted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football