Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2015, 09:26 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times

Advertisements

Didn't watch the game. Had to rest for an early-morning jaunt up Mount Flora - that and preseason football moves my meter about as much as the Pro Bowl.

Watched the highlights and was pleasantly surprised by Brock Osweiler and Bennie Fowler. The O-line is still a question mark, but they look better than they did last year (which really isn't saying a lot).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 06:21 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
I'm curious to hear what other Broncos fans expectations are for this season. There's a lot of change this year. Coach, OC, DC, scheme on offense, scheme on defense, departure of a few key starters, etc. This would have "dumpster fire" written all over it for most teams. But this Broncos team has some solid leadership in place and I think more has been made of the changes than is warranted, especially the departures of JT and Welker. We will potentially miss Pot Roast way more than either of those two and maybe won't even miss him.

Still, a lot of change means some growing pains so it's a safe bet this team isn't going to waltz through a tough schedule and blow out everyone on their slate. But even when I consider the variables and flaws on this Broncos team, I also recognize every team they will play this season will also have flaws and honestly I wouldn't trade the Broncos problems at this point for any other teams.

Bottom line? I'm on the fence. I think this team is no worse than 11-5 this year. I think that would be a successful regular season either way, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them north of that mark by a game or two. The bigger question to me is this: assuming I'm right about the record, will all the changes result in a better performance once the team reaches the playoffs?

Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,210 times
Having Wade back to coach the Defense is a good move. The D should be great.
The young O-Line will be tested to the extreme. They will need to figure it out quickly, or it will be a long and painful season.
Also, I suspect Osweiler will need to be ready to step up. Peyton needs to be more the teacher than the leader, this year.

11-5 is mighty optimistic, I think, but I can see the playoffs being a possibility. We need to be prepared for disappointment in the early games as they learn to play together. I would be more comfortable going into the Bye week, at 2-4 than 6-0.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:58 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm curious to hear what other Broncos fans expectations are for this season. There's a lot of change this year. Coach, OC, DC, scheme on offense, scheme on defense, departure of a few key starters, etc. This would have "dumpster fire" written all over it for most teams. But this Broncos team has some solid leadership in place and I think more has been made of the changes than is warranted, especially the departures of JT and Welker. We will potentially miss Pot Roast way more than either of those two and maybe won't even miss him.

Still, a lot of change means some growing pains so it's a safe bet this team isn't going to waltz through a tough schedule and blow out everyone on their slate. But even when I consider the variables and flaws on this Broncos team, I also recognize every team they will play this season will also have flaws and honestly I wouldn't trade the Broncos problems at this point for any other teams.

Bottom line? I'm on the fence. I think this team is no worse than 11-5 this year. I think that would be a successful regular season either way, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them north of that mark by a game or two. The bigger question to me is this: assuming I'm right about the record, will all the changes result in a better performance once the team reaches the playoffs?
Just like every year, I expect nothing less than the Super Bowl. We're not the Chiefs. We demand winning.

We've made a lot of changes this year, but almost every change was an upgrade. Kubiak is a far better coach than John Fox, Rick Dennison is probably a better OC than Gase just by virtue of experience. Wade Phillips is miles ahead of Del Rio as DC.

Manning alone makes us a contender. Whatever drop we *might* see in offensive production should more than be made up for by a vastly improved defense.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:43 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
I don't know about you guys, but I can't help but feel this Broncos defense is going to be insane this season. When I think about the potential for the offense to struggle with all the changes, I am encouraged by the high probability this defense will keep the team in games early in the season until the offense gets its feet beneath it.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:36 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I can't help but feel this Broncos defense is going to be insane this season. When I think about the potential for the offense to struggle with all the changes, I am encouraged by the high probability this defense will keep the team in games early in the season until the offense gets its feet beneath it.
Preseason or not, a sack and a sack-fumble on the league's most elusive QB in week 1 is pretty impressive.

On an unrelated note, any Broncos fans out there have a good source for full game highlights? Being in Seattle with DirecTv unavailable, I don't get to see most games. I can't count the number of times I've wanted a highlight reel that was a true summary of the game. The annoyingly short 3 minute recaps on nfl.com and ESPN.com aren't nearly enough. The single play videos are also insufficient, as they last about 20 seconds (after a 30 second ad) and only show one or two plays.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:55 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
I think there's a product called NFL Rewind, but it's not free, and I assume it's just full games, not highlights.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Preseason or not, a sack and a sack-fumble on the league's most elusive QB in week 1 is pretty impressive.

On an unrelated note, any Broncos fans out there have a good source for full game highlights? Being in Seattle with DirecTv unavailable, I don't get to see most games. I can't count the number of times I've wanted a highlight reel that was a true summary of the game. The annoyingly short 3 minute recaps on nfl.com and ESPN.com aren't nearly enough. The single play videos are also insufficient, as they last about 20 seconds (after a 30 second ad) and only show one or two plays.
If you're fine with a legal gray area, torrents are an option.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:57 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I think there's a product called NFL Rewind, but it's not free, and I assume it's just full games, not highlights.
Sadly this has now become "NFL Game Pass" which costs a hundred bucks. It also only offers access to full games. I was just hoping for a video recap that's more detailed than the 1 or 2 minute spot on the major sports networks.

I currently subscribe to Red Zone. I'm not a huge fan of the service but it's the closest I can get to seeing my team play. I really really hate the NFL's anti-fan business dealings.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:09 PM

BIG NEWS!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...97571108044800
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football