Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 11:07 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,668,858 times

Advertisements

Well, THAT didn't turn out the we expected.
It was still a great game. A lot of mistakes by the D helped the Chiefs out in the last drive.

Trevor stepped up and made some great plays. He is really showing promise.

I have to say, it took a lot of guts to go for that FG attempt. I'm sure Kubiak will get some serious flak over it, but, you know how cool it would have been if they made it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 07:38 AM

26,174 posts, read 48,888,485 times
Very exciting game to watch, but a lousy outcome.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:43 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,709,794 times
Is anyone else with me that I think the Broncos should have went for 2 points after the last touchdown in regulation. Fail and they are still up by 7. Make it and up by 9 and would require two scores from KC.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:49 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Is anyone else with me that I think the Broncos should have went for 2 points after the last touchdown in regulation. Fail and they are still up by 7. Make it and up by 9 and would require two scores from KC.

In hindsight.. yes...
seems like if your gutsy enough to try that 62 yard FG at the end, your gutsy enough to go for 2 in regulation.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 AM

8,602 posts, read 14,823,764 times
Broncos playoff chances aren't gone just yet, but the team needs a crash cart. Broncos are now tied with the Dolphins for the second wild card, but the Fins own the tiebreaker. I think if Denver finishes 10-6 or lower they miss the playoffs.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:28 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,709,794 times
All I know is they need a major upgrade at OL. Literally all new positions. The problem is 95% of all NFL teams need OL upgrades. It's the weakest position by far in the NFL. No wonder Dallas and Oakland are doing so well. They seem to be the only two teams with above average offensive lines.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:20 PM

796 posts, read 503,546 times
I watched the game last night....great game but I'm surprised at the mistakes the Broncos made. I credit the loss to all 3 phases but ST the most..and can't forget coaching.

The issues with the O is the O line and predictable play calling especially with the run game. I can tell CJ Anderson being out hampers the run game. The O didn't come alive until the 2nd half. Simeien did good towards end but the receiver may should've stepped out of bounds before endzone. He scored too fast and the D may have been gassed.

The D did well until the last 3 drives. They played prevent D and folded when all they need to do is make critical stop and they couldn't do it. They couldn't even stop 2 pt conversion and that surprised me. But Broncos D especially the run D isn't as stout as last year so other phases need to step up.

Way too many ST errors like the muffed punts, allowing a safety, muffing punt on good field position, and when Denver D only allowed FG....that penalty which allowed Chiefs an easy TD.

Coaching seems to be an issue. Play calling too predictable. And going for that long FG was too risky especially if u don't have a very elite kicker. If I was Kubiak, I would've gone for 4th to try to extend drive. He knew his D wasn't getting it done at the end....why put them in a bad position like the O did twice in the Oakland game?

Too many errors all around to get a win.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:53 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,786,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I watched the game last night....great game but I'm surprised at the mistakes the Broncos made. I credit the loss to all 3 phases but ST the most..and can't forget coaching.

The issues with the O is the O line and predictable play calling especially with the run game. I can tell CJ Anderson being out hampers the run game. The O didn't come alive until the 2nd half. Simeien did good towards end but the receiver may should've stepped out of bounds before endzone. He scored too fast and the D may have been gassed.

The D did well until the last 3 drives. They played prevent D and folded when all they need to do is make critical stop and they couldn't do it. They couldn't even stop 2 pt conversion and that surprised me. But Broncos D especially the run D isn't as stout as last year so other phases need to step up.

Way too many ST errors like the muffed punts, allowing a safety, muffing punt on good field position, and when Denver D only allowed FG....that penalty which allowed Chiefs an easy TD.

Coaching seems to be an issue. Play calling too predictable. And going for that long FG was too risky especially if u don't have a very elite kicker. If I was Kubiak, I would've gone for 4th to try to extend drive. He knew his D wasn't getting it done at the end....why put them in a bad position like the O did twice in the Oakland game?

Too many errors all around to get a win.
Booker was already eating into Anderson's touches before he got injured, so Anderson being out is not hurting the running game all that much.

As a neutral fan I like the call by Kubiak. He had a chance to win and took it. It was not as if KC was moving the ball that easily. He has the luxury of having a defense that he can rely on so he can make calls like that.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,962,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
As a neutral fan I like the call by Kubiak. He had a chance to win and took it. It was not as if KC was moving the ball that easily. He has the luxury of having a defense that he can rely on so he can make calls like that.
As a Broncos fan I liked the long FG attempt. I like seeing a team try to win. I considered the punt a concession of the win.

Consider this:

The FG attempt gives you a chance to win the game while simultaneously increasing your risk of losing the game. You still have a chance to tie. The punt concedes the win and plays for the tie, but you can still lose. You pretty much can't win the game outright with a punt. Sure, they could have hoped for a muffed punt, but you cannot rely on errors by the opponent in planning your strategy. You have to be willing to bank on your own team being able to get it done. I like that Kubiak did. In this case it didn't work out, but it was still the right call. Kubiak made the only call that gave his team a shot at a win. That's not always going to work, but it's always the right call.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:03 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,595,310 times
Kubiak's problem was the second or third down at leading up to the FG attempt. If you know you are going to attempt a 62 yard FG, then why not run it once or twice in second and third down. Take another minute off the clock and likely pick up at least 2 or 3 yards to make the attempt slightly easier. This is what DP was talking about on his show this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football