U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,163,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are 2-0. I didn't expect this but I'll take it
I second that, my friend - and even with all the lore between Denver and Cleveland (the Drive, the Fumble, Cleveland hasn't beaten us since 1990, etc.), I will admit that the Browns fans at our bar here in STL are MUCH classier and nicer than the redneck Bungles filth from last week.

Having said that, our boys looked good today, my only MINOR gripes are that Orton needs a little more time/vision on passing plays, and the defense, while MUCH better than last week, still needs a little more efficiency on stopping the run. Sure, Jamal Lewis is a beast, but we will be facing some bad@ss running backs later in the season.

We go to Jokeland next week - nothing to take for granted by any means, but getting to 3-0 would be nice before the next seven games against tough opponents.

GO BRONCOS! 2-0! Bronco Nation in St. Louis!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 AM

8,203 posts, read 13,359,510 times
When the Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens, that's the real Cleveland Browns. They should blow up Baltimore and we can forget there was ever a B-more Ravens team and an Art Modell.

But... the Ravens are your real Cleveland Browns reincarnated. It's just a shame they got their heart ripped out when they left Cleveland, now they're wondering around with no soul. Maybe one day... the souls of the Browns will return to Cleveland where they belong. Cleveland fans deserve a better team than what the Bmore Ravens became. Maybe in time.

If the Broncos can beat that Raven team, then we can talk some smack. We just beat two Ohio teams. Nice. But 14 tough games ahead.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM

17,328 posts, read 24,393,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
When the Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens, that's the real Cleveland Browns. They should blow up Baltimore and we can forget there was ever a B-more Ravens team and an Art Modell.

But... the Ravens are your real Cleveland Browns reincarnated. It's just a shame they got their heart ripped out when they left Cleveland, now they're wondering around with no soul. Maybe one day... the souls of the Browns will return to Cleveland where they belong. Cleveland fans deserve a better team than what the Bmore Ravens became. Maybe in time.

If the Broncos can beat that Raven team, then we can talk some smack. We just beat two Ohio teams. Nice. But 14 tough games ahead.

BTDT when my Colts left Baltimore under the cover of darkness many years ago and went to Indy. I know that feeling. Football has never been the same for me since.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 AM

17,328 posts, read 24,393,891 times
I watched much of the game; loved that 45-yard TD run by Correll Buckhalter in the 4th Qtr.

Overall, I thought the Bronco's looked quite good. Let's see how they do against the Raiders next week in Oakland.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-21-2009 at 03:33 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM

3,657 posts, read 4,608,757 times
Great post! Don't you mean "Chokeland"??? , 3-0 would be awesome, thenwe have the Pats, that will be a tough-ey but a good test for the upcoming tougher teams.

I was at the the game yesterday, and I only witnessed minor ribbing of the Browns fans. Last year, I went to Cleveland for the Bronco game, and those fans were terrible!! They have defianately not gotten over The Drive or Fumble. It was great to see Sharpe inducted into the Ring of Fame, although I missed his skydiving entrance at the beginning of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I second that, my friend - and even with all the lore between Denver and Cleveland (the Drive, the Fumble, Cleveland hasn't beaten us since 1990, etc.), I will admit that the Browns fans at our bar here in STL are MUCH classier and nicer than the redneck Bungles filth from last week.

Having said that, our boys looked good today, my only MINOR gripes are that Orton needs a little more time/vision on passing plays, and the defense, while MUCH better than last week, still needs a little more efficiency on stopping the run. Sure, Jamal Lewis is a beast, but we will be facing some bad@ss running backs later in the season.

We go to Jokeland next week - nothing to take for granted by any means, but getting to 3-0 would be nice before the next seven games against tough opponents.

GO BRONCOS! 2-0! Bronco Nation in St. Louis!!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:25 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,266,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

McGowdog is absolutely right. The two Ohio teams! Then Cinci turns around and clocks the Pack, WTH?

Just got in, was at the game, will comment at length tonight and tomorrow about the game. PLUS, I will talk about Shannon Sharpe, um, "dropping in" to say Hi! What a scene! Will post later!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:37 PM

3,657 posts, read 4,608,757 times
The skydive was great, I missed it but they replayed it during the halftime ceremony. Elway, Mecklenberg, Braxton, and other alums were there. It was heartfelt when he got choked up before he spoke, very nice! You caould tell he really loved the Denver fans. They replayed his fake phone conversation where he pleaded for the National Guard to come because Denver was "killing" the Patriots! Classic!! The unveiling of his name in the Ring of Fame was so cool!! I'm glad I got to see it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
McGowdog is absolutely right. The two Ohio teams! Then Cinci turns around and clocks the Pack, WTH?

Just got in, was at the game, will comment at length tonight and tomorrow about the game. PLUS, I will talk about Shannon Sharpe, um, "dropping in" to say Hi! What a scene! Will post later!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Tailgaiting maybe three hours before the game, a Bronco employee from their community relations department stopped over at our section and talked for a little bit. He tipped us off in regards to what Shannon was going to do. At first I didn't believe it at all, then I thought better considering Shannon and his, um, i guess you could call it his way of having a good time.

The public address announcer played it up for what is was worth, and the crowd roared their approval. Shannon later said he had taken two previous practice jumps with the same paratrooper, as he was not used to that altitude. For those who saw the game but not the jump itself, just google in "Shannon Sharpe jump", there are several different you tubes on this.

Absolutely hilarious! And Shannon's halftime speech was impressive as well! It was pretty much a good day all the way around!

Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Comments on the Broncos/Browns game:

Great performance by the defense, they are looking better by the week. Elvis Dumervill with four sacks. What a game he had! One short of tying a club record.

Quinn had time at other times, but receivers were blanketed through the game. Rumor through the NFL channel has it Quinn might be on a short leash. Mike Nolan is doing his work as defensive coordinator, doing it well.

Special teams: I'm not going to throw Matt Prater under the bus for missing the 2 field goals. There was a nasty crosswind in the northwest corner of the stadium. On the second miss he should have aimed his kick more to the right, though. Both kicks didn't do bad till they got to the ten, then those kicks took off to the left like he was slicing a golf ball on the shot off the tee. And let me tell ya, that was a storm and a half that blew in, too! It came in as the first quarter was ending. (I drove in 4 inches of snow on Monday near the Eisenhower tunnel as I was going home). Kickoffs and the other fg's were ok!

Offense called a good game. Correll Buckhalter has served notice to Knowshon Moreno that if Moreno wants to start he better get to work at it. Buckhalter is NOT just going to hand it over to him. A great game by him, SOLID td run.

We're gonna have to get used to the fact that Orton can't throw long. But the one thing he is avoiding is turnovers. I'm sure the head coach has been pounding that into his brain since the moment he got to Dove Valley.
Brandon Marshall- don't know what to say about him.
Peyton Hillis- Didn't get off on the right foot by fumbling the opening kickoff, but redeemed himself with that td run. I wish he could get more carries.

Raider week this week. They are playing better than I thought. They gave San Diego a game and then some, and beat K.C. at the last minute.

Opening game of last year we started their season with a 35-3 clock cleaning. They won't be so accommodating Sunday. They'll be in a surly mood, for sure.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,163,341 times
Always tough to play at Jokeland, Al Davis' misguided youth appear to be improving. Let's hope Elvis Dumervil and the D have another Orange Crush-like day against JaMarcus Russell.

GO BRONCOS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football