Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 12:49 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Well, after watching the Chiefs on Friday night and the Raiders on the CBS early game yesterday morning, I believe it's a safe bet that Denver better be ready tonight. I'm still trying to digest this Brock Osweiler business as the decision to make Tracy Simien the starter was settled a few weeks ago. But all depends on his performance-and his health- and this years overhaul of the offensive line. IMO if it's going to be a long night for Simien then it might be a long season for the Broncos.

Not that the Chargers have the best O-line going. In the off season Russell Okung signed with the Chargers after washing out with Denver. And Michael Schofield? Heh, well he got picked up by the Chargers after Denver cut him last week. OY!

I'm not bonkers on 8:25 p.m. kickoffs, that's for sure. BUT--we'll see what happens!
Firstly, that is Trevor Siemian who is the Broncos' QB.
Bringing Brock back was just un-resistable to Elway, I suspect. we get him for the year for a bargain, and he has proved to be a decent back-up. And he gets 15 mil from Cleveland whether he plays or not, so no pressure for him.

Trevor will have to step up and "Be the Man" this year. But the O-line needs to keep him safe, and his receivers need to be there for him.
Brock is a decent guy if he has the O-line and some decent hands to throw to. He has yet to show the leadership that marks a Top Gun in the league, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 12:53 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Firstly, that is Trevor Siemian who is the Broncos' QB.
Bringing Brock back was just un-resistable to Elway, I suspect. we get him for the year for a bargain, and he has proved to be a decent back-up. And he gets 15 mil from Cleveland whether he plays or not, so no pressure for him.

Trevor will have to step up and "Be the Man" this year. But the O-line needs to keep him safe, and his receivers need to be there for him.
Brock is a decent guy if he has the O-line and some decent hands to throw to. He has yet to show the leadership that marks a Top Gun in the league, though.
Trevor! Oops!

Old 09-11-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Trevor! Oops!
Yeah, I've never done that, myself.
Well, THIS week, anyway.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:31 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Trevor! Oops!
Well as a Chiefs fan I'm hoping Trevor winds up looking more like Tracy.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Well as a Chiefs fan I'm hoping Trevor winds up looking more like Tracy.

Damn senior moments! -that's what I get for talking about Steve Tensi on post #6986 and the good old days from the late 60's!

Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:

Damn senior moments! -that's what I get for talking about Steve Tensi on post #6986 and the good old days from the late 60's!
Tell me about it. I had years of HOF tight end Tony G #88 but to me #88 will always be Chris Burford. My first bit of Chiefs gear was an 88 jersey back in "67.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:51 PM

Ya'll talk about the tough early years. Hummpfh
Y'all don't know tough. My first NFL Team was the Saints.
I was there for Opening day when Gilliam's Kickoff return was the high point of the SEASON!

The Broncos lost their first Superbowl before the Saints ever learned to spell "Playoffs"

Still have a soft spot for the Saints, but, being a Broncos Fan has proved far more rewarding.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 PM

Well! That was interesting.
We have some good potential, there. Ol' Phillip almost pulled off the Opening day upset.
I think Trevor showed some promise there. The O still has some work to do, but they are beginning to gel.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:28 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Broncos take it 24-21. The 2nd half was a tale of 2 quarters. Broncos couldn't have been much better in the 3rd and on offense much worse in the 4th. To be fair, that INT Siemian threw should have been PI, but they have to shake that stuff off. The ensuing drive with the Charles fumble...that's just the way football goes sometimes. Then there was a sure scoring drive where they gave up all those sacks to make a sure score a 50 yard miss.

The good news is these are all things that can be corrected. And hopefully while they are correcting them the Broncos defense can remain dominant. That was a heck of a performance tonight. They got hosed by the O in the 4th (and by the refs again on that non-call on the INT) but they held just enough.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:37 PM

Horrible call on the pass interference. And the side judge was looking right at it! Oy!

Give credit to San Diego. Philip Rivers is the qb Bronco fans love to hate, but the guy never gives up. Never. I was pretty sure that this game was going to be close, it's the opening game, the Chargers are penciled in by a lot of people to finish last in the division. They probably will, at the same time they could also come in with a 8-8 season. The AFC West is one tough division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football