Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 03:04 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

It's a HORRIBLE look! Why post pics that make it seem you're using or celebrating cocaine use? There are many people with real addictions and this kind of throws it in their faces, imo. And "professional" people should not be posting drug videos, even if it is pretend. Who pretends to use cocaine at a party and make videos and post it??? It looks terrible.
And if Chad Kelly wasn't under the influence of alcohol, why was he "mumbling incoherently"??? Seems like you would have to have taken or drank something to make you that way, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 04:22 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
There has been some clarification - the party was a "Wild West" theme, but Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Marshall went off-script. Still a bit of a head-scratcher, especially in the social media age.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:46 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
There has been some clarification - the party was a "Wild West" theme, but Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Marshall went off-script. Still a bit of a head-scratcher, especially in the social media age.
They wore western costumes that were based on characters from movies that did cocaine. Or something like that. Never believe TMZ!

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-cocaine-theme

Meanwhile I'm seeing hints that Kelly's chances with the team may be in jeopardy. That's too bad. Such a stupid way to ruin a shot in the NFL. The Broncos may be sifting through the bargain bin to find a #2 QB pretty soon.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:17 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Well that didn't take long. He was thisclose to seeing the field, and now his NFL career is likely over. Idiot.

See ya later Chad Kelly.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:38 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Well that didn't take long. He was thisclose to seeing the field, and now his NFL career is likely over. Idiot.

See ya later Chad Kelly.
Smart move by the Broncos. Unmitigated idiocy by Kelly.

General Neller, the Commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, coined a phrase "protect what you've earned." Leaders in the Marine Corps have beat this drum for generations but Gen Neller summed it up in just 4 words. I can't help but wonder how often a similar call to be smart and responsible is made in the locker room and team meetings. It seems like these players all have a lot to lose and would be smart enough to know this and therefore carry themselves a little more responsibly. I guess it just doesn't sink in for some of them.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:03 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:

See ya later Chad Kelly.
Ultimately it turned out to be two “Cases†that kept him from ever starting in Denver.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:59 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Unfortunately, I see these types of story's all to often. Where does people's common sense go once they become A-list celebrity's, sports stars, etc?? Probably would have finished the season as the starting QB, likely going in around Thanksgiving once it was clear the season was going nowhere and now as bluescreen said likely out of the league entirely. What an imbecile!

Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Unfortunately, I see these types of story's all to often. Where does people's common sense go once they become A-list celebrity's, sports stars, etc?? Probably would have finished the season as the starting QB, likely going in around Thanksgiving once it was clear the season was going nowhere and now as bluescreen said likely out of the league entirely. What an imbecile!
Sad, really. I feel bad for his family, especially his uncle Jim Kelly.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:08 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Some of the articles I saw said that Jim Kelly called Elway to talk him into giving Chad a chance. I'm guessing that was a one time only second chance, and it's hard to see any team signing him now.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:23 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some of the articles I saw said that Jim Kelly called Elway to talk him into giving Chad a chance. I'm guessing that was a one time only second chance, and it's hard to see any team signing him now.
Emm 74 is right. Elway looked at the kid the previous day that he got drafted. The NFL's QB "Class of '83" is a pretty close group. Elway called Jim up and Jim stood up for him, admitting he had some problems but had been straightening himself out. Elway gave it a shot and Kelly became the last one drafted that year.

I don't know what the hell to say about this, well, yea, one thing. Kelly should be pretty damn thankful that the only weapon that the homeowner could find was a long hollow tube off his vacuum cleaner. He should be thankful he didn't look at a gun pointed at him instead.

There's something about all this that I'm not getting here. I noticed in the Post this morning he has Harvey Steinberg representing him. Regardless, the Broncos are facing putting Kevin Hogan in as a backup. His figures are 101 pass attempts for 2 seasons with the Cleveland Browns for NFL experience. Considering the offensive line hasn't been stellar regarding pass protection lately, I hope it doesn't have to come to putting Hogan in right away.

I just hope that he can get straightened out and the sooner the better. That being said, it looks like Chad Kelly's NFL opportunities just ended. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-24-2018 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football