Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
QB rating is the most useless stat of a QB ever. Most QB's will tell you this. Ask a guy I really cant stand but he is spot on in Phil Simms about that. If you take 2007 - 2001 his QB percentage also doesnt sky rocket in any year except 07. The Moss/Welker effect.
The QB rating has it's flaws, but besides SB titles and wins, it's the best benchmark to gauge a QB's performance by, and it improved significantly when McDaniels became the QB coach.

Quote:
I've heard Tom speak many times in person and he has complimented Josh, but he's also said the same thing about the late Dick Rehbein, and Charlie Weiss for that matter. Whats the guy suppossed to say?
Again, both he and Cassel specifically said he is the reason they took the next step in their careers. That's not just general praise, and it's a near verbatim quote.

Quote:
I'm not looking to take anything away from what KO has accomplished this season. I am very happy for him and Josh both. I like that he is successful and is putting the doubters to shame. I just dont think that it is realistic to compare him to Brady and say he is even on the same page as Brady at this stage in his NFL career.
You're missing my point.

Orton is not close to player Brady is right now, however he has equal or better talent across the board and a staff that can bring that out in him. He may or may not reach the level Brady has, but he has the capability. I just don't understand why people continue to act like he's some scrub who is just holding down the fort until someone better comes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Double H - Did you see more of a lack of execution on Sunday or being out schemed?
Scheme is dependent on execution, and I can state emphatically that lack of execution is what did us in. Losing our near All-Pro level right tackle was a big loss, and we simply didn't execute in any facet of the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
I think the broncos will win the west but I still like to see how they hold up against the steelers and Indy. I think that will be the best judge how the Broncos play against playoff bound teams late in the season.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I think the broncos will win the west but I still like to see how they hold up against the steelers and Indy. I think that will be the best judge how the Broncos play against playoff bound teams late in the season.
So does that mean that if we beat them, or even one of them, that you'll actually show your face in here to eat some crow?

Old 11-04-2009, 07:43 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
On some of the other threads the last several days, we've gone from friendly banter to trash talking beyond what is acceptable on this board. I want the FB forum to be the best one going on c/d. As Canes 2006 says on one of the "stickies", let's keep it civil. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I think the Broncos have been playing way over their head this year, I don't mean to hate, but I would not be shocked if they finish 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs. I could be way off, just wanted to go on record saying it.
A couple months ago, on the Kansas City Chief team thread (which needs to be updated BTW), I predicted the Chiefs would go 6-10, and being tied for 2nd place in the AFC West. That other club I didn't spell out but I certainly wasn't talking about the Raiders! Obviously not the Chargers!

Chiefs? Broncos? Double H predictions?

When you have as many changes as the Broncos and Chiefs did in the off season there is no rhyme or reason to this season. And you can almost make a blanket statement with all the clubs the way free agency has affected how the season goes courtesy of a quick fix (free agency) or the old way of doing things (the draft and off season trades).

Denver will quite likely lose more games. For the last month, they have played the Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots, and the Ravens. At the start of the season everybody from Fox Sports to ESPN to the NFL Network thought THAT (and later playing the rest of the NFC east, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh) would make the Broncos a .500 team at best.

There are factors that have helped the Broncos this season. Last year there was a bunch of injuries with seven running backs injured and out for the season. This year, with the exception to lineman Ryan Harris, the injuries have been very few. Between 1/2 and 2/3 of this years squad consist of new players. With THAT many players, a new head coach, a new D-coordinator with a new defensive scheme, can a club diagnose immediately what this club can do?. Maybe, maybe not.

Only time will tell. This time the Ravens O figured out how to score on a defense which previously allowed only 12 points so far for the season. We'll see how D-coordinator Mike Nolan reacts this coming Monday night.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Only time will tell. This time the Ravens O figured out how to score on a defense which previously allowed only 12 points so far for the season. We'll see how D-coordinator Mike Nolan reacts this coming Monday night.
Actually the Ravens D shut down our offense, which kept our defense on the field for practically the whole game. When that happens you'll have problems, no matter how good your defense is.

Our defense had a pretty good performance in that game. It's not their fault that the offense and special teams continually bent them over a barrel.

You have to give credit to the Ravens coaching staff. I've been watching football for quite awhile now and they throw some VERY exotic blitz packages at our offense and we did a poor job adjusting.

Now we get to take on the Steelers at home. I'm looking for a major rebound for this team and a breakout game from the offense.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post

Now we get to take on the Steelers at home. I'm looking for a major rebound for this team and a breakout game from the offense.
Don't forget about our friendly rep bet!!

Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Don't forget about our friendly rep bet!!
Never.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So does that mean that if we beat them, or even one of them, that you'll actually show your face in here to eat some crow?
Of course Ill eat my words if Im wrong if they win Ill be the first to post on here

Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Default Ty Law

Heard the Broncos picked up Ty Law. Sooner or later, the Patsy fans are gonna have to root for the Broncos because they won't know the difference.

We'll be the Patriots minus BB and TB. Less Super Bowl wins, but less hated too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football