Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It's a business, just like my day job. My boss could publicly tell everyone I'm doing a great job and then replace me with someone more skilled. It doesn't matter how nice I am, if I'm not at the top of my game, there's always someone out there who can take my job.

You're comparing Tim Tebow to one of the top 5 best QBs to ever play the game. Manning at 75-80% is light years ahead of Tebow right now as a passer. The Broncos will be just fine. Watch for them to take Kellen Moore from Boise State in the draft (this is my hope). The kid is deadly accurate and smart. If there's anybody Peyton Manning can impart his knowledge upon, it's him.

Peyton's guaranteed salary this year is $18 million. That means $24 million left to draft players and sign free agents to shore up the team's deficiencies.

I know but I'm still pissed...Peyton is a has been...and if he gets hurt ( which I'll bet on it) then we gambled for what? Kellen Moore is a beast though I'm thinking we will draft him but I doubt it...
They should keep Tebow-but they won't...now I really can't wait for football season-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I know but I'm still pissed...Peyton is a has been...and if he gets hurt ( which I'll bet on it) then we gambled for what? Kellen Moore is a beast though I'm thinking we will draft him but I doubt it...
They should keep Tebow-but they won't...now I really can't wait for football season-
Manning could go down, but so could Tebow. Heck he wouldn't have played in the AFC Championship game had we miraculously beaten the Pats. He had a broken rib, a bruised lung and fluid in his pleural cavity.

If you're a Tebow fan this is the best thing for him. If he's gonna improve he needs reps and he may not ever get them in Denver. Miami or Jacksonville are his 2 best bets.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:40 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
One thing I heard was Bronco tickets, that are already the ticket to have in the state, is going to be even more sought after. It will make going to Bronco games even more fun this season and my friends and family are already calling me to see if I have extra tickets lol

Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
We're family, right?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:14 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Peyton is a has been? How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I've read that a couple of places and with his arm, ability, even if he can't throw quite as far as once did, he is better than many QBs that can't or won't throw over 20-30 yards in traffic.

Watching the NFL, even tho they say it is a passing game now, many of the QBs are not great long ball throwers or they try it and bingo, intercepted!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:55 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,184 times
Peyton iss 36 years old with 4 recent neck surgeries, his future performance is unknown at this time.

I would have preferred to see him retire. Goes without saying, he is a student of the game and one of the best, but one good hit and he is out, yeah ok, one good hit and anyone is out, but the risk is higher for him. I only hope that with the new rules and bounty fiasco Peyton can get the protection he will need, I'd hate to see him go out with a bad injury.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
Already selling manning jerserys on the website! how strange and exciting at the same time! It all seems so surreal. I'm going to cheer them on as always. No matter what happens. If Tebow was still our QB, I would still look forward to the season and be excited for some Bronco football. I don't have any unreal expectations, I'm just going to root for my team and support them no matter what!!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Peyton is a has been? How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

Really you are asking this question? 36 years old and has had 4 neck surgeries-which by the way if he gets hit a certain way he will be paralyzed? Umm yeah he is a has been..he will NEVER be the quarterback he was

Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Really you are asking this question? 36 years old and has had 4 neck surgeries-which by the way if he gets hit a certain way he will be paralyzed? Umm yeah he is a has been..he will NEVER be the quarterback he was
Nearly every medical professional I've heard, along with a few former NFL players who endured a similar procedure (e.g. Joe Montana), indicated that paralysis due to a hit shouldn't be much of a concern. His neck should be a strong as ever. Of course, even players who've never endured a neck surgery could suffer a paralyzing hit.

What's clear, and even Manning has admitted as much, is that his arm strength is not back to 100%. He still needs time for the nerve to regenerate. We'll see how that goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football